Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by Troy Loney »

unlynch pfidc

lynch npv

He had votes for nan & redwill, but with 5-6 mafia guys they can vote for each other and lose a couple, no big deal...plus the major shift in play since the mwb vote is fishy...he's trying to stay low.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

just to be sure here... unlynch twc ... for now
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm kinda torn though atm. On one hand, I am extremely suspicious of pfidc for a couple reasons.

1. He went after LITT extremely hard after he voted for bhaw
2. His reaction to the conversion seemed a bit OTT to me.

But here's the thing... I am getting very weird vibes from Troy Loney. Earlier in the game, myself and tfrizz both cast a vote for him and he pretty much freaked out. When NAN turned up red, however, I let it go because the vote that originally felt "off" to me was for NAN.

He has conversed with bhaw a lot the past couple days, but it never really felt genuine to me... just a feeling I have. Similarly, he has been acting a bit too friendly toward my cause for my liking. After reading through the thread, I am convinced bhaw is either painting a Picasso or I have lost my mind... but I really don't expect anyone else to agree with me on the first part of that. ;)

Conclusion... not changing my vote right now, but I am wary.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

here's why i'm wary of the npv vote... just out of nowhere these people are voting for him and say that it was because of the things he did very early in the game. i was on him very early in the game and everyone seemed to just shrug it off, so i didn't persue as i thought my reasoning wasn't good enough, now out of nowhere (might i add, after i post that i hadn't picked out any baddies, but the only two that i had a hunch about were npv and corvi) people are coming out of the woodwork to vote for him. don't like it one bit.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:I'm kinda torn though atm. On one hand, I am extremely suspicious of pfidc for a couple reasons.

1. He went after LITT extremely hard after he voted for bhaw
2. His reaction to the conversion seemed a bit OTT to me.

But here's the thing... I am getting very weird vibes from Troy Loney. Earlier in the game, myself and tfrizz both cast a vote for him and he pretty much freaked out. When NAN turned up red, however, I let it go because the vote that originally felt "off" to me was for NAN.

He has conversed with bhaw a lot the past couple days, but it never really felt genuine to me... just a feeling I have. Similarly, he has been acting a bit too friendly toward my cause for my liking. After reading through the thread, I am convinced bhaw is either painting a Picasso or I have lost my mind... but I really don't expect anyone else to agree with me on the first part of that. ;)

Conclusion... not changing my vote right now, but I am wary.
I'm agreeing with you because from reading your posts this weekend after bhaw survived the night, i find that they mimic my reaction. All i know is that i'm one of the remaining regular villagers and i know how i responded to the bhaw ordeal and i believe thats how any player who's in the dark would react in the same manner.

If you want to think i'm buddying up to you thats fine...but i'm just looking for people who i can trust and who are coming at this thing the same way as me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Note I didn't vote for you Troy. I was interested in seeing your reaction.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Just logging in for the first time to see whats been said....however, I am getting ready for work and won't be back to finish reading/post for another 45min to an hour.

sorry :(
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:Note I didn't vote for you Troy. I was interested in seeing your reaction.

is that what you were looking for?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:is that what you were looking for?
Pretty much.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

npv708 wrote:Also...cup keeper, are you honestly trying to pull something from my very first vote of the game, going after someone for who they picked, which is completely unrelated to their affiliation? Are you trying to tell me your vote from the first day was extremely well thought out?
Votes on day 1 and 2 are the most important.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I really need to get online during the weekends when Im playing this game....

Looks like I need to defend my LITT vote. My reasoning was very clear (or so I thought). There was an active player that COMPLETELY changed his posting habits immediately after a conversion. This game is all about how/what/when you post so it's not weird that the change in posting habits raised a red flag. I also changed my vote OFF of LITT so it's not like I even pushed that hard. I stated my reasons and voted for who I felt was mafia at the time.

If you want to lynch me for playing the game the best I know, whatever. Accusing someone who votes and gives a solid reason as I did is what is odd.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

As for my vote today....I have no freaking idea. I have a couple of inklings but I also don't know if I have any evidence that is concrete enough to make a vote yet. This is a crucial stage of the game for us and has been the turning point in the last few games (if I remember correctly).
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Here you go mac/beerman...

Vote Count

Code: Select all

3 – npv708 (Zarovich, cup keeper, Troy Loney)
1 – cup keeper (bhaw)
1 – PensFanInDC (the wicked child)
1 – the wicked child (Twisted Wrister)
1 – Zarovich (Corvidae)
Have Not Voted

Code: Select all

count2infinity, crayz, IrishEyes, npv708, PensFanInDC, relantel, slappybrown
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

count2infinity wrote:here's why i'm wary of the npv vote... just out of nowhere these people are voting for him and say that it was because of the things he did very early in the game. i was on him very early in the game and everyone seemed to just shrug it off, so i didn't persue as i thought my reasoning wasn't good enough, now out of nowhere (might i add, after i post that i hadn't picked out any baddies, but the only two that i had a hunch about were npv and corvi) people are coming out of the woodwork to vote for him. don't like it one bit.

Why do you think he made a big stink about the mwb thing, then when he realized people we're going to ignore his gaff and ridicuolous statements he just zipped his lips and stayed pretty neutral.

We need to draw him back into the game and see what his deal is.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:
count2infinity wrote:here's why i'm wary of the npv vote... just out of nowhere these people are voting for him and say that it was because of the things he did very early in the game. i was on him very early in the game and everyone seemed to just shrug it off, so i didn't persue as i thought my reasoning wasn't good enough, now out of nowhere (might i add, after i post that i hadn't picked out any baddies, but the only two that i had a hunch about were npv and corvi) people are coming out of the woodwork to vote for him. don't like it one bit.

Why do you think he made a big stink about the mwb thing, then when he realized people we're going to ignore his gaff and ridicuolous statements he just zipped his lips and stayed pretty neutral.

That's what I was thinking too. It's also why I've held off on voting for now.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. It's also why I've held off on voting for now.
His deal is he is red. I want to vote him out.

I'm not afraid to put myself out and go after who I think is red. The mafia killing me at night protects our 2 remaining role players. Let's get some bad guys.

Who is with me?!?!
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm down with an npv vote (as i have been since page 20ish...), i also think just before i put out my case against npv zaro was also on him.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

3 of the people I am suspicious of are voting for NPV... no way in hell I'm changing over to him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unlynch npv

One or both of Bhaw and zarovich know something this vote....i think that i want to go another direction on this one.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Zarovich wrote:
His deal is he is red. I want to vote him out.

I'm not afraid to put myself out and go after who I think is red. The mafia killing me at night protects our 2 remaining role players. Let's get some bad guys.

Who is with me?!?!
Why would the mafia kill you?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

bhaw wrote:3 of the people I am suspicious of are voting for NPV... no way in hell I'm changing over to him.
The only people voting are people you are suspicious of right now. Where is everybody?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:lynch cupkeeper
This is the first time NAN was up and he was a couple votes away (top of pg. 9). Random vote or trying to help a baddie by building a record for him? No one had voted or even mentioned cupkeeper.

This next one is a classic baddie post. Willing to vote for a baddie without actually doing it in NAN, but simultaneously fingering two other people (thats what she said).
the wicked child wrote:To further expand upon my earlier suspicions... Troy Loney has all of 4 posts, one was this... his first post in the thread, btw:
Troy Loney wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
Honestly, I don't care if you are town or a bad guy...if you talk about anything worthwhile at night, you deserve to go the very next day.
I think the only way to end the talking at night is to self regulate....

lynch nan
Jumped onto that a bit to easily for my liking.

Then there is Twisted Wrister. All of his posts lined up feel "off" to me, but this is the flag for me:
Twisted Wrister wrote:Well, the chances of getting another Good RP are not as good. Lets hope for a Red Guy.

Lynch NAN
No sir, I don't like it.

Coincidentally, these are both votes against NAN. If they are bad, does that clear NAN? Maybe, maybe not. Here is the post of NAN's that I found slightly odd:
newarenanow wrote:I wouldn't go after Senka just yet. He usually will jump in soon and post away. He's another one that will be more help than bad later. But if he is still quiet in a few days, then definitely go after him.

Again, if I'm around and you guys still have questions about me, then go ahead and get rid of me in a few days.
"Keep me around for now, then vote for me later"... eh, I dunno. I'm not ready to vote against NAN just yet, but I have my eye on him.
the wicked child wrote:I doubt the dead got any smarter than they were last game. Not jumping on the rw bandwagon based on that.
Reluctant to listen to voices pushing redwill.

Two minutes later, realizes that WHOOPS that will look bad later, better qualify that statement:
the wicked child wrote:To elaborate, doesn't mean I won't vote for rw, but it will not be because a corpse said to.
NAN also throws out the vote building type vote here for redwill (which supports the chance that maybe he did it with cupkeeper as I posted above).
newarenanow wrote:I could be down with voting for redwill. To me, dead people or bystanders see some things people playing don't.

Plus the train is rolling already. I don't like switching votes this early. It only causes confusion and trouble.

lynch redwill
lynch twc
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

That is interesting slappy...

i just have one question and this is assuming that bhaw is telling the truth and the baddies let him live assuming that he'd get lynched today.

what do you think about TWC's huge attack on bhaw on saturday...very thorough attack...i can't imagine the baddies putting themselves out there like trying to get bhaw lynched, especially when bhaw dies exposing his identity...that just seems suicidal for the baddies...assuming bhaw is the cop that is.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

^ that is all the same stuff I was referring to earlier (there's still more out there too). Glad someone actually went back and read it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:That is interesting slappy...

i just have one question and this is assuming that bhaw is telling the truth and the baddies let him live assuming that he'd get lynched today.

what do you think about TWC's huge attack on bhaw on saturday...very thorough attack...i can't imagine the baddies putting themselves out there like trying to get bhaw lynched, especially when bhaw dies exposing his identity...that just seems suicidal for the baddies...assuming bhaw is the cop that is.
IMO, their main goal is to get me out via vote so they don't have to risk me being protected. If they have to sacrifice one to do that, it's worth it. TWC has already started laying the groundwork for "I just didn't know what was going on" with his most recent posts. Which is funny because he vehemently attacked me for insinuating he could be a terrible villager.