History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:I'm kinda torn though atm. On one hand, I am extremely suspicious of pfidc for a couple reasons.

1. He went after LITT extremely hard after he voted for bhaw
2. His reaction to the conversion seemed a bit OTT to me.

But here's the thing... I am getting very weird vibes from Troy Loney. Earlier in the game, myself and tfrizz both cast a vote for him and he pretty much freaked out. When NAN turned up red, however, I let it go because the vote that originally felt "off" to me was for NAN.

He has conversed with bhaw a lot the past couple days, but it never really felt genuine to me... just a feeling I have. Similarly, he has been acting a bit too friendly toward my cause for my liking. After reading through the thread, I am convinced bhaw is either painting a Picasso or I have lost my mind... but I really don't expect anyone else to agree with me on the first part of that. ;)

Conclusion... not changing my vote right now, but I am wary.
Here it seems like he's starting to back track since the bhaw vote didn't turn out as he had hoped. And when I do die, at least now he can say "I started to believe him. I just messed up."
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Slappy, you just blew my mind.

It would not surprise me if both cup keeper and TWC are baddies. Excellent research my friend!

lynch twc
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I am pretty sure that TWC is a bad guy. Like I said, the first 20 or so pages are the most important as we get further and further into the game. Him getting into an argument with bhaw this past weekend carries less weight with me than what happened in the earlier stages.

Listening to bhaw is obviously a risk since (1) he could be lying or (2) he could be the convert. I doubt he is lying, since the real cop probably would have come out with the real info. Number two is a risk, but given that bhaw has wanted to vote for twc, I doubt he would push him so much if he was now a baddie. Voting twc gives us more information as to bhaw as well.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

3 – the wicked child (Twisted Wrister, slappy, pfidc)
2 – npv708 (Zarovich, cup keeper)
1 – cup keeper (bhaw)
1 – PensFanInDC (the wicked child)
1 – Zarovich (Corvidae)

finally got my work computer back up and running, I think this is correct
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

slappybrown wrote:I am pretty sure that TWC is a bad guy. Like I said, the first 20 or so pages are the most important as we get further and further into the game. Him getting into an argument with bhaw this past weekend carries less weight with me than what happened in the earlier stages.

Listening to bhaw is obviously a risk since (1) he could be lying or (2) he could be the convert. I doubt he is lying, since the real cop probably would have come out with the real info. Number two is a risk, but given that bhaw has wanted to vote for twc, I doubt he would push him so much if he was now a baddie. Voting twc gives us more information as to bhaw as well.

Bhaw has been after twc for a while now...i just think that going after twc enhances the potential danger of trusting bhaw...i'd rather let the bhaw truth reveal itself and not force the issue now...so basically just ignore him...thats why i don't want to go after bhaw. if the baddies we're threatned by him they'd have killed him, they wouldn't let him live then try to lynch him....i think that the only way twc is bad is if bhaw is bad (i know that doesn't make sense, but i think the fight they're having might be a way for one of them to gain the villages trust).

so thats why i still want to go another direction.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:
slappybrown wrote:I am pretty sure that TWC is a bad guy. Like I said, the first 20 or so pages are the most important as we get further and further into the game. Him getting into an argument with bhaw this past weekend carries less weight with me than what happened in the earlier stages.

Bhaw has been after twc for a while now...i just think that going after twc enhances the potential danger of trusting bhaw...i'd rather let the bhaw truth reveal itself and not force the issue now...so basically just ignore him...thats why i don't want to go after bhaw. if the baddies we're threatned by him they'd have killed him, they wouldn't let him live then try to lynch him....i think that the only way twc is bad is if bhaw is bad (i know that doesn't make sense, but i think the fight they're having might be a way for one of them to gain the villages trust).

so thats why i still want to go another direction.
Well, I havent voted for twc yet despite bhaw wanting to vote him off.

I am voting for twc because of what I posted and what I found in my own review. I started with a blank slate, and some of the things I initially copied and pasted about other possible suspects were deleted when I continued to review. TWC seems to be bad to me, so he is my vote, regardless of what bhaw does.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

btw... I just added on the Fast Fox add on for Firefox. It's awesome for this board. As you scroll down to get to the end of a page, it automatically loads the next page below it. :thumb: No clicking back and forth between pages.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I am voting for twc because of what I posted and what I found in my own review. I started with a blank slate, and some of the things I initially copied and pasted about other possible suspects were deleted when I continued to review. TWC seems to be bad to me, so he is my vote, regardless of what bhaw does.
I just don't think bhaw can really help us anymore even if he is a good guy...so i just the marginal benefit he provides from being goodis far less than the marginal deficit he provides from being bad. basically i don't think he can help us if he's good because he's only a seer and apparantly gets blocked all the time.

but if he's bad and we keep killing people he knows are good we are screwed.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Troy Loney wrote:unlynch npv

One or both of Bhaw and zarovich know something this vote....i think that i want to go another direction on this one.
I am going on what my gut tells me and it tells me npv is red.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
I just don't think bhaw can really help us anymore even if he is a good guy...so i just the marginal benefit he provides from being goodis far less than the marginal deficit he provides from being bad. basically i don't think he can help us if he's good because he's only a seer and apparantly gets blocked all the time.

I've said this many times. Slappy is saying he arrived at his thoughts independently. To totally discredit anyone on my list doesn't make much sense either.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Zarovich wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:unlynch npv

One or both of Bhaw and zarovich know something this vote....i think that i want to go another direction on this one.
I am going on what my gut tells me and it tells me npv is red.
You may be right. There are 4 baddies left (started with 5 +1 recruit. Lost NAN and Redwill and gained a recruit). My list is:

TWC
Cupkeeper
npv

I dont have a fix on the 4th.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Something to chew on.

I am blue. If you vote me off it is 8-4. When the mafia and assassin both likely kill blue or greens tonight it will be 6-4.

If you have to vote me off to prove it go ahead. I have more than enought to keep me busy at work today so I'm not going to be keeping up very well.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:

I.Am.Voting.For.TWC.Because.I(slappybrown).Think.He.Is.Bad.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

slappybrown wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I.Am.Voting.For.TWC.Because.I(slappybrown).Think.He.Is.Bad.
I like your style.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch twc

I just find that the questions i'm trying to impose aren't being addressed...so i just don't want to exert any more effort on this vote.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

the wicked child wrote:Something to chew on.

I am blue. If you vote me off it is 8-4. When the mafia and assassin both likely kill blue or greens tonight it will be 6-4.

If you have to vote me off to prove it go ahead. I have more than enought to keep me busy at work today so I'm not going to be keeping up very well.
This strikes me as an odd post. After we vote, the assassin has a 4 in 11 chance of getting a bad guy. Decent odds to me. Unless the vig was converted, I think there is a decent chance of plugging a bad guy.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:lynch twc

I just find that the questions i'm trying to impose aren't being addressed...so i just don't want to exert any more effort on this vote.
You are concerned that bhaw might be bad. I agree with you. I dont know if he is good or bad. But I went through and read and this is the conclusion I came to. I dont know how I can answer the question you have with respect to bhaw. What do you want me to say? That I wont vote for anyone on his list, even if my own analysis leads to believe I should?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Back to work for me...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Zarovich wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Something to chew on.

This strikes me as an odd post. After we vote, the assassin has a 4 in 11 chance of getting a bad guy. Decent odds to me. Unless the vig was converted, I think there is a decent chance of plugging a bad guy.
%36 chance. Not too shabby considering. It's 1 in 3. It's not a MUST but its crucial the vig hits mafia tonight. 6-4 is not good.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Is there a time limit for today?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

1. count2infinity - Benedict Arnold
2. slappybrown - Helen Herron Taft
3. npv708 - Aaron Burr
4. IrishEyes - Calamity Jane
5. Troy Loney - JP Morgan
7. relantel - John Adams
9. Twisted Wrister - John F. Kennedy
10. Zarovich - Ben Franklin
12. crayz - Henry Ford
15. Corvidae - Richard Nixon
19. bhaw - Jesse James
20. cupkeeper - Robert Morris
22. PensFanInDC - George Patton
26. the wicked child - George Washington

corvi, irish eyes, twisted wrister, relentel... haven't heard anything from you guys.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Trying to catch up while doing work...not easy today.

Sorted by author and bhaw has like 10 pages of posts (so thats like...250 posts or something crazy)? damn man!

At this point....i'm thinking maybe IE or TL. According to my earlier tracking, both were mid-late jumpers on original band wagon, but were the first to jump off of him....and then i believe neither voted for him the 2nd time.

thoughts?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

c2i, I'm in thread and catching up. You guys have been busy.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz wrote:Trying to catch up while doing work...not easy today.

Sorted by author and bhaw has like 10 pages of posts (so thats like...250 posts or something crazy)? damn man!

At this point....i'm thinking maybe IE or TL. According to my earlier tracking, both were mid-late jumpers on original band wagon, but were the first to jump off of him....and then i believe neither voted for him the 2nd time.

thoughts?
by him you mean nan?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

relantel wrote:c2i, I'm in thread and catching up. You guys have been busy.
ok...no problem. just making sure you 4 have a pulse :wink: :lol: