WWE/WCW wars GAME THREAD!

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: WWE/WCW wars GAME THREAD!

Post by redwill »

One thing stands out to me in the first day's voting:

Zarovich's third vote on shafnutz and Malkamaniac's fourth vote on the same bandwagon.

Third and fourth votes on early bandwagons are perfect for baddies, I think. They know the person is not bad and can claim the vote was just a bandwagon one and give no reasons which might get them in trouble. They know they'll not draw attention to themselves by leading the charge and they won't be accused of late-jumping or piling on.

I think therefore that one of Zarovich or Malkamaniac is probably bad. Probably not both, since that would appear to be piling on. Which one to go for? Since Malkamaniac has posted only once (to vote fourth in the bandwagon), I'll go with

pin Malkamaniac
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

^ lol, is that for real?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

bhaw wrote:^ lol, is that for real?
Quite. I think it's an OK theory. You have something better?

Although,
redwill wrote:One thing stands out to me in the first day's voting:

Zarovich's third vote on shafnutz and Malkamaniac's fourth vote on the same bandwagon.
I guess that'd be two things.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

relantel wrote:
dagny wrote:Where are the rest of the people that are supposed to be playing?
Uh, the Pens game? :face:
Maybe, maybe not, but I didn't expect anyone on this board to infer that I would mean, where are they at this very second?

NAN and jays have not posted at all. canaan, only once.

It always seems to be the same group of us that are actively playing. Those guys give good input when they're into the game. I want to hear from them.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

dagny wrote:NAN and jays have not posted at all.

I want to hear from them.
thehockeyguru hasn't posted either. Do you want to hear from him? :lol:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:
dagny wrote:NAN and jays have not posted at all.

I want to hear from them.
thehockeyguru hasn't posted either. Do you want to hear from him? :lol:
lol... I almost included him, but figured he's probably trying to play opposite of what kept getting him killed early.

And, no. :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

dagny wrote:
relantel wrote:
dagny wrote:Where are the rest of the people that are supposed to be playing?
Uh, the Pens game? :face:
Maybe, maybe not, but I didn't expect anyone on this board to infer that I would mean, where are they at this very second?

NAN and jays have not posted at all. canaan, only once.

It always seems to be the same group of us that are actively playing. Those guys give good input when they're into the game. I want to hear from them.
i didnt work today (power outage sent us home at 9-ish...hopefully there is work tomorrow) and have been playing dragon age (and now watching the game). I know jays has been sans computer for the better part of a week.

I don't know what information i can possible give at this moment--it seems like the village is doing pretty good so far. :lol: its way too early to be giving any big time theories, imo--we've only have had 6 pages of game thread and the baddies are complete ruh-tards to this point.

like i said, hopefully i get to go to work tomorrow so i can focus on the important things in life--like this game.

if you all want to axe me, by all means, but I am no baddy.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Third and fourth votes on early bandwagons are perfect for baddies, I think. They know the person is not bad and can claim the vote was just a bandwagon one and give no reasons which might get them in trouble. They know they'll not draw attention to themselves by leading the charge and they won't be accused of late-jumping or piling on.

I think therefore that one of Zarovich or Malkamaniac is probably bad. Probably not both, since that would appear to be piling on. Which one to go for? Since Malkamaniac has posted only once (to vote fourth in the bandwagon), I'll go with

pin Malkamaniac
uh, what?

I need a pie chart :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

pin Malkamaniac
lol wow.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

pin redwill... grasping at straws
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

count2infinity wrote:pin redwill... grasping at straws
Isn't that what all of us are doing, at this point?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

dagny wrote:
count2infinity wrote:pin redwill... grasping at straws
Isn't that what all of us are doing, at this point?
yes...but take a second look...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

hmmm...that failed... big time

redwill

^ that's what i was going for...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

So it goes. Granted, it's a Day 2 theory, but I don't think I'm not reaching too far here.

Read the middle of page three when the shafnutz bandwagon got going. The jumps from Zarovich and Malkamaniac onto said bandwagon look for all the world like jumps from baddies (or at least one baddie). You can choose to mock me. You can choose to disagree. Or you can choose to think about wider strategy.

I was a baddie last game. We destroyed you goodies. I know the strategy. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

pin Malkamaniac
How would they know the person is not bad? There's two bad groups.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

count2infinity wrote:hmmm...that failed... big time

redwill

^ that's what i was going for...
:lol: :thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

redwill wrote:So it goes. Granted, it's a Day 2 theory, but I don't think I'm not reaching too far here.

Read the middle of page three when the shafnutz bandwagon got going. The jumps from Zarovich and Malkamaniac onto said bandwagon look for all the world like jumps from baddies (or at least one baddie). You can choose to mock me. You can choose to disagree. Or you can choose to think about wider strategy.

I was a baddie last game. We destroyed you goodies. I know the strategy. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.

This is what I enjoy. The only thing you've done here could go for the same as everyone couldn't it on day one?

Oh so and so voted 1 and 2. They must be bad.

Person 7 and 8 did it back to back they must be bad lol.

So first day went from bandwagon, to random.org, to not allowed to do anything to strategy? You've got to be joking.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

redwill wrote:So it goes. Granted, it's a Day 2 theory, but I don't think I'm not reaching too far here.
Double-negative typo. Should of course read:

"So it goes. Granted, it's a Day 2 theory, but I don't think I'm reaching too far here."
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:
Double-negative typo. Should of course read:

"So it goes. Granted, it's a Day 2 theory, but I don't think I'm reaching too far here."
Yes, I experienced a double-negative twitch when I first read it. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:How would they know the person is not bad? There's two bad groups.
That's actually true, isn't it? I forgot about the two groups.

So it means that they know the person is not a baddie in their group.

It also means that Zaro and Malka could both be baddies, but from different groups...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
This is what I enjoy. The only thing you've done here could go for the same as everyone couldn't it on day one?

So first day went from bandwagon, to random.org, to not allowed to do anything to strategy? You've got to be joking.
I agree. I would say any vote between 3 and 9 could be considered a "trying to fit in" vote. Vote 1... starting a bandwagon. Vote 2, jumping on quickly. Last votes, jumping on the finish off. Right now I think it's very hard to say anything about vote patterns.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Malkamaniac wrote:This is what I enjoy. The only thing you've done here could go for the same as everyone couldn't it on day one?

I didn't say anything like this. I said third and fourth votes on a bandwagon are great cover for baddies. I know you won't agree, but it's a good theory.
Malkamaniac wrote:You've got to be joking.
I'm not joking. If I were joking, I'd say "What do you do with an elephant with three balls? ... Walk him and pitch to the rhino."
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

The theory redwill is posting is direct from the mafiawiki site. I'm not saying it is or isnt accurate this game, but that's where its from.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've really got to read this site.
Either way, I'm going to bed. Hopefully I can make it into work tomorrow.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

What I'm more amazed at this point is it's technically day two and you basically can't do anything in these games any more. The last time I was voted off, was because I spoke up and voted first. Now, my name comes into question because I voted in the middle? I think from now on, I'm just gonna fly by like the people who don't say crap until day 6-7. It seems to work for them.

/rant. Gnight.