*for me, not with me

*voting for bad guys as a good guy
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
Why? Because NAN is obviously a bad guy? You know nothing more than the rest of us who know nothing unless you are the seer. NAN said one thing at night. Again, not defending nan but trying to figure out why it's so obvious we shouldn't have changed votes. What do we learn by bandwagoning active people?
Again -- what? My opinion is that we should have stayed on a NAN vote, especially once people started switching off of him because we could have gotten more information out of it for reasons people have already stated Who said he is "obviously" a bad guy, or that I know more than the rest of you? Go back and read the initial post I had. I don't know why you are being so oddly confrontational about an innocuous comment/opinion.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:
You're voting with me because I agreed that voting for quiet people is good (which I normally say) and huge lists are bad, but disagree that we can indite Senka for not posting much in one day?

Also, if you're bad at voting for good guys, does that mean you're saying I'm definitely a good guy? :?

Thanks?
Take that... maybe also revenge for mod killing a mod :evil:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

you're missing my vote for Azkar mac.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:Take that... maybe also revenge for mod killing a mod :evil:
No fair! We resurrected you!
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Indict.

People keep posting indite. Sorry, I HAD to say something. Spellerator alarm going off, and all.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Why? Because NAN is obviously a bad guy? You know nothing more than the rest of us who know nothing unless you are the seer. NAN said one thing at night. Again, not defending nan but trying to figure out why it's so obvious we shouldn't have changed votes. What do we learn by bandwagoning active people?
Again -- what? My opinion is that we should have stayed on a NAN vote, especially once people started switching off of him because we could have gotten more information out of it for reasons people have already stated Who said he is "obviously" a bad guy, or that I know more than the rest of you? Go back and read the initial post I had. I don't know why you are being so oddly confrontational about an innocuous comment/opinion.
That doesn't make sense. If we just went status quo and all just stayed with NAN, all we'd have is a random bandwagon vote. Maybe he's bad and the village got lucky but if everyone just voted NAN with no dissenting opinion, how do we gain anything from that? That's what makes no sense to me.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:4 - nan
1 - cupkeeper
2 - npv
1 - azkar
1 - corvidae/quote]
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

dagny wrote:Indict.

People keep posting indite. Sorry, I HAD to say something. Spellerator alarm going off, and all.
indite dagny
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

*Deleted posts from this thread will be reported to the game mod, to do as he sees fit. (Just like last game)*
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Looking back a little... npv did a lot of flip-flopping on Day 2, and throws out a fairly large list of "possible Godfathers" on Day 3. It seems like he's trying too hard not to seem suspicious.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
That doesn't make sense. If we just went status quo and all just stayed with NAN, all we'd have is a random bandwagon vote. Maybe he's bad and the village got lucky but if everyone just voted NAN with no dissenting opinion, how do we gain anything from that? That's what makes no sense to me.
Yes it does. KS pointed it out:
Kicksave wrote:I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.
Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Kicksave wrote:I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.
shall I translate this into "if NAN = baddie than bhaw = baddie"?
Maybe not so much bhaw but voting patterns don't lie. People who got on the nan bandwagon because they thought it was going to happen but jumped off to try and save one of hteir own when voting started rolling the other way.

voting patterns don't lie.
If you don't find it persuasive, that's fine. But as he points out, NAN is a value target now.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Anyways, I am going out to dinner. Have a good night guys.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

NO DELETING OF POSTS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU WERE. THIS IS YOUR FIRST AND LAST WARNING
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:
If you don't find it persuasive, that's fine. But as he points out, NAN is a value target now.
Ok, so you're saying it's good people switched, but the village should have switched back? The way you originally worded it was that the village should never have switched from NAN. If no one switched, a NAN kill would tell us nothing b/c it'd be a bandwagon.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

So wait...I call out Senka and he votes for me...nope...not suspicious @ all...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

tfrizz wrote:Looking back a little... npv did a lot of flip-flopping on Day 2, and throws out a fairly large list of "possible Godfathers" on Day 3. It seems like he's trying too hard not to seem suspicious.
Yes I did flip-flop alot...its day 2, I voted, then thought differently...its happens...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

oh and for anyone wondering about the list...its day 3 and that's what I got...I already gave my top 3 (Senka, MWB, cup keeper) and a vote for NAN (since I think it could open up alot)...anybody got anything better, please go right ahead...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Sticking with Azkar... Troy Loney and Twisted Wrister are my other suspicions after looking over the thread again.

I'm kinda on the fence in regards to NAN. Looking back, one of his posts seemed odd to me, but I dunno. Not ready to go in that direction yet.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Lynch bhaw for assaulting me and Misses Taft. I can handle just me but you leave the poor lady alone! She supports drinking, unlike her fat, ungrateful husband.

You're also acting similar to your wolf days, accusing many different people, thus causing :scared: (the bad, anti-village kind).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:Lynch bhaw for assaulting me and Misses Taft. I can handle just me but you leave the poor lady alone! She supports drinking, unlike her fat, ungrateful husband.

You're also acting similar to your wolf days, accusing many different people, thus causing :scared: (the bad, anti-village kind).
? i've only accused you and azkar. who else did i accuse?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Lynch bhaw for assaulting me and Misses Taft. I can handle just me but you leave the poor lady alone! She supports drinking, unlike her fat, ungrateful husband.

? i've only accused you and azkar. who else did i accuse?
You've directly accused me, Azkar, and even Senka (though you didn't vote for him). You've also started an argument with slappy. You came out firing at Senka and Azkar on day 1 for low posts. DAY 1! I agreed that a low poster is a good bet for day 1, but not normally active players who just haven't said much in 1 day.

Some proof...
bhaw wrote:I think Senka/Azkar make the most sense here. MWB maybe, but it's like cupkeeper. He's bad so often, the chances of him being bad yet again are pretty slim. Senka still hasn't said much for whatever reason. Azkar is being vague.

Who typically has feuds with dagny AND jaysmiter? Is there anyone?
For someone who says they're not good at voting for bad guys as a good guy, you've sure launched a lot of theories for only the second day. Also, you vote for me just about every game and I have still yet to be a bad guy.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

The post thing came about on day 2 :pop: And you, like jaysmiter, are changing what i said. I didn't say to vote for specific people because of low post count. I said we should get rid of people who are typically quiet throughout the first chunk of the game that give us nothing to go on. Several others agreed with me, and, as I said, i didn't come up with that strategy. I think Juice did many many games ago. I just suggested it.

the "fight" with slappy was apparently due to some poor wording on his part. he originally said the village should never have changed from nan but then explains it as being good people did but we should have lynched him day 2 anyways. now that that's clarified, I haven't pursued it any further.

senka has been brought up by other people way before me.

So it's wrong to try and come up with strategy on day 3? Instead we should just bandwagon the first 3 or 4 or 5 days until people decide they want to start thinking? I see how that's a terrible thing for the village... bad guys love the bandwagon votes because they don't have to do anything strategy wise and they can get out several people (in our case rps). Why would i even put myself out there on day 2 when NAN was a runaway vote until i said something?
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

bhaw wrote:I'm mafia, vote me off.

AND right HERE you said you were mafia!

wtf?!!?!?!
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Azkar wrote:
bhaw wrote:I'm mafia, vote me off.

AND right HERE you said you were mafia!

wtf?!!?!?!
I knew i shouldn't have said that... :scared:

You're good azkar... i have no idea how you picked up on that subtle mistake :lol: