History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by redwill »

bhaw wrote:That doesn't make sense. If we just went status quo and all just stayed with NAN, all we'd have is a random bandwagon vote. Maybe he's bad and the village got lucky but if everyone just voted NAN with no dissenting opinion, how do we gain anything from that? That's what makes no sense to me.
At the risk of agreeing with you :wink: I couldn't have said it better. We need people to talk to get an idea of who's who and what's what. I said that at some length last game when c2i was being attacked for saying "keep me alive on day 1 'cause I contribute." When there's little else to go on, keep talkative players around just for the info. I was disappointed that sdm didn't get a chance to post before he died. crayz and Kicksave jumped on pretty quickly to finish him.

So I was all set to jump on Senka a little earlier for being so quiet and not of much use to the town (not too mention being such a good RP killer). Then he posted and kind of made sense. I don't get his npv vote, though. npv has shown few signs of badiness to me.

So I'm hesitating on Senka. But he's so tough to leave around just to keep on eye on...

I asked earlier about what people thought of NAN as a player. I think he's been in two or three games with me, but I honestly have no idea about him. I think he kept getting killed early. Any other thoughts on him?

crayz is acting a bit odd, IMO. He helped halt the NAN train, then voted for me, then said we should all vote for NAN, but never voted for him. Finally, he switched off me onto sdm (much too quickly, I think).

Finally, I have a very minor suspicion of MWB. He's a strong player who hasn't IMO offered much this game. But I don't have any strong feelings.

No strong thoughts on anyone else other than to say that Zarovich seemed to be reading my mind in his posts, until his quick npv vote this round.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

NAN - has been around since the beginning but I can't remember him ever being a bad guy other than the one time I was bad. We converted him and he was voted out before he even logged on to see the PM he was converted. So I don't know how to tell what's "bad" for him. He has been quieter than usual fwiw.

MWB - Typically doesn't saw much either way, which is why he is dangerous if bad. But probabilities say he likely isn't bad AGAIN even though that's not the best defense.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

BTW, sorry for the wall of text. I actually hate making posts like that exposing my thoughts since that brings one to the attention of the baddies (as in Pavel killing me early last game). But I had to get my ideas out.

I'll be off the board for long stretches tomorrow. I'll probably be on a couple of brief moments during the day and later at night.

I'll try and put a vote in before I go to bed tonight.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

To further expand upon my earlier suspicions... Troy Loney has all of 4 posts, one was this... his first post in the thread, btw:
Troy Loney wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
Honestly, I don't care if you are town or a bad guy...if you talk about anything worthwhile at night, you deserve to go the very next day.
I think the only way to end the talking at night is to self regulate....

lynch nan
Jumped onto that a bit to easily for my liking.

Then there is Twisted Wrister. All of his posts lined up feel "off" to me, but this is the flag for me:
Twisted Wrister wrote:Well, the chances of getting another Good RP are not as good. Lets hope for a Red Guy.

Lynch NAN
No sir, I don't like it.

Coincidentally, these are both votes against NAN. If they are bad, does that clear NAN? Maybe, maybe not. Here is the post of NAN's that I found slightly odd:
newarenanow wrote:I wouldn't go after Senka just yet. He usually will jump in soon and post away. He's another one that will be more help than bad later. But if he is still quiet in a few days, then definitely go after him.

Again, if I'm around and you guys still have questions about me, then go ahead and get rid of me in a few days.
"Keep me around for now, then vote for me later"... eh, I dunno. I'm not ready to vote against NAN just yet, but I have my eye on him.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

anybody have a count?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:lots of quotes
so do you think you stumbled on the family hideout? Troy Loney, Twisted Wrister, NAN, and Senka?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

meant to add: :pop: ^
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

meh.

unlynch Azkar
lynch Troy Loney

He's a veteran. I don't buy him piling onto that NAN vote over that reasoning.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
the "fight" with slappy was apparently due to some poor wording on his part. he originally said the village should never have changed from nan but then explains it as being good people did but we should have lynched him day 2 anyways. now that that's clarified, I haven't pursued it any further.
Yellow curry ftw.

I don't want to continue arguing with you about this, but I think we should have voted NAN (1) because his potential tell IMO was stronger than whatever the deal was with sdm that got him voted off (you are arguing with people about how that went down so I am not even going to touch that) and (2) especially should have gone with NAN once some people had switched and were mounting defenses of him, because it provides additional information. Both of these are good reasons for me to vote him again this round.

Again, this is just my opinion, not a guarantee of future performance, comes with no guarantee or warranty, nor is this me talking down to anyone, etc. I feel like interactions with you this round require a disclaimer. :D :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote: Again, this is just my opinion, not a guarantee of future performance, comes with no guarantee or warranty, nor is this me talking down to anyone, etc. I feel like interactions with you this round require a disclaimer. :D :lol:
Lol... the only reason I argued with you is b/c you made your first post sound like "I'm voting for NAN because the stupid village let him go last round when they shouldn't have." But as i said, NAN had no value until the village actually moved votes around.

I'm arguing with others because they are taking what i said and twisting it to fit their arguments against me. If you go back and look, I didn't start the sdm vote. I threw out a theory to go after someone who isn't helping the village either way by not participating. I also never "defended" NAN but have argued against the reasoning for the vote.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

also, I am no familiar with the phrase "yellow curry" :D
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

4 - nan
1 - cupkeeper
2 - npv
1 - bhaw
1- troy loney
1 - corvidae
think that's right anyone wanna confirm?

12 to lynch
Last edited by mac5155 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

we're allowed to pull stuff from other threads, right?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

ya know mac, you might want to remove that broken quote from the end of your vote list... unless you are implying something about Corvi. :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
slappybrown wrote: Again, this is just my opinion, not a guarantee of future performance, comes with no guarantee or warranty, nor is this me talking down to anyone, etc. I feel like interactions with you this round require a disclaimer. :D :lol:
Lol... the only reason I argued with you is b/c you made your first post sound like "I'm voting for NAN because the stupid village let him go last round when they shouldn't have." But as i said, NAN had no value until the village actually moved votes around.

I'm arguing with others because they are taking what i said and twisting it to fit their arguments against me. If you go back and look, I didn't start the sdm vote. I threw out a theory to go after someone who isn't helping the village either way by not participating. I also never "defended" NAN but have argued against the reasoning for the vote.
I just didn't particularly understand why you took that way because it wasn't intended to be, but such are the limitations of the written word.

I just had some yellow curry with chicken for dinner. It was very good. :thumb:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

From the "ideas for next game thread" I found this rather interesting...
Zarovich wrote:
canaan wrote:i like to wait when im an rp baddy...it gets the village restless.
I like to kill Juice and Dagny whenever possible :thumb:
Dagny's dead already...I'm not saying its a direct indictment, but its something to think about...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

do we really have anything to go off of, or this this just a bunch of people trying to start different bandwagons?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

npv708 wrote:we're allowed to pull stuff from other threads, right?
uhm, yeah, sure, i guess?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:do we really have anything to go off of, or this this just a bunch of people trying to start different bandwagons?
I've never brought Zarovich up in this game until that last post...he just said in the ideas for next game thread that he likes to kill juice and dagny asap...juice isn't playing, but dags was killed pretty early...

I'm not sure if its enough for me to vote for Zaro, but the more I think about it the more I want to...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

count2infinity wrote:do we really have anything to go off of, or this this just a bunch of people trying to start different bandwagons?
Well, IMO the quotes I posted are a good starting point. If you don't agree, sort the thread by author and read all of Troy and TW's posts and see if you don't come to the same conclusion.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

lynch twisted wrister

I was suspicious of him during day 2 and he has done nothing to ease those suspicions.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

unlynch cupkeeper for now and lynch npv... seems like he's really stretching to get focus off of himself...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:unlynch cupkeeper for now and lynch npv... seems like he's really stretching to get focus off of himself...
how?
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

tfrizz wrote:I've got no problem with the Senka route. After 2 rounds of voting, he has yet to cast a single one (Twisted Wrister is the only other that hasn't). He's typically quiet, so nothing out of the ordinary there... but he is always dangerous because of that.

Any other thoughts?
tfrizz do you even read the thread at all. :face: You said Senka hasn't voted and neither did I. Meanwhile if you look at the page before theres my vote.

Has NAN even posted to defend himself?

He's likely just a blue guy and doesn't care.

Unlynch NAN

Lynch tfrizz
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

npv708 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:unlynch cupkeeper for now and lynch npv... seems like he's really stretching to get focus off of himself...
how?
i think zaro voted on you, and you said "if i was a bad guy..." which was weird. You had a whole big list of suspects that you think are the godfather of the mafia, and you even brought something from another thread in for questioning (against a guy that voted for you btw...)

just all seemed odd.