History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by count2infinity »

well, this day kind of sucks.

we've got a little info to go on here and there, there are roughly 39 people that currently have a vote on them, and now we've got people blindly following dead people. I'm going to stick with what i saw last night, and say that npv is on notice right now. but until this develops a little more i'm not throwing a vote out there.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

is there a tmie limit?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:thank you cupkeeper. i was leaving it for beerman in the morning :pop:
lol def a big thanks to cup keeper, the further I read along the more I kept hoping there was gonna be a count near the end.

Up to date Count:

redwill - 6 - npv, senka, azkar, crayz, tw, zaro
Troy - 2 - twc, tfrizz
nan - 1 - slappy
corvi - 1 - bhaw
bhaw - 1 - corvi
tw - 1 - cupkeeper
senka - 1 - redwill
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

or a time limit?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:or a time limit?
um mac didn't set one, writeup was at 6 last night so I'll say 1pm for now, that still leaves a good bit of time
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I should really start going online at home when Im playing a game. Too much happens during that time and it's tough to catch up. Gonna read the past 7 or so pages and see whats going on.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

yeah, I am not voting for rw right now. I may end up being dead wrong, but I have varying levels of suspicion towards 5 of the 6 people voting for him atm... I realize that all of them would not be red, but I can't feel good about following that.

Also, fwiw, MWB is playing the same as he did last game. Posting evidence on why we should vote for someone but not actually leading the charge himself... so if someone looks back at the votes they don't see that he directed people that way... only that he didn't vote for them.

Would be crazy if he's bad for the 10th time out of 12 games*, but if rw turns up blue or green, I suggest a hard look at MWB the next day.

*exaggerated, but the ratio is probably about right.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I'm glad other people saw what I did about the dead telling us to vote for redwill. If we don't have any better ideas, I may go with it to
1. Find out if the dead actually do know something
or
2. If he shows up green/blue, at least that will make people realize that the dead people know as much as the rest of us and won't be tempted to listen to them again when vague stuff like this pops up

But twc... I noticed the way MWB was playing this as well. Giving lots of info and saying that this is why he SHOULD vote for someone but not actually doing it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I could be down with voting for redwill. To me, dead people or bystanders see some things people playing don't.

Plus the train is rolling already. I don't like switching votes this early. It only causes confusion and trouble.

lynch redwill
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BTW, I have a doctors appointment in about an hour, so I won't be back until around noon.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

OK, I'm caught up.

Redwill:
Since all of our fallen are green or blue then the message from the dead is can be taken seriously. It might be from Canaan who was the deputy but then again if there is a sherrif Canaan might not know anything. I think it's nothing more than a regular post if they were still alive, meaning I don't think it's concrete evidence against redwill. As I always say at the beginning of games, there usually isn't much evidence at all to go on at the beginning of a game anyway. I agree with TWC that if redwill turns up blue or green that we should look hard at MWB

NPV:
npv does a lot of night talking. I don't like this. The PMs have taken a long time to come in so that might mean that the baddies are taking their time to read the night posts and get as much info as possible before making a decision.

These were my 2 biggest suspects at the moment.

I've decided to vote to lynch npv. Since it was between the 2 I had to go with the person I saw doing the most damage at this point. redwill hasn't been posting a lot at night (if at all). npv may have hurt the village with his night talking. I am in no way 100% sure that npv is a baddie but it's all I have to go on right now.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

redwill - 7 - npv, senka, azkar, crayz, tw, zaro, nan
Troy - 2 - twc, tfrizz
nan - 1 - slappy
corvi - 1 - bhaw
bhaw - 1 - corvi
tw - 1 - cupkeeper
senka - 1 - redwill
npv - 1 - pfidc
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

lynch redwill after thinking about it, all the dead people are green/blue and they claim to know whats going on here so hopefully they are right
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:yeah, I am not voting for rw right now. I may end up being dead wrong, but I have varying levels of suspicion towards 5 of the 6 people voting for him atm... I realize that all of them would not be red, but I can't feel good about following that.

Also, fwiw, MWB is playing the same as he did last game. Posting evidence on why we should vote for someone but not actually leading the charge himself... so if someone looks back at the votes they don't see that he directed people that way... only that he didn't vote for them.

Would be crazy if he's bad for the 10th time out of 12 games*, but if rw turns up blue or green, I suggest a hard look at MWB the next day.

*exaggerated, but the ratio is probably about right.
I play this way every game.... I very rarely throw votes out early because I like to hear as much input as possible before I vote. Like I've said a couple times, I'm most suspicious of the people that are posting about the game during night phases and of experienced people who would likely want to get rid of thinkers quickly. Unfortunately, there's a lot of those.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I think I'm with PFIDC on this. npv is doing an awful lot of night talking, and whether he means it or not, it's detrimental to the village.

lynch npv
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
But twc... I noticed the way MWB was playing this as well. Giving lots of info and saying that this is why he SHOULD vote for someone but not actually doing it.
There have been two votes. I didn't vote on the thg train because it went so quickly. I did vote for sdm. I'll vote during this phase, but I'm not going to rush to a vote.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch npv

Mostly because of that list he posted earlier that included like 7 people.

as for redwill...that seems like something malks would say. could be wrong, but thats my impression and i wouldn't listed to him if he were alive, why would i listen to him if he were dead?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote: NPV:
npv does a lot of night talking. I don't like this. The PMs have taken a long time to come in so that might mean that the baddies are taking their time to read the night posts and get as much info as possible before making a decision.

I've decided to vote to lynch npv. Since it was between the 2 I had to go with the person I saw doing the most damage at this point. redwill hasn't been posting a lot at night (if at all). npv may have hurt the village with his night talking. I am in no way 100% sure that npv is a baddie but it's all I have to go on right now.
npv is posting at night, but his posting has nothing to do with the game. Others are actually posting about the game content. I'm not saying that npv is a bad vote, because he's a lot more active than he has been in previous games (not just the last game), but for the reason you site I'd say there are better targets.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This will hurt me if npv comes up bad, but I don't like how this vote is going. Yes, as I've said a few times, night posting is bad. But go back and look, starting at p. 14, at npv's posts. He's posting nothing relevant at night. Others are talking about the game at night. Isn't that what is really detrimental?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:

npv is posting at night, but his posting has nothing to do with the game. Others are actually posting about the game content. I'm not saying that npv is a bad vote, because he's a lot more active than he has been in previous games (not just the last game), but for the reason you site I'd say there are better targets.

I don't like this post mwb.

its a subtle defense of npv. so to me, you either have a vested interest in keeping npv alive or you know more than everyone else and are to pull an "i told you so" on the village and say that you were right to not be suspicious of npv.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

redwill - 8 - npv, senka, azkar, crayz, tw, zaro, nan, litt
npv - 3 - pfidc, IE, Troy
Troy - 2 - twc, tfrizz
nan - 1 - slappy
corvi - 1 - bhaw
bhaw - 1 - corvi
tw - 1 - cupkeeper
senka - 1 - redwill
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

for the record I thought redwill's initial jump on nan was suspicious and posted as such yesterday.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:

I see your point but you also bring up something else interesting (that I bolded). This makes me even more happy with my vote. A change of style in your play is also a red flag to me, but again it's day 3 and there really isnt much to go on. Night posting, be it about the game or not AND a change in play style/activity is reason enough on day 3 to me.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i was suspicious of npv earlier, but no one seemed to jump on board with me. i'm going to

lynch npv
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PFIDC, I'm just wondering why some people are voting for npv based on night posts (that aren't game related) instead of voting for someone who is actually posting game stuff at night. If that is a person's reason for voting for him then it seems like flawed logic to me.