History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by cup keeper »

npv708 wrote:
cup keeper wrote:I mean they could be right and redwill is bad but it would just be a good guess. If the investigator was dead I might put a little more stock in what the dead were saying. An earlier dead message told us to go after jaysmiter and he was the doctor. Let's not just blindly follow the messages from the dead.
The way I look at it is that the dead are all cleared...as of now, with little to go on, I feel more comfortable following their words as opposed to people who are still in question...
I know all the dead are cleared as blue or green but what do they know that we don't. If we lynch redwill because the dead told us to and he turns up blue that gets us nowhere as far as getting any new information. It's the same as a random bandwagon.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

lynch redwill

all the dead have been good. Its as good a chance as any
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Vote Count:
nan-2-(crayz, slappy)
troy-2-(twc, tfrizz)
redwill-2-(npv, senka)
npv-1-(zarovich)
tfrizz-1-(tw)
corvidae-1-(bhaw)
bhaw-1-(corvidae)
tw-1-(cup keeper)
senka-1-(redwill)

Wow! This thing is all over the place right now.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Ok Let me try this again.

Vote Count:
redwill-3-(npv, senka, azkar)
nan-2-(crayz, slappy)
troy-2-(twc, tfrizz)
npv-1-(zarovich)
tfrizz-1-(tw)
corvidae-1-(bhaw)
bhaw-1-(corvidae)
tw-1-(cup keeper)
senka-1-(redwill)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thank you cupkeeper. i was leaving it for beerman in the morning :pop:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

mac5155 wrote:thank you cupkeeper. i was leaving it for beerman in the morning :pop:
No problem mac.

I have to pad my postcount in these games like some other people do. :pop:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

cup keeper wrote:
mac5155 wrote:thank you cupkeeper. i was leaving it for beerman in the morning :pop:
No problem mac.

I have to pad my postcount in these games like some other people do. :pop:
+1
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I don't know who you're referencing...lol.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

wut?

too tired to read the rest of the pages. will vote in the morning when I get to work. Won't be on until around 10AM
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i have more posts than KS now. :pop:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

npv708 wrote:I don't know who you're referencing...lol.
I was talking about the guy with over 350 in Jellyfish invasion, but you're off to a pretty good start in this game.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

unlynch nan
lynch redwill

since nan ain't goin nowhere, maybe the deadies have an idear
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I'm fine with a redwill vote if there's a reason, but are any of the dead people the seer? If not, this could just be someone else thinking they know it all now that they are dead.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

bhaw wrote:I'm fine with a redwill vote if there's a reason, but are any of the dead people the seer? If not, this could just be someone else thinking they know it all now that they are dead.
I've been saying the same thing but no one seems to want to listen to it.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

bed time for mac. maybe you guys will narrow your list down tomorrow for beerman in the AM!!

or not
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

ill get on a redwill vote, its better than what we have for now.

Unlynch tfrizz

Lynch redwill
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

bhaw wrote:I'm fine with a redwill vote if there's a reason, but are any of the dead people the seer? If not, this could just be someone else thinking they know it all now that they are dead.
No. I don't think any of the dead are the seer. I think canaan was the backup.

I also think it's dagny who is calling for redwill. Could he have been the one who was editing or deleting posts?

unlynch npv

lynch redwill

I still say we go for npv tomorrow if we go with redwill today.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was thinking the exact same thing. However, redwill has crossed my mind since he's someone who seems to be a good thinker and strikes me as someone who would eliminate the players who have gone down so far.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:
bhaw wrote:That doesn't make sense. If we just went status quo and all just stayed with NAN, all we'd have is a random bandwagon vote. Maybe he's bad and the village got lucky but if everyone just voted NAN with no dissenting opinion, how do we gain anything from that? That's what makes no sense to me.
At the risk of agreeing with you :wink: I couldn't have said it better. We need people to talk to get an idea of who's who and what's what. I said that at some length last game when c2i was being attacked for saying "keep me alive on day 1 'cause I contribute." When there's little else to go on, keep talkative players around just for the info. I was disappointed that sdm didn't get a chance to post before he died. crayz and Kicksave jumped on pretty quickly to finish him.

So I was all set to jump on Senka a little earlier for being so quiet and not of much use to the town (not too mention being such a good RP killer). Then he posted and kind of made sense. I don't get his npv vote, though. npv has shown few signs of badiness to me.

So I'm hesitating on Senka. But he's so tough to leave around just to keep on eye on...

I asked earlier about what people thought of NAN as a player. I think he's been in two or three games with me, but I honestly have no idea about him. I think he kept getting killed early. Any other thoughts on him?

crayz is acting a bit odd, IMO. He helped halt the NAN train, then voted for me, then said we should all vote for NAN, but never voted for him. Finally, he switched off me onto sdm (much too quickly, I think).

Finally, I have a very minor suspicion of MWB. He's a strong player who hasn't IMO offered much this game. But I don't have any strong feelings.

No strong thoughts on anyone else other than to say that Zarovich seemed to be reading my mind in his posts, until his quick npv vote this round.
For as long as this post is, it really doesn't say anything. He said that he was going to vote for Senka because he was quiet, then made a post that changed his mind. However, redwill then posts this:
I hate to add another name to the growing list, but I can't resist it: The hand of Senka in molding the current situation fits too perfectly IMO. And he's way too dangerous to leave around if he's a baddie.

lynch Senka
What happened to change redwill's mind? Senka didn't make any posts between the two that I quoted from redwill above.

Redwill then throws out other names, but doesn't really say anything about them.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I doubt the dead got any smarter than they were last game. Not jumping on the rw bandwagon based on that.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

To elaborate, doesn't mean I won't vote for rw, but it will not be because a corpse said to.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

MWB wrote: I'm also still not liking the posters who were talking about the game during the night phase, which includes tfrizz, c2i, and bhaw.
i said stuff that i assumed was pretty obvious, and i'll say them again. currently 5 baddies, possibility of 6 so be on the lookout for conversion stuff. also, with 2 good masons gone, there's a good chance that if there was a 3rd mason he/she was probably a baddie, and with messages from the dead, the current dead masons might want to let us know who a third mason was.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the wicked child wrote:I doubt the dead got any smarter than they were last game. Not jumping on the rw bandwagon based on that.
this. why are we listening to them now. also echo your second post, not saying i wont vote for him but the dead have a bad track record. altho maybe one of masons was able to communicate with the seer?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I agree that there's no reason to blindly follow the dead, but redwill fits the mold of people I'm suspicious of regardless.
I doubt the mason could communicate with the seer, unless it's a different type of mason role. But I think this is more of a traditional game.

Bad guy roles are probably.... godfather, seer, roleblocker, angel.... maybe one more being a mason, but not convinced of that. I'm assuming they "saw" jays, blocked him and killed him.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I doubt the dead got any smarter than they were last game. Not jumping on the rw bandwagon based on that.
this. why are we listening to them now. also echo your second post, not saying i wont vote for him but the dead have a bad track record. altho maybe one of masons was able to communicate with the seer?
We are listening to them now because we are 100% sure they are not mafia trying to bandwagon a villager. We can't be 100% sure about anyone else