History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by redwill »

wallflower wrote:And, no offense, redwill but your complaints kind of come off as sour grapes after the fact. If the voices from the dead hadn't said to kill you, I doubt you'd be so against them now.
Do bhaw's complaints also come off as sour grapes? He benefited from them, yet he knows it's a dumb idea.

Nevermind that. Why are you commenting here? Play the damn game if you want to play the damn game.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

:shock:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

i just think the voices thing is too much going on.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

redwill wrote:
wallflower wrote:And, no offense, redwill but your complaints kind of come off as sour grapes after the fact. If the voices from the dead hadn't said to kill you, I doubt you'd be so against them now.
Do bhaw's complaints also come off as sour grapes? He benefited from them, yet he knows it's a dumb idea.

Nevermind that. Why are you commenting here? Play the damn game if you want to play the damn game.
:roll:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

mac5155 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:I'd like to know who TW was going to kill before we offed him. I really want to wait and see if he's shoot bhaw.
he was gonna kill IE when you blocked and killed him
Close call then. We knew the vig was either him or crayz.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

bhaw wrote:i just think the voices thing is too much going on.
its a PITA for the mods no doubt.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill wrote:

God forbid people stay interested when they are either killed off or just too burnt out to actually play in the game. :roll:

I don't really understand the big deal about the voices of the dead. I don't care either way. Personally, I wouldn't listen to them. If they're in the game...whatever. If they're not...whatever.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

The voices, I imaged was more for "hey, notice ___!" And maybe people would notice something odd and it would help or hurt. But in reality it seems to be either a direct request to kill someone or nonsense.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

oh BTW, the one about using smilies is like texting.. anyone wanna guess who that one was from? :pop:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

jaysmiter wrote:God forbid people stay interested when they are either killed off or just too burnt out to actually play in the game. :roll:
I just get a bit upset when people who don't bother to play the game have the unmitigated gall to proudly and loudly sit in judgment of those who do.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

mac5155 wrote:oh BTW, the one about using smilies is like texting.. anyone wanna guess who that one was from? :pop:
I don't remember that one, but it must be our boy Azkar.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thg
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

redwill wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:God forbid people stay interested when they are either killed off or just too burnt out to actually play in the game. :roll:
I just get a bit upset when people who don't bother to play the game have the unmitigated gall to proudly and loudly sit in judgment of those who do.
I died and things suddenly became much more clear to me. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Ha!

Awesome game guys. Great job mafia! And great job mods.

A few things on my end:

1) I was seriously too busy to participate. I would have been fine being a regular villager, but all the back and forth with the mafia, it was just to much work for right now. And then I f'd up my eye and was home for a day or two. But I still followed.

2) That comment at the beginning of the game the "this blows we lost our seer" was seriously innocent. I turned on my computer at work and saw canaan was dead, and I usually just post that it sucks when the village loses a role player. I honestly thought he was the seer and there was no difference between a COP and a DEPUTY. I need to pay more attention.

Redwill logged on and said in our PMs that I was going to be in trouble. I said I typically do that and thought no one would even think anything of it, because there really wasn't anything behind it (I wasn't trying to get any night info, that would be a dumb move on a mafia player). But what do you know, it came back to haunt me.

3) When I did reveal myself as bad, I asked my mafia buddies if they'd be fine with it, and thought it may have people focus on that for the next few days. Don't know if that worked or not.

4) Was just laughing the whole time from the mid point on. Three of the mafia guys (Corvidae, PFIDC, and Relantal) really had no significant ever on them the entire game. It is true, when you step back out of the game, things are a lot clearer. (Even clearer for me this time as I knew the mafia!)

5) I do hate the dead talking. A lot of dead talk in PMs, I know I do. And I almost wanted to kill mac when he posted the second dead message saying to kill redwill. I thought that was affecting the game too much.

6) I hate being a mafia member.

Overall had fun. Things should slow down for me at work in about a week or so. Can't wait to play again!
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill wrote:
Sit in judgment? All she said was she thought you had some sour grapes because the "voices" were the "reason" you got killed (even though, it really was dummies listening to the voice). I'd hardly call that judgment. I think you're being a bit overly sensitive about it.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

i can't wait to be a good RP. i've only been a baddie.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Kicksave wrote:i can't wait to be a good RP. i've only been a baddie.
i can't wait to be an RP period...
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Not true. In JI I you were the Post Monster. bhaw took that role for this one along with his Seer duties.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Corvidae wrote:
Not true. In JI I you were the Post Monster. bhaw took that role for this one along with his Seer duties.
:lol:
How many posts did he have? Wasn't over 300. That's impressive considering this thread was half of JWI
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i think that if the vig kills three bad peopel in a row he becomes 'on fire' a la nba jam and can then just keep killing people
That would be great.

Nice job mafia.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:
redwill wrote:
Sit in judgment? All she said was she thought you had some sour grapes because the "voices" were the "reason" you got killed (even though, it really was dummies listening to the voice). I'd hardly call that judgment. I think you're being a bit overly sensitive about it.
Pretty much. But everyone knows how I am, I'm such a judgmental person. :roll:

IMO, redwill complaining about the voices from the dead would be the equivalent of me complaining about how pie charts shouldn't be allowed after SW I (which, I didn't, by the way). Where were the complaints about the voices from the dead before the game?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

jaysmiter wrote:I think you're being a bit overly sensitive about it.
You're probably right. Gosh.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:
redwill wrote:The "Voices from the Dead" should stop. It was cute enough for a while, but it seriously affected this game.

The "Dead" are under none of the restrictions that the players are. wallflower has indicated that she was in contact with jaysmiter discussing the game, and wf wasn't even a player. I'm quite sure many of the other Dead were discussing it as well. It's not fair to the living (town or mafia) that they can be called out by a cabal of the dead. (That sounds impressive, huh?)
well did you notice, towards the end they did stop. or at least from me.
yeah, I never cared too much for the idea, the only one I ever posted was the one at the very end with the flip flop but at that point it didn't mean anything
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

BTW, npv, I'm still waiting for you to vote for yourself :pop:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

MWB wrote:BTW, npv, I'm still waiting for you to vote for yourself :pop:
:lol:

I thought would've been a great play if he had been mafia - people always say they'll vote for themselves if they're wrong but they (and the village) never follow through on it.