History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by bhaw »

There are obviously 2 different people who can role block, but you'll know that for sure when my role is revealed.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:i think pfidc is a good vote for a couple of reasons.

i saw him and senka as being two of the more outspoken people in trying to get the vote switched from redwill to twc last day. from where i stand i know that it didnt make sense to just outright trust bhaw, especially at that point, unless your bad. and that goes for whether or not bhaw is lying or telling the truth, because at this point the only people who know bhaw's story are the mafia.
pfidc was someone i wanted to research soon because he did trust me so quickly. but senka did as well and he was good.
very true...but senka made his post then went to class, then came back and drew the proper conclusion about redwill...pfidc was just going with the flow there. i see a decent variation between their two responses
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

And I'm still on lynch Zaro.

Some thoughts on other people...

TWC - I'd like to avoid a vote for him until at least the next day. I think bhaw will be able to research tonight if the pattern holds true.

Troy, as he switched 3 times in the last two pages. That's nothing big, just something I found odd. Certainly worth a look if yeehaw turns out bad, but only if that happens.

IE, quit and called out by Senka, though it could be a setup. I have her listed just below Z but it's a little shaky now because of that.

PFIDC always looks bad to me. And I mean always. Even the games I modded where I knew he was good I still thought he was bad! However, I eventually gave up voting for him because he kept turning up blue time after time.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:There are obviously 2 different people who can role block, but you'll know that for sure when my role is revealed.

so you think the vig works for the mafia?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I meant quiet, not quit in my post.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Corvidae wrote:And I'm still on lynch Zaro.

Some thoughts on other people...

TWC - I'd like to avoid a vote for him until at least the next day. I think bhaw will be able to research tonight if the pattern holds true.

Troy, as he switched 3 times in the last two pages. That's nothing big, just something I found odd. Certainly worth a look if yeehaw turns out bad, but only if that happens.

IE, quit and called out by Senka, though it could be a setup. I have her listed just below Z but it's a little shaky now because of that.

PFIDC always looks bad to me. And I mean always. Even the games I modded where I knew he was good I still thought he was bad! However, I eventually gave up voting for him because he kept turning up blue time after time.
what are your thoughts on slappy?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:I also don't know who, other than LITT, has died that was arguing with me. I never argued with canaan, dagny, jaysmiter, kicksave, thg, malk, nan, mwb, azkar, or tfrizz.

Hockeynut and i did. Litt voted for me, but we never fought. I didn't argue with him b/c i found out after his first vote for me that he was a regular villager.
LITT and tfrizz didn't argue but they did vote for you and were all mod killed. 3 looks like a weird setup attempt, but I'm still not sure why.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Troy Loney wrote:what are your thoughts on slappy?
I have none. He pointed at me earlier and then moved on, but that's really the only thing that I've noticed (for obvious reasons). And that's certainly not an indication of good or bad.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Corvidae wrote:
I have none. He pointed at me earlier and then moved on, but that's really the only thing that I've noticed (for obvious reasons). And that's certainly not an indication of good or bad.
i consider slappy an active, thinking player. i really think that any active player who isn't making any attempt to sort out this bhaw situation to either not care about the game, or be trying to hide out and let the village fight this one out.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

1. count2infinity - Benedict Arnold
2. slappybrown - Helen Herron Taft
3. npv708 - Aaron Burr
4. IrishEyes - Calamity Jane
5. Troy Loney - JP Morgan
7. relantel - John Adams
9. Twisted Wrister - John F. Kennedy
10. Zarovich - Ben Franklin
12. crayz - Henry Ford
15. Corvidae - Richard Nixon
19. bhaw - Jesse James
20. cupkeeper - Robert Morris
22. PensFanInDC - George Patton
26. the wicked child - George Washington

there are 4 baddies on this list.

the possible combination that i have is
pfidc, slappy, c2i & IE
and you can sub in npv for either IE or c2i.

i know that i'm blue and how i'm reacting to the scenario, and thats why i do feel that crayz and twc are clear. i dont know what to think about zaro, relantel and TW.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Troy Loney wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
i consider slappy an active, thinking player. i really think that any active player who isn't making any attempt to sort out this bhaw situation to either not care about the game, or be trying to hide out and let the village fight this one out.
I agree with that generalization, but I'll wait till Monday to make anything of it. I think a lot of people just assumed he'd be killed by the mod and aren't around now to see that he wasn't. I'll stick with my current suspects for now, as more finger pointing wouldn't help the blues and greens in any way.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

^ mob, not mod.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Corvidae wrote: I agree with that generalization, but I'll wait till Monday to make anything of it. I think a lot of people just assumed he'd be killed by the mod and aren't around now to see that he wasn't. I'll stick with my current suspects for now, as more finger pointing wouldn't help the blues and greens in any way.
Good deal...i need to get out of this thread for now...my brain is starting to hurt, and there isn't anyone around anyway.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

im around. but im dead. i just read up everything. gl.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:There are obviously 2 different people who can role block, but you'll know that for sure when my role is revealed.

so you think the vig works for the mafia?
not sure. I was blocked before anyone was converted, so me being blocked potentially by a good RP is independent of who was converted.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I'm sticking with my no lynch for now.

I'm gonna go re-read the thread and see if I can come up with anything.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

redwill wrote:
I'm pretty sure Zarovich is just a regular villager. I know he's not the Cop. But as I mentioned on Day 3, up until his vote for npv, I thought he was reading my mind with his posts.

npv still looks non-suspicious to me, despite the theatrics of yesterday and the (forgive me) idiotic night posts. I had my own suspicions of MWB, so I can't blame npv for going after him so strongly. HOWEVER, the tactic of "kill him or kill me tomorrow" has got to stop, IMO. I have no problem with the "kill him or kill me today" tactic, but the "give me 'til tomorrow" leaves too much room for the baddies to rally and plan a defense. Or, even worse, they might have an Angel to save that person the next day.

I gave reasons on Day 3 why I thought crayz was acting odd. Nothing has changed in my opinion for better or worse with him.

IrishEyes is not posting much, which strikes me as odd. But Senka has accused her and I'm really on the Senka train at the moment, so -- in the absence of anything really incriminating -- I'm leaning toward good for her. She's the enemy of my enemy and all that.
Knowing redwill was bad makes this an interesting post. He emphasizes that he KNOWS that zaro wasn't the cop. This combined with bhaw being blocked on nights 1 and 3 makes me think the mafia knew early that bhaw was the cop. This begs the question as to why haven't they killed him yet? There are two possible answers. 1. He is way off and they know they can block him every other night with the chance to sway the village to vote him off. 2. Simple: bhaw was the convert and nothing he has told us is any good at all. Redwill looks as if he was sacrifed by the mafia if bhaw ws the recruit because redwill was getting heat because of the dead messages.

I'm gonna stay with the no lynch vote and I ask more people to consider this approach. I'm pretty sure bhaw is the cop because as I said earlier the real cop would have had to looked him up by now and told us if he was playing us.

On the other hand bhaw is the cop and hasn't been converted and everything he has told us is true. We know no other mafia for sure and would just be making an educated guess. If we hold off on the lynch we don't help the mafia by killing a villager and then losing two more at night if the assassin continues on his path of fail.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

cup keeper wrote:I'm gonna stay with the no lynch vote and I ask more people to consider this approach.
Yeah, lets all just stop playing then. We'll sit here until the time limit runs out and have mac RANDOM.org one of us out. :face:

If I come on late tomorrow afternoon and you haven't voted I'm voting for you. I ask more people to consider this approach. :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

message from the dead picked by my little seester :pop:

There are no Pens fans in DC :scared:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

The dead are questing the very existence of PFIDC. That's harsh.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In all fairness, it is the weekend and most people aren't around much. I know I am suspending any and all game feelings and focusing my hate on Detroit. :thumb:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:In all fairness, it is the weekend and most people aren't around much. I know I am suspending any and all game feelings and focusing my hate on Detroit. :thumb:
This. Came on to make sure I didn't forget to Pick a Pen due to the early start tomorrow - I caught up on the thread to date but I'll post thoughts tomorrow after the game.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Corvidae wrote:
cup keeper wrote:I'm gonna stay with the no lynch vote and I ask more people to consider this approach.
Yeah, lets all just stop playing then. We'll sit here until the time limit runs out and have mac RANDOM.org one of us out. :face:

If I come on late tomorrow afternoon and you haven't voted I'm voting for you. I ask more people to consider this approach. :pop:
I mean late Monday afternoon. I forgot what day it was. That makes what you said not nearly as " :face: ."
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

the wicked child wrote: Also during this time, slappy, who has been kinda laying low for a lot of the game comes in and posts this HUGE image that basically is saying LITT is on drugs.. further discrediting him. I avoided voting for any of them because I was taking evidence at this point and knew I was dead if I said anything.

It's not hard to see that everyone who fights with bhaw ends up dead, one way or another. I can only guess I am alive because it would be too obvious. If someone was framing bhaw, they would have killed me, no doubt.

bhaw, pfidc and slappybrown... but IMO bhaw is someone very important. If not the godfather, he has some ability they don't want to lose.
:face: I posted the LITT image because I was posting images for the people I voted for the purposes of giggles. Note that I posted the Senka image when I unlynched him. The LITT image I posted was the best I could find; a LITT search on google images doesn't turn much up in the way of lulz. Saying he is on drugs to discredit him? Thats one hell of a:

I also got into it with bhaw. And I'm not dead. :scared:

I started the NAN vote and posted the tell theory about him first. I kept pushing a NAN vote when everyone didnt want it.

I'm going to the game so I will check back in afterwards.
Spoiler:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote:
redwill wrote:
I'm pretty sure Zarovich is just a regular villager. I know he's not the Cop. But as I mentioned on Day 3, up until his vote for npv, I thought he was reading my mind with his posts.

npv still looks non-suspicious to me, despite the theatrics of yesterday and the (forgive me) idiotic night posts. I had my own suspicions of MWB, so I can't blame npv for going after him so strongly. HOWEVER, the tactic of "kill him or kill me tomorrow" has got to stop, IMO. I have no problem with the "kill him or kill me today" tactic, but the "give me 'til tomorrow" leaves too much room for the baddies to rally and plan a defense. Or, even worse, they might have an Angel to save that person the next day.

I gave reasons on Day 3 why I thought crayz was acting odd. Nothing has changed in my opinion for better or worse with him.

IrishEyes is not posting much, which strikes me as odd. But Senka has accused her and I'm really on the Senka train at the moment, so -- in the absence of anything really incriminating -- I'm leaning toward good for her. She's the enemy of my enemy and all that.
Knowing redwill was bad makes this an interesting post. He emphasizes that he KNOWS that zaro wasn't the cop. This combined with bhaw being blocked on nights 1 and 3 makes me think the mafia knew early that bhaw was the cop. This begs the question as to why haven't they killed him yet? There are two possible answers. 1. He is way off and they know they can block him every other night with the chance to sway the village to vote him off. 2. Simple: bhaw was the convert and nothing he has told us is any good at all. Redwill looks as if he was sacrifed by the mafia if bhaw ws the recruit because redwill was getting heat because of the dead messages.

I'm gonna stay with the no lynch vote and I ask more people to consider this approach. I'm pretty sure bhaw is the cop because as I said earlier the real cop would have had to looked him up by now and told us if he was playing us.

On the other hand bhaw is the cop and hasn't been converted and everything he has told us is true. We know no other mafia for sure and would just be making an educated guess. If we hold off on the lynch we don't help the mafia by killing a villager and then losing two more at night if the assassin continues on his path of fail.
So you're basically saying that the best thing to do is to go into the next vote 8-4 in terms of villagers instead of voting now at 10-4? Remember that I could easily die next night phase, so you'll see I'm the cop, but you won't have anymore info.

You and TL have switched spots on my list based on the way you've played this round. You're coming on and saying you have no clue who anyone is and that bhaw might or might not be the cop. People have to have some kind of feeling on who's bad and who's good by this time, independent from anything I'm saying.