Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:
cup keeper wrote:This recruiting of a good rp has me really thinking about this. NAN was an important asset to the mafia as their cop so it would bad to sacrifice him even if he couldn't play without a backup plan. I find it interesting that the night after the mafia loses their cop they convert a good rp (possibly the good cop).
if they got the good cop or vig or whatever else was left, do they keep their powers? So does the vig have the power to shoot people on the bad side?
The way the vig has been I don't think it matters.
sure it does... b/c then the mafia can kill 2 at once.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kicksave wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
cup keeper wrote:Also the recruitment could have been a vampire role like there was in NHL Wars. That person was good until the mafia went after them and then they were bad.
then i think we should get rid of kicksave.
But I'm not a role player. It says a RP was converted.
Why do we know that you arent a role player?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Troy Loney wrote:
I was thinking this. It seems that the mafia is targeting high profile vet players with their kills and this leads me to believe that a vet player is pulling the strings on this.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:Yeah, exactly... nan coming out makes me look even worse. why would he do that to me if it's going to make me look bad?
I don't think a bad guy sacrificed himself to frame you. They can kill you know.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

tfrizz wrote:I thought the bhaw/Hockeynut! fighting seemed like a townie battle, and Hockeynut! turned out to be town... so that leads me away from bhaw IMO.

This leads me to this: Who benefitted from NAN coming out as mafia? Is there something behind the timing?

With NAN being their cop, he was possibly their most valuable asset; so why jump under the bus at that point? Voting was well under way, everyone got off NAN's vote, and then he comes out? This, IMO, points to npv. I don't care how much or little NAN could play, why wouldn't they try to squeeze one more night phase out of it? The most sensible thing, to me, would be that they were going to lose a member either way so it might as well be the one who can't play.

lynch npv708
Then why would I have voted for NAN multiple times throughout the game?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

npv708 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:lynch npv
reasoning?
i don't need to explain myself to anyone!!!

but i will... same reasoning from yesterday. didn't like the big ole list, didn't like the pushing votes off of from yourself, and didn't like the you vote for me so i vote for you thing (even if it was unintentional).
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

If we want to believe that there is some vampire role like in nhl wars than i think KS is the logical choice.

The mafia would try to kill him for picking off NAN, but alas an RP was converted.

Plus he knew NAN was bad, doesnt the vampire have some power to see roles?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

cup keeper wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
I was thinking this. It seems that the mafia is targeting high profile vet players with their kills and this leads me to believe that a vet player is pulling the strings on this.
I've been thinking about that too. KS is a really good player and is still alive. Doesnt match up with the mafia kills so far. Still not enough for me to cast a vote just yet though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

tfrizz wrote:
With NAN being their cop, he was possibly their most valuable asset; so why jump under the bus at that point? Voting was well under way, everyone got off NAN's vote, and then he comes out? This, IMO, points to npv. I don't care how much or little NAN could play, why wouldn't they try to squeeze one more night phase out of it? The most sensible thing, to me, would be that they were going to lose a member either way so it might as well be the one who can't play.

lynch npv708
Exactly... there has to be some reason for nan coming out. I think whoever said that they converted the seer could be right. nan's role isn't as important if they knew they were getting another seer coming up.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:Yeah, exactly... nan coming out makes me look even worse. why would he do that to me if it's going to make me look bad?
I don't think a bad guy sacrificed himself to frame you. They can kill you know.
I'm not saying he framed me. I'm saying that if it was a set up with me being bad, the timing was pretty terrible. i'd think with a group of smart mafia, none of them would have put a vote in just before or just after NAN said he was red.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:
if they got the good cop or vig or whatever else was left, do they keep their powers? So does the vig have the power to shoot people on the bad side?
The way the vig has been I don't think it matters.
sure it does... b/c then the mafia can kill 2 at once.
That was kind of a joke on my part since the vig has killed two villagers already.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:
npv708 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:lynch npv
reasoning?
i don't need to explain myself to anyone!!!

but i will... same reasoning from yesterday. didn't like the big ole list, didn't like the pushing votes off of from yourself, and didn't like the you vote for me so i vote for you thing (even if it was unintentional).
With regards to the list, nobody was doing anything at all...I was just trying to get some names out there for discussion. 10 names on a list is 1/3 of the village...and I believe NAN was on the list, right? If i was really mafia, why would I first off vote for NAN multiple times in the first few days, then put his name on my suspect list? That's right it doesn't make sense. Why would a wookie, an eight-foot tall wookie, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
I'm not saying he framed me. I'm saying that if it was a set up with me being bad, the timing was pretty terrible. i'd think with a group of smart mafia, none of them would have put a vote in just before or just after NAN said he was red.
Why not put it in before? That way it can be claimed that you were already voting for a baddie before he came out.... kind of like your defense has been already ("I voted for nan on day 1").
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

PensFanInDC wrote:I've been thinking about that too. KS is a really good player and is still alive. Doesnt match up with the mafia kills so far. Still not enough for me to cast a vote just yet though.
Am I being Pavel Bure'd?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

ok so here are the results i gathered (best that i could do doing a quick job...)

Day 2:

Voted for nan:
slappy
npv
litt
troy
kicksave
hockeynut
ie
pfidc
corvi
redwill

Did NOT vote for nan
CK
c2i
crayz
azkar
bhaw
zaro
relantel
mwb
tfrizz
tw
senka

Switches from nan:

troy
ie
pfidc
npv
corvi
red will
kicksave

Stayed on nan throughout day:
slappy
litt
kicksave
hockeynut

Day 2:

Voted early for nan:
crayz
tw
hockeynut
npv
slappy
kicksave

voted after bhaw brought up odd nan post:
c2i
bhaw
redwill
ck
twc
relantel
tfrizz
npv
corvi
npv
litt

Didn't vote for him in the end:

redwill
troy
mwb
ie
zaro
tw
crayz
azkar
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm always wearing of people saying, "why would a baddie do this:" and then list what they did. It's a weak defense.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote: Why not put it in before? That way it can be claimed that you were already voting for a baddie before he came out.... kind of like your defense has been already ("I voted for nan on day 1").
well considering the reasoning behind lynching me is that i "defended" nan, it wouldn't make much sense for me to defend myself with "I voted for azkar" that one time. Apparently I'm suspect because i'm not going with the herd and wanting to bandwagon people for the first 3 or 4 days.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

count2infinity wrote:i'm always wearing of people saying, "why would a baddie do this:" and then list what they did. It's a weak defense.
WARY WARY WARY WARY WARY

Sorry c2i, that one drives me nuts :lol:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Based off my research....Here are the people that NEVER voted for nan:

mwb
zaro
azkar
senka

those instantly become my top 3

looks like i left senka off the "didn't vote after bhaw post"
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:Based off my research....Here are the people that NEVER voted for nan:

mwb
zaro
azkar
senka

Top 3? There's 4 names there.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I've been thinking about that too. KS is a really good player and is still alive. Doesnt match up with the mafia kills so far. Still not enough for me to cast a vote just yet though.
Am I being Pavel Bure'd?
unlynch redwill

lynch kicksave

1. I don't trust your ability to pick out NAN without some sort of game assistance, whatever that game assistance you had would have made you a logical target of the mafia, and alas some player (a RP) was converted...matches up too well with the NHL wars when Shaft was able to pick off baddies till he got converted.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

npv was an early voter before there was any sort of push for nan...imo that clears him for the time being.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

slappybrown wrote:
count2infinity wrote:i'm always wearing of people saying, "why would a baddie do this:" and then list what they did. It's a weak defense.
WARY WARY WARY WARY WARY

Sorry c2i, that one drives me nuts :lol:
sorry...i know it's wary, i've just had a long day. kids are driving me nuts and the things that are in my head are not translating correctly through my fingers.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:
crayz wrote:Based off my research....Here are the people that NEVER voted for nan:

mwb
zaro
azkar
senka

Top 3? There's 4 names there.
ha i added senka after I wrote top 3 :D
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

mwb - didn't you indicate on day 2 that you agreed with me and vote for sdm as well? so the same points you are saying against me also apply to you, do they not?