Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by bhaw »

unlynch zaro

lynch twc

he's either a bad guy trying to get rid of me so the mafia doesn't have to waste a night or is an absolutely terrible villager. I'm pretty sure he's red at this point.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

I am quite positive that bhaw was converted. There was absolutely no reason for him to come out as the cop. For that I say we go after twc and then have the vig shoot bhaw.

Lynch twc
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Twisted Wrister wrote:I am quite positive that bhaw was converted. There was absolutely no reason for him to come out as the cop. For that I say we go after twc and then have the vig shoot bhaw.

Lynch twc
As I said... if my death helps stop the confusion, do it. but i came out b/c my name kept coming up. I didn't want to be gone for a few hours and come back dead without being able to at least give up the redwill info. I came out "late" for you guys, but it wasn't late for me. And being I'm 2 hours behind, I wake up way later than you guys, so if someone got the bandwagon rolling on me, i couldn't defend myself in time and i would have taken the redwill info to my grave.

Just be aware that you may be asking the vig (potentially with the mafia) to shoot me, so it may not happen if they want to keep me around for the sake of shooting someone they know is good and letting me get killed in the next vote.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

the wicked child wrote:
I'm pretty surprised that the assassin didn't kill me last night. It would have given them a good out because the mafia would be clear, but I would not be around to stir anything else up. Notice however there is nothing in teh writeup about the assassin being blocked... because he probably held his bullet.
The assassin didn't have a bullet last night because it was night 7 and he has killed on nights 2, 4 and 6. For a guy thats being critical of bhaw for being inaccurate with information, this is a pretty big fact to miss.

I still would like clarification from bhaw on what nights he was roleblocked. jaysmiter was killed on night 3 and roleblocked therefore bhaw could not have been blocked on night 3 unless there is a JOAT and if he's good he really screwed up. There has been no killing by a JOAT so I think there isn't a JOAT in this game.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
I'm pretty surprised that the assassin didn't kill me last night. It would have given them a good out because the mafia would be clear, but I would not be around to stir anything else up. Notice however there is nothing in teh writeup about the assassin being blocked... because he probably held his bullet.
The assassin didn't have a bullet last night because it was night 7 and he has killed on nights 2, 4 and 6. For a guy thats being critical of bhaw for being inaccurate with information, this is a pretty big fact to miss.

I still would like clarification from bhaw on what nights he was roleblocked. jaysmiter was killed on night 3 and roleblocked therefore bhaw could not have been blocked on night 3 unless there is a JOAT and if he's good he really screwed up. There has been no killing by a JOAT so I think there isn't a JOAT in this game.
i can't explain why but it was definitely nights 1, 3, and the last night.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

and again, I was told my powers were "disabled"
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Some nights disabled other nights blocked?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Night 1 - disabled until the following night
night 3 - disabled again (I actually didn't get any pm back but saw jay was killed in the write up, so I asked mac if that was why he just didn't pm me and he said he just forgot but i was 'disabled' again)
Night 7 - blocked was the term used
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

although the pm did indicate I was "blocked" on night 7, it was qualified as "the same that happened earlier in the game"

So I THINK they are all one in the same.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So Bhaw,

your explanation is that there is a role blocker on the mafia's side, that is a good explanation for why the mafia could just go ahead and let you live, roleblock you, and go ahead and get rid of senka knowing.

1. you can't find one of them out
2. you could just end up getting lynched
3. they can get rid of senka.

Think makes the most sense to me.

with that said lynch IE because of senka being killed last night.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:So Bhaw,

your explanation is that there is a role blocker on the mafia's side, that is a good explanation for why the mafia could just go ahead and let you live, roleblock you, and go ahead and get rid of senka knowing.

1. you can't find one of them out
2. you could just end up getting lynched
3. they can get rid of senka.

Think makes the most sense to me.

with that said lynch IE because of senka being killed last night.
I think that's fair to say... unless there is a good role blocker who just flat out doesn't trust me. In which case they'd be pretty terrible at their role b/c it basically made it so i was incapable of proving anything either way.

I also think the mafia is sacrificing twc by having him come out hard against me. If there is a nurse, I could easily be saved tonight and they can't stop me from researching someone. If twc can convince the village to lynch me, they don't have to worry about that anymore.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

cup keeper wrote:The assassin didn't have a bullet last night because it was night 7 and he has killed on nights 2, 4 and 6. For a guy thats being critical of bhaw for being inaccurate with information, this is a pretty big fact to miss.
Yeah, that is true. Complete fail on my part.

I have reached a point where I can't be convinced that bhaw is good... and he is going to do everything in his power to get people to ignore what I am saying... probably banking that most people won't take the time to read through the thread and draw the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, the only way that it can be resolved for sure is if bhaw or the real cop die. If people want to kill me, I understand. It is pretty crazy to launch an all out assault on someone claiming to be the Cop. Unfortunately, it will just waste another day that we don't have.

For the good of the town, I will change my vote if a suitable option comes along, but I am not going to pretend like I believe bhaw while he laughs to victory.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

This has gone on long enough where if bhaw wasn't the cop then the real cop should have investigated him and come forward if bhaw was mafia.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:
cup keeper wrote:The assassin didn't have a bullet last night because it was night 7 and he has killed on nights 2, 4 and 6. For a guy thats being critical of bhaw for being inaccurate with information, this is a pretty big fact to miss.

I have reached a point where I can't be convinced that bhaw is good... and he is going to do everything in his power to get people to ignore what I am saying... probably banking that most people won't take the time to read through the thread and draw the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, the only way that it can be resolved for sure is if bhaw or the real cop die. If people want to kill me, I understand. It is pretty crazy to launch an all out assault on someone claiming to be the Cop. Unfortunately, it will just waste another day that we don't have.

For the good of the town, I will change my vote if a suitable option comes along, but I am not going to pretend like I believe bhaw while he laughs to victory.
So essentially you're saying that you have no theory except bhaw = bad? even if you're right, you have to account for 4 other mafia members. You're going to get killed either way when I turn up green. even if you are good, you've played the "bhaw is bad" hand too hard to overlook when i do end up green. It's a terribly selfish way to play that is even worse for the village than "believing" me.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote:This has gone on long enough where if bhaw wasn't the cop then the real cop should have investigated him and come forward if bhaw was mafia.
I don't want to say that for being accused to draw out the real cop, but if i'm lying, the real cop has 7 nights of info along with redwill who i gave up. He/she either has a bunch of mafia or can clear enough people right now to stop the confusion.

the timing of me coming out is a catch 22... I come out with very little heat and people are accusing me of being bad. if I come out when I'm almost dead, people will say it's a lie and i'm bad. It's a no win situation and at least we got redwill out of it.

IE and npv were people he "cleared". Coincidentally he was against Senka who was good. If people don't see strategy from a "good" perspective in what i've been doing, look again. I researched redwill in night 4. I tried throwing out lynch votes for him without coming out. Then I tried to pull any info I could by "trusting" him and asking for his input. He basically kept saying the same thing: Senka is bad, he suspects ie but won't vote for her, and npv was weird but clear in his mind.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Right now I'm voting no lynch.

I don't want to vote out a villager here and then have two more go down overnight. Whether the assassin is good or bad at this point doesn't matter because he has only killed villagers so far and could kill another villager regardless of his alliance.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

So essentially you're saying that you have no theory except bhaw = bad? even if you're right, you have to account for 4 other mafia members. You're going to get killed either way when I turn up green. even if you are good, you've played the "bhaw is bad" hand too hard to overlook when i do end up green. It's a terribly selfish way to play that is even worse for the village than "believing" me.
I think me and twc are really on the same train of thought, both being independent villagers...and both of us would rather kill bhaw and lose, rather than lose with bhaw winning....cause thats kind of where i am, and i know how hard it is to believe bhaw isn't lying.

unlynch IE

lynch pfidc

i don't think a mafia would stick their neck out to kill bhaw if he were good....so another reason i trust twc. and i also like his list minus bhaw.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

disabled and blocked is the same thing.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

mac5155 wrote:disabled and blocked is the same thing.
Thank you for clarifying. I had all kinds of weird theories running through my head.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Sorry, next game I will play "unselfish" and sit back and wait for everyone else to do research for me, and blindly follow all role claims. :thumb:

It's painfully obvious that everyone who has fought with you has died... either by the mafia or by assassin... except for myself, Troy Loney & Corvidae... but Corvi stopped fighting with you sometime after NAN was killed... and the TL thing feels kinda staged tbh. And you couldn't kill me last night because it would have been too obvious for even you to sell.

But lets put that aside for a second. The mafia is so convinced that you are a RP that they "disabled" you twice early on, but did not kill you... then they proceeded to kill Kicksave & LITT to frame you... and the Assassin got in on the action and killed tfrizz and Hockeynut! to frame you.

I also mentioned earlier that PFIDC and slappybrown were working hard a couple days ago to discredit LITT's vote for you. I guess they somehow knew you were the cop and LITT was endangering you.

It's clearly all just an OJ-like conspiracy.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I know there is no way we are going to get 8 to vote for bhaw right now, so I am going with my number 2.

unlynch bhaw
lynch PFIDC
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

There are various reasons to suspect bhaw. But, for example, this could be a frame job...
tfrizz wrote:
bhaw wrote:As far as what npv said, the mafia is likely split on the azkar vote. A couple for azkar, a couple for senka so they can cut losses IF one of them is bad and avoid all voting one way. So basically I'm agreeing with Senka's post. I think some people think they are on to something when there may not be anything there at all.

This seems like you're trying to lay the foundation for a defense...
That happens, tfrizz dies not long after. It seems like the mob has been setting up bhaw for a long time, but really, why go to so much trouble and not kill him? I don't think he can be killed for some reason. Why would they block him night 1 AND night 3 if they didn't know what he was? And if they did know what he was, why not kill him?

However, for the reasons I listed when he came out of the closet (lulz)...
Corvidae wrote:And as for you, obviously, if you're playing fake Seer again, we'll know once Red is dead. You most certainly aren't the Bad Seer since that was NAN, and even if you were, you guys would just kill TWC at Night.
So, why come out then? Why play that game if he was a bad guy? The only reason I can think: he's not. He COULD be, but it just doesn't add up right now.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I also wanted to just say this:

The people who are watching the thread but not participating need to participate. we are at a point in the game where not participating "because you're too confused" doesn't fly anymore. IE used that one and got away with it. If you aren't participating, you are either mafia, or the village is carrying you to crucial votes with little to no info and you are admittedly "too confused" to make an informed vote.

i don't think the mafia knew who I was. I think I got role blocked by one of them on night 1 just at random and the 2nd time was probably a JOAT or someone else GOOD with role blocking who was starting to not trust me (night 3 was when people started to feud with me b/c I pulled the vote from nan onto sdm). So that part makes sense. Since then, they probably thought I was a villager (until I came out) and were using those kills simply to set up a village vote on a villager. I have used that strategy a lot in past games... kill one half of a feuding set of villagers to set up the other.

I also don't know who, other than LITT, has died that was arguing with me. I never argued with canaan, dagny, jaysmiter, kicksave, thg, malk, nan, mwb, azkar, or tfrizz.

Hockeynut and i did. Litt voted for me, but we never fought. I didn't argue with him b/c i found out after his first vote for me that he was a regular villager.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i think pfidc is a good vote for a couple of reasons.

i saw him and senka as being two of the more outspoken people in trying to get the vote switched from redwill to twc last day. from where i stand i know that it didnt make sense to just outright trust bhaw, especially at that point, unless your bad. and that goes for whether or not bhaw is lying or telling the truth, because at this point the only people who know bhaw's story are the mafia.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:i think pfidc is a good vote for a couple of reasons.

i saw him and senka as being two of the more outspoken people in trying to get the vote switched from redwill to twc last day. from where i stand i know that it didnt make sense to just outright trust bhaw, especially at that point, unless your bad. and that goes for whether or not bhaw is lying or telling the truth, because at this point the only people who know bhaw's story are the mafia.
pfidc was someone i wanted to research soon because he did trust me so quickly. but senka did as well and he was good.