Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:3 - nan
1 - tfrizz
3 - npv
1 - bhaw
1- troy loney
1 - corvidae
think that's right anyone wanna confirm?

12 to lynch
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:
npv708 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:unlynch cupkeeper for now and lynch npv... seems like he's really stretching to get focus off of himself...
how?
i think zaro voted on you, and you said "if i was a bad guy..." which was weird. You had a whole big list of suspects that you think are the godfather of the mafia, and you even brought something from another thread in for questioning (against a guy that voted for you btw...)

just all seemed odd.
Okay. I guess I get where you're coming from with that. I honestly had absolutely no idea zaro voted for me and I called Senka out for doing the same thing (Me calling him out, him voting for me). The whole "if i was a bad guy thing" is something people do a lot, its like the whole "think like a serial killer" to catch a serial killer. That's all. If you wanna catch a baddie then you have to think like one. The only reason I brought that part about Zarovich in from the other thread is that bhaw and I were talking about who had a grudge against Dagny and Jays. It just happens that he puts about how he would go after Dags and Juice. Juice isn't playing and Dagny was killed overnight. That's like me saying in the signup thread that "I hate corvi, if i have the power I'm going to kill him" and then Corvi is killed overnight, I'm going to look suspicious right? That's all. I still haven't voted for him, I'm just trying to throw theories out there.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

well, while we're thinking like a baddie... "I hate corvi, if i have the power i'm going to kill him" and then corvi dies, i think i'd think it's a baddie move to frame you. i just don't think at this point we have enough to really go on... so i'm just going to revoke my vote for now and see what happens between now and tomorrow morning.

unlynch NPV

lynch THG again??? :lol:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I don't like being the example in your hate theories.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Corvidae wrote:I don't like being the example in your hate theories.
it could've been worse...I could've made it Corvidae is a baddie...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:meh.

unlynch Azkar
lynch Troy Loney

He's a veteran. I don't buy him piling onto that NAN vote over that reasoning.
What was your vote that round? What was your reasoning?

That was day 2, the first day lasted a whole what, 1 hour? It seemed to me the whole first day of the game (monday) was talking about how we were going to kill THG for some reason that i dont even know because i got killed off so quickly the last game and never paid any attention to it.

Truth be told, these 30 person games get a little overwhelming at first and i don't have the tension span to pay close attention to the early rounds, i do think its important to call out people and see how they respond and defend themselves and find some tells. Personally i was satisfied with nan's response to the bandwagon, he was just like, whatever you can kill me, no harm done and someone has to go this round.

If you take my lack of participation as lying low, your right, and your right to be suspicious, but i'm nothing.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Twisted Wrister wrote:
tfrizz wrote:I've got no problem with the Senka route. After 2 rounds of voting, he has yet to cast a single one (Twisted Wrister is the only other that hasn't). He's typically quiet, so nothing out of the ordinary there... but he is always dangerous because of that.

Any other thoughts?
tfrizz do you even read the thread at all. :face: You said Senka hasn't voted and neither did I. Meanwhile if you look at the page before theres my vote.

Has NAN even posted to defend himself?

He's likely just a blue guy and doesn't care.

Unlynch NAN

Lynch tfrizz
Sorry, I've been playing catch up all day -- swamped at work all day, and out running errands most of the night.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

npv708 wrote: it could've been worse...I could've made it Corvidae is a baddie...
Fixt
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Anyway, in case I don't get a chance to get on again before bed...

Something just makes me uneasy with Troy still around, similar to the way Pavel did in Jellyfish Invasion. He's one of those guys that is typically an early target every game but is still alive.

lynch Troy Loney
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

tfrizz wrote:Anyway, in case I don't get a chance to get on again before bed...

Something just makes me uneasy with Troy still around, similar to the way Pavel did in Jellyfish Invasion. He's one of those guys that is typically an early target every game but is still alive.

lynch Troy Loney
Thats bogus...you can say that about any player on the list, we've played like 15 of these games...it was only last game that i was taken out right away.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I hate to add another name to the growing list, but I can't resist it: The hand of Senka in molding the current situation fits too perfectly IMO. And he's way too dangerous to leave around if he's a baddie.

lynch Senka

He's usually on late at night so I invite comment from him. Not that I'll be around to read it...

I'm off to bed and then I won't be on much tomorrow 'til later at night. Good luck, folks.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

LOL. I think I frazzled npv. You must not follow these games close as I do kill Dagny every chance I get. My bit with Juice is that he always votes quiet people and I am always voted off by the village for being quiet. :scared:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:3 - nan
3 - npv
2- troy loney
1 - tfrizz
1 - bhaw
1 - corvidae
1- Senka
1- Twisted Wrister
think that's right anyone wanna confirm?

12 to lynch
Last edited by mac5155 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

mac- you missed my vote for tw
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I thought some more and like my npv vote. Posted a bunch of nonsense at night, came up with a list of 10 potential baddies and then starts pulling posts from other threads. I think c2i had the right idea earlier of what npv was doing. :thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Is it me or is npv posting a lot more in this thread than in any of the previous games?

I'm also still not liking the posters who were talking about the game during the night phase, which includes tfrizz, c2i, and bhaw.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

This is the absolute worst start for the village, ever.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

just flipped a coin to see if i should post another "dead" PM

so

MESSAGE FROM THE DEAD!!

Kill Redwill!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:Is it me or is npv posting a lot more in this thread than in any of the previous games?

I'm also still not liking the posters who were talking about the game during the night phase, which includes tfrizz, c2i, and bhaw.
I'm definitely posting more, but that's because I'm actually available to play now...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

unlynch NAN

I'm listening to the dead since they've all been good.

lynch redwill
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

npv708 wrote:
MWB wrote:Is it me or is npv posting a lot more in this thread than in any of the previous games?

I'm definitely posting more, but that's because I'm actually available to play now...
Also I forgot to mention that I had a lot of nonsense night posts too.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Just because they're dead doesn't mean they know anything more than the rest of us that are still alive.

Although some of them claim that they do. :pop:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Yesss. :pop: Redwill called me out. and now got called out from the dead. :)

unlynch npv, lynch redwill
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I mean they could be right and redwill is bad but it would just be a good guess. If the investigator was dead I might put a little more stock in what the dead were saying. An earlier dead message told us to go after jaysmiter and he was the doctor. Let's not just blindly follow the messages from the dead.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

cup keeper wrote:I mean they could be right and redwill is bad but it would just be a good guess. If the investigator was dead I might put a little more stock in what the dead were saying. An earlier dead message told us to go after jaysmiter and he was the doctor. Let's not just blindly follow the messages from the dead.
The way I look at it is that the dead are all cleared...as of now, with little to go on, I feel more comfortable following their words as opposed to people who are still in question...