The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Troy Loney »

i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

But then the 93.7 guys starting doing some skit where the guy with the weird voice was impersonating ben howland (he just used his weird voice) for his impression on tonights game....it took them too long to get beyond the weather differences and that john wooded is old...stupid and not funny, just let dve be funny guys, stick to the x's and o's. Which was cool yesterday when they were talking about some of the changes in Pitt's defensive philosophy this season.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

The fan plz use iheartradio or some other device so I can listen on my phone kthxbai
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

But then the 93.7 guys starting doing some skit where the guy with the weird voice was impersonating ben howland (he just used his weird voice) for his impression on tonights game....it took them too long to get beyond the weather differences and that john wooded is old...stupid and not funny, just let dve be funny guys, stick to the x's and o's. Which was cool yesterday when they were talking about some of the changes in Pitt's defensive philosophy this season.
I FELT THE EXACT SAME WAY.

I even sent a text in that said "Keep the skits to DVE. I'm listening because you guys aren't them."
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

There is no more boring radio than Jim Colony talking baseball. Barf. 93.7 the fan sucks.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

AlexPKeaton wrote:There is no more boring radio than Jim Colony talking baseball. Barf. 93.7 the fan sucks.
I can deal with the baseball as long as I don't have to hear.

STAN LOVE THE SHOW...HUR HUR HUR. STAN HUR HUR HUR more yinz picksburg jokes HUR HUR HUR

Sabboth

Rush

Van Halen

rinse repeat.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

AlexPKeaton wrote:Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.
Well you can't please everyone, I guess. :lol:
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

AlexPKeaton wrote:Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.
To each their own, but I disagree.... I love the morning show and Starkey'sshow is great
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Malkamaniac wrote:Sabboth
:face:
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Loaf31 wrote:
To each their own, but I disagree.... I love the morning show and Starkey'sshow is great
I don't mind jim colony really, he is just BORING. He talks in a monotone voice and has no strong opinions. That is boring radio.

Starkey is just enraging to listen to. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is 100% wrong. He will argue for 30 minutes that the sky is really gold because God is a yinzer because the stillers have 6 super bowls. And then he will try to argue that one player is better than another with vastly superior statistics because of "intangibles". With that kind of brilliant logic and debate skill he should have been a lawyer! I just really hate him. I wish he would be fired and then homeless under a bridge so I can point and laugh at him.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Ok this guy at night is wearing on me a little.

However the guy from 6pm-10pm is phenomenal and the 2pm-6pm and 6am-10am is light years better than what is available on the other channels.
The guy on from 6 to 10 -- if its the same guy I heard on Tuesday -- is awful.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:
Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Ok this guy at night is wearing on me a little.

However the guy from 6pm-10pm is phenomenal and the 2pm-6pm and 6am-10am is light years better than what is available on the other channels.
The guy on from 6 to 10 -- if its the same guy I heard on Tuesday -- is awful.

He comes off as trying to be edgy. It's really strange. I don't like him either.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

IronDukes37 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:He comes off as trying to be edgy. It's really strange. I don't like him either.
He was the Chris Mack of WFAN NYC before he got this job.
So what is his name?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Greg Gionatti? (sp?)
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

I FELT THE EXACT SAME WAY.

I even sent a text in that said "Keep the skits to DVE. I'm listening because you guys aren't them."
For what it's worth, Jon Burton did the Howland impression this morning. While it did kind of fall flat, back when he worked for WTAE, he used to call in to both ESPN Radio and DVE's morning show & do the same impressions. He's actually a lot funnier than that impression came off this morning. It might be a thing with him just getting his timing back. Burton also does a dead-on impression of Walt Harris that is absolutely hilarious...not quite as good as Steigy's Bryan Murray impression, but pretty close.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Stoosh wrote:For what it's worth, Jon Burton did the Howland impression this morning. While it did kind of fall flat, back when he worked for WTAE, he used to call in to both ESPN Radio and DVE's morning show & do the same impressions. He's actually a lot funnier than that impression came off this morning. It might be a thing with him just getting his timing back. Burton also does a dead-on impression of Walt Harris that is absolutely hilarious...not quite as good as Steigy's Bryan Murray impression, but pretty close.
(Does pertain really to the content of your post, Stoosh, but good to see you around here)
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

I am so sick of Tiger Woods. Working at a golf club, that is ALL I hear about.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Kicksave wrote:Who the **** is Dutch Wydo?
isnt he KillerChiuauia
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Twisted Wrister wrote:I am so sick of Tiger Woods. Working at a golf club, that is ALL I hear about.

And you really want to talk about figure skating.