*** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by the wicked child »

Might be too early to scrutinize properly, but upon perusing the thread, cup keeper, dagny and npv all have one meaningless post in the thread. I know with dagny there is the timezone thing which may have prevented posting during the first 2 phases, but it's been day for awhile now.

Also, Zarovich's only posts were to vote for thg after the limit was reached, and then to say "oops"... seemed odd to me... but here was his vote post:
Zarovich wrote:slay THG

With this many votes, I guess he isn't a good rp.
weird... amirite?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I wouldn't mind a CK vote because he usually doesn't contribute until the end.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Has anyone looked into npv? I don't remember him posting much. He has been quiet.

Dags has been quiet too. Not sure if she is a baddie or a good RP though.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Alright.........while I am still quite suspicious of crayz and corvidae, I will admit that I probably don't have enough to make a full case. I am still not buying the "omg mods told me to act crazy that was weird LULZ!" excuse that corvidae used, and crayz going out of his way to defend corvi seems a little odd to me as well. They are still tops on my list right now, but not sure if I am QUITE ready to pull the trigger.

I could get behind 1 of 2 things:

1) a crayz vote

2) a vote for someone like Zaro or CK
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

No one wants to fire a bullet? Coin flip time.

Heads - cup keeper
Tails - Zarovich

*flips coin, drops it like it's hot, flips again... tails*

slay Zarovich
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:redwill, if you can elaborate more on the "mysterious quote" from pfidc, that might sway me a little.
It's not much, I admit. In History Wars (I think) Kicksave made a great point about voting patterns. I commented in PM that Kicksave was not nearly as bad at this game as he sometimes makes himself out to be. PFIDC agreed and wanted to take out Kicksave, which we did, IIRC. That's all. It's the only thing I have to make sense of the Kicksave kill in this game.

It's weak, I know, but combined with the other two points (the vote on Day 1 and the 3rd vote on relantel) it's enough for me for a vote at this point.

Take it FWIW.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ok, I'll vote to slay zarovich

redwill, if you can give me more concrete reasoning on what pfidc said, then I might switch. Or if pfidc could elaborate that would be great.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

slay PFiDC

Redwill has voted for him the last 2 votes and he is pretty good at this game.

There are a few who have not posted much, myself included, and would like to hear some other thoughts.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Interesting redwill....not quite enough for me yet, but that's an interesting point.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:redwill, if you can elaborate more on the "mysterious quote" from pfidc, that might sway me a little.
It's not much, I admit. In History Wars (I think) Kicksave made a great point about voting patterns. I commented in PM that Kicksave was not nearly as bad at this game as he sometimes makes himself out to be. PFIDC agreed and wanted to take out Kicksave, which we did, IIRC. That's all. It's the only thing I have to make sense of the Kicksave kill in this game.
I see... so really it was you who made a point about Kicksave being good, and pfidc agreed... maybe you're the bad one. :pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:Alright.........while I am still quite suspicious of crayz and corvidae, I will admit that I probably don't have enough to make a full case. I am still not buying the "omg mods told me to act crazy that was weird LULZ!" excuse that corvidae used, and crayz going out of his way to defend corvi seems a little odd to me as well. They are still tops on my list right now, but not sure if I am QUITE ready to pull the trigger.

I could get behind 1 of 2 things:

1) a crayz vote

2) a vote for someone like Zaro or CK
This confuses me. You admit that you're suspicious of crayz and corvi, but don't have enough info on either to make a full case. Your suspicion of crayz is that he's defending corvi too much. Yet your only willing to get behind a crayz vote and not a corvi vote? That or one of the quiet ones.... why does corvi not make the list?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB - I thought about this after the post....I would be down for either a crayz or corvi vote. If one is bad, I have a feeling the other one is too. They are the only two that I feel any link between at this point. Sorry for the confusion. And as a matter of fact, I am going to go out on this limb and see what happens.
I am voting crayz because he already has one vote (mac)
spare Zaro
slay crayz

And I'm spent...
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

slay pfidc out of spite because he always tries to kill me and because of redwills reasoning. early days, hard to get anything concrete
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:I see... so really it was you who made a point about Kicksave being good, and pfidc agreed... maybe you're the bad one. :pop:
Well, as Senka would say, there's a 50/50 chance that I'm bad.

(Got that, shafnutz?)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:
MWB wrote:I see... so really it was you who made a point about Kicksave being good, and pfidc agreed... maybe you're the bad one. :pop:
Well, as Senka would say, there's a 50/50 chance that I'm bad.

(Got that, shafnutz?)
I can't argue that logic.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:
redwill wrote:
I see... so really it was you who made a point about Kicksave being good, and pfidc agreed... maybe you're the bad one. :pop:
After catching up on the thread, this was the point I was going to make. I just agreed with kicksave kill due to good reasoning on REDWILLS part.

I didnt play last game and the game before that I was bad. The odds are very low that I would be bad 2 games in a row. It has happened and I am not saying that clears me for sure in the eyes of the village.

My vote for crayz was in the same vane (am I using that right?) as so many end of day 1 voters. The bandwagon is rolling downhill at 88mph and nothing will change it. I even posted that it was just an outside the box vote just for the sake of being different. I never expected the vote to change to crayz as redwill indicated.

I'm not a baddie and I'm not a good RP so there isn't much more of a defense I can put up other than this. There is no voting history to go off of (my votes have been for crayz and relantel) and posting patterns for this game have yet to be really established as it's still early.

I do, however, agree that there has to be a double voter out there so we should take a look at all who voted for relantel. There is a baddie there. I was accused of being said double voter but if I was, wouldn't there have been 2 votes for crayz on day 1?
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

slay pfidc

Although I've already said I can't get a read on redwill, but when he's good he's usually pretty on. It's day 3, and I really don't have much else.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

relantel - 13 count2infinity (1), Corvidae (2), pfidc (3), hockeynut! (4), crayz (5), mwb (6), WF (7), mikenike (8), canaan (9), NAN (10), IE (11), beerman (12), TW (13))

Someone not in blue is a baddie if there is indeed a double voter, which I think there is
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Also, crayz went out of his way to defend Corvidae on at least two separate occasions, when I suggested that Corvi might be a bad guy (or at the very least, a neutral not friendly to us). It seems as if everyone bought Corvi's alibi that the "mods" told him to act like that.....but does that make any sense? I know there have been some weird roles, but why would the mods tell Corvi to act weird on Day 1 only? Corvi is most definitely still on the hook for me.
2 things

1) As I said on yesterday, I have a interview today so I won't be around very much....tomorrow i'm back to normal and will be on more.

2) I didn't go out of the way to defend corvi? All I said was, if you remember last game...he was making similar type of posts and random votes (voted bhaw on day 1 then changed to someone else with no reason then changed again)... I've come to the impression that corvi is just weird - Not saying he couldn't be bad, but it is something that could be looked at later.

The PFIDC thing may carry some weight, not 100% sold after 2 days of voting, but its the best theory i've seen.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote: I do, however, agree that there has to be a double voter out there so we should take a look at all who voted for relantel. There is a baddie there. I was accused of being said double voter but if I was, wouldn't there have been 2 votes for crayz on day 1?
Not necessarily. The mods kept track of the physical count that was posted, and when it got to one less for relantal, that's when jays jumped in and said it reached the limit, even though there was only 13 (or something like that).

So for crayz, since no one else piled on, the count only showed 1, although if you were the double voter, the mods would be the only ones knowing it was 2.

Unless the vote for thg went too quick, and we reached the actual count via the board posting before the mods updated the count, the double voter wouldn't be in there. So they either have to be someone that didn't vote for thg (you are one of them), or they didn't vote at all and voted during the second round for relental. So it should be somewhat easy to get it narrowed down.

Now, that only works if like I said, the mods didn't jump in quick enough to end the count one less for thg.

And also, the question is, is the double voter a good guy or a bad guy?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

has tw voted yet?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Letang Is The Truth wrote:has tw voted yet?
iirc, he only had a couple posts when I was looking through the thread earlier... don't recall the content though. Mostly I was noting the people that had posted exactly once... but no one really seems to care much about that I suppose.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:And also, the question is, is the double voter a good guy or a bad guy?
This is what Ive been pondering as well
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

THG - 16 (tfrizz, canaan, the wicked child, count2infinity, newarenanow, shafnutz, crayz, beerman, irisheyes, slappybrown, MWB, redwill, mikenike, kicksave, troy loney, litt)

crayz - 1 (pfidc)
relantel - 13 count2infinity (1), Corvidae (2), pfidc (3), hockeynut! (4), crayz (5), mwb (6), WF (7), mikenike (8), canaan (9), NAN (10), IE (11), beerman (12), TW (13))
The people that voted for relantal that didn't for thg are:

Corvidae, pfidc, hockeynut!, wallflower and TW

So, assuming it isn't a every other night thing, or the timing with the mods is off, one of those people should be the double voter.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

the wicked child wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:has tw voted yet?
iirc, he only had a couple posts when I was looking through the thread earlier... don't recall the content though. Mostly I was noting the people that had posted exactly once... but no one really seems to care much about that I suppose.
well why i was wondering is tw was last vote on relantel as noted by pfidc. perhaps tw opened a package similar to corv that whenever he voted it ended it right there or his votes count for double that day only. i think we may be reading to much into this at the moment with a small N to base it on