History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by Zarovich »

crayz wrote:so....do we take IE in hopes it doesn't block bhaw then?

unlynch bhaw

lynch ie
taking out ie removes the deputy from the mafia. bhaw said he reread the pm and said ie was the town roleblocker but then was converted to mafia deputy. killing ie won't keep them from blocking him. it seems they already have a role blocker and the mods changed it so they wouldn't have 2.

if we believe bhaw
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Other than trying to figure out the paragraph, yes. And if you want complete info, i tried to research ks on night 1 and jaysmiter on night 3.

IE is the bad deputy.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

bhaw wrote:Other than trying to figure out the paragraph, yes. And if you want complete info, i tried to research ks on night 1 and jaysmiter on night 3.

IE is the bad deputy.
This was to the last post on the last page.

I'm sad no one liked my song.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PensFanInDC wrote:Actually...

worst case scenario really is bhaw is mafia and IE is good and we lose a villager and the mafia kills again tonight before we can lynch bhaw (which we WILL DO if IE is good) tomorrow.

I think im leaning towards bhaw being good.
yes, that would be worst case, but IE is definitely bad. I am the sheriff and they turned her into a deputy.

(I'm actually the cop, but that doesn't fit the song)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

lynching me just to prove that 2 others (when it's really only 1) are mafia doesn't make sense. If you take me out then the mafia takes a villager, you lose 2 good players then you finally take out IE.

If you take out ie, the mafia either kills me or just blocks me and takes out another villager, then you're only down 1 and we can look at another vote.

Killing me only makes the next day vote easier, but this one is in the bag. Don't give the mafia a free kill. if anyone wants more details that they think would help prove my role, just ask.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

hey, you know what would help the village? Lynching a mafia. You know who's mafia?

IE.

come on ride the train... the lynch IE train.

[youtube][/youtube]
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

relax bhaw... everyone's watching the pens game...
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

count2infinity wrote:relax bhaw... everyone's watching the pens game...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Zarovich wrote:
count2infinity wrote:relax bhaw... everyone's watching the pens game...
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

lol
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm gonna sleep on it. see yinz in the am
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

wtf

no clue what is going on? WHy do you think bhaw is clear now zaro?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:wtf

no clue what is going on? WHy do you think bhaw is clear now zaro?
prob b/c he's mafia too and knows that if the bhaw vote doesn't go, he's on the list :pop:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I'm going to throw this out before I go to bed too...

Maybe the reason I'm still around is because I nailed a bunch of the mafia and it seems like as long as I'm here, either I'm suspect or whoever I vote for is suspect. If I die, I show up as being the cop, and all the mafia start getting voted out if you follow my hunches (which typically happens in this scenario).

I'm out for the rest of the night and get up later than you all again.

IE is definitely bad. Don't over think it. The simplest explanation is usually the best: bhaw is good like he says he is. Lots of people suspected IE, and rightfully so... she is bad.

After that, I think Zaro has to be suspect. Cup keeper is suspect.

Troy or relantel seem like they are the last one.

crayz is good.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Here are bhaw's three posts about what he found out when he investigated ie.
bhaw wrote:
bhaw wrote:IE is bad.
Yes... write up isn't in but I asked last round if I could talk before the write up and they told me to go ahead... I didn't for specific reasons, but this time.

She's the role blocker (and the convert).
bhaw wrote:lynch ie

just got home. she's bad. according to my pm, she was the town role blocker and was converted. I'm not going to fight with people this round. It's cut and dry. The only way the mafia could clear IE from getting killed today after I was able to bring out the info at night was to leave me alive.

DO NOT TRUST ZARO!
bhaw wrote:hmm, ok... I didn't notice this... IE was the town role blocker was converted to the mafia DEPUTY. i didn't even think that that means she's not the role blocker... she's the new seer.
There is no mention of ie becoming the deputy in the first two posts. IE becoming the deputy is even more important than the fact that she is mafia. That should have been the first thing bhaw told us about his investigation.

I'd also like to bring up the fact that a roleblocker for the town is a useless role if that person can't communicate with the cop. A roleblocker is useful with communication and working in tandem. For example, if the cop and roleblocker are working together the cop finds mafia the roleblocker blocks them. This would also work if the roleblocker were teamed with the vig. The roleblocker blocks the person who the vig kills on a given night.

If we go after ie and best case scenario she is mafia, it still doesn't clear bhaw. She has been inactive and attention was going to go her way this day phase regardless of what bhaw told us he found with his most recent investigation. It's a calculated move for bhaw to gain trust and lead the mafia to victory.

I'm going to stand by statement from before that I'd rather lose because I voted out the cop then lose because I blindly let a mafia tell me what to do.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm trusting bhaw right now.

Either way IE should be gone. If we lynch IE, and she's red, the rest of the game should be more straightforward with who to go after...

lynch IE
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote: I'm going to stand by statement from before that I'd rather lose because I voted out the cop then lose because I blindly let a mafia tell me what to do.
I'd rather... you know... win.

It's actually getting funny now b/c the mafia keeps setting things up in a pattern. They want the village to vote me out b/c there's a distinct possibility they can't kill me. So they come out trying to get votes for me. When they realize that not everyone buys that I'm bad, they start backing off and setting up the next day. "If bhaw does ____, it doesn't make him good..." Seriously, the pattern has held true with certain people every time so far. Don't let the mafia sway your vote with this silliness. Take notice of the people who only want to focus on me.

I already said, I was in a bit of a rush and missed the deputy part. I just saw "role blocker" and "converted" and got excited that I may have given us a huge advantage b/c the role blocker is gone. Yeah, I messed that up, but at least I figured it out before anything of consequence happened (what's it even matter? IE is bad... what possible explanation is there to keep her around regardless of her role?).

I fail to see how it would be a good strategy for the mafia, when they were clearly in control and had votes all over the place, to suddenly start giving out names of their own. Yeah, let's make the odds worse going forward... brilliant! And even better, let's knock off someone like IE who wasn't getting any votes, just lip service (giggity).

If people can't see that the same group keeps voting for me then setting me up for "ZOMG! Even if bhaw is right you can't trust him," go back and read again. It's the same group of people.

Want to clear some confusion? Lynch IE. If she's good, bhaw is obviously bad. If she's bad, it doesn't clear me, but hey, you guys got another bad guy. If you really think that someone like cup keeper, who is holding to this pattern of pushing for me, backing off, then setting the table, go ahead and vote for me... I also find it odd that cup keeper blindly trusts zaro's vote... someone who has already made up a cop story once when it serves no good purpose to the village to say "I'm the cop, tehehehe..." then 2 hours later "oh, no one believed me or came out against me? nevermind!"
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Lastly, I'd like you all to realize that I've never told you all to trust me once. Meanwhile Zaro and cup keeper keep asking for your trust because they "KNOW" npv or bhaw or whoever else is bad. They keep pointing out why you can't trust me... I know why I can't be trusted until I die or point out and kill the final bad guy. I'm not saying "If IE is bad, you HAVE to trust me." I wouldn't blindly trust someone in the same position. But, I'm either lying about IE (in which case it's obvious what to do with me) or I'm telling the truth and WORST case scenario is that I, as a mafia, GAVE you another bad guy to help the odds. Take what you can get in this game! None of this is set up for you all to trust me (I've distinctly said over and over and over to go back and form your own opinion instead of me quoting things out of context and proclaiming I've made a breakthrough that you all should follow). I'm helping until I can't anymore.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

bhaw wrote:Take notice of the people who only want to focus on me.
What I meant by this is that the people who are likely mafia are going to try and make you feel like you only have 2 options: trust bhaw and vote with him or don't trust bhaw and vote against him (you can see people who are doing that). You have a 3rd option: make your own decision, which could include voting with me, voting for me, or voting for someone else.

This part I can tell you is true from being bad... bad guys like to narrow down your choices so that you feel like if you mess up, you've either voted with or against a bad guy and then they frame their case against you based on that.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

bhaw wrote:
bhaw wrote:Take notice of the people who only want to focus on me.
What I meant by this is that the people who are likely mafia are going to try and make you feel like you only have 2 options: trust bhaw and vote with him or don't trust bhaw and vote against him (you can see people who are doing that). You have a 3rd option: make your own decision, which could include voting with me, voting for me, or voting for someone else.

This part I can tell you is true from being bad... bad guys like to narrow down your choices so that you feel like if you mess up, you've either voted with or against a bad guy and then they frame their case against you based on that.
This is the first round I voted your name and you keep changing what you know. I think that is a good enough reason to be suspect of you.

ynch npv

I think cupkeeper is bad if bhaw is good from the early vote. crayz may also be bad if he is the godfather. I thought npv was bad way early in the game.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

lynch npv

typo fail
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch IE

The only other option i to lynch bhaw....the numbers are too low to go after npv right now...if ie is good than bhaw is bad....so thats one for two at the worst
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

bhaw wrote: They want the village to vote me out b/c there's a distinct possibility they can't kill me. So they come out trying to get votes for me.
care to elaborate?

also, if bhaw is our last RP, then getting rid of IE (mafia seer essentially) is sort of a dumb move. why not hold onto her until it gets down to say 4-3 village:mafia?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

IE - 4 - bhaw, crayz, npv, troy
bhaw - 1 - cupkeeper
npv - 1 - zaro

7 to lynch
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

count2infinity wrote:
bhaw wrote: They want the village to vote me out b/c there's a distinct possibility they can't kill me. So they come out trying to get votes for me.
care to elaborate?

also, if bhaw is our last RP, then getting rid of IE (mafia seer essentially) is sort of a dumb move. why not hold onto her until it gets down to say 4-3 village:mafia?
Cause we really don't know that...at this point we have to pretty much kill ie & bhaw. one of them is bad and one isn't.