History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by npv708 »

Kicksave wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:what if everyone PMed their top 3 suspects and then I could compile them
:scared:

Post an even number if you think bhaw is bad in the subject of a thread in the Penguins Jigsaw forum.
done.

wink. wink.
nudge. nudge.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:what if everyone PMed their top 3 suspects and then I could compile them
lol win
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

npv708 wrote:lynch Jaysmiter

Who the heck picks Stalin for an American History game?
npv708 wrote:unlynch jaysmiter (I actually agree with him on the NAN thing)
lynch NAN (partially because its NAN and partially because of the above)
These posts were 2 minutes apart... that's an awful quick change of heart.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Kicksave wrote:Actually, i'd look more at the people who swapped after you moreso than you. At first, at least. :pop:
So if NAN is bad, Troy, IE, and PFIDC are bad - listed in descending levels of badness probability. IE is like a photon. You can't measure both where she going and how fast.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i think they were so close together because jays posted his theory of nan night speaking in that time period
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

tfrizz wrote:
npv708 wrote:lynch Jaysmiter

Who the heck picks Stalin for an American History game?
npv708 wrote:unlynch jaysmiter (I actually agree with him on the NAN thing)
lynch NAN (partially because its NAN and partially because of the above)
These posts were 2 minutes apart... that's an awful quick change of heart.
First off, I went through and picked the only person that wasn't part of American History...so basically a random vote. Then I agreed with what was said about NAN. I was never that strong for/against either...
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Corvidae wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Actually, i'd look more at the people who swapped after you moreso than you. At first, at least. :pop:
So if NAN is bad, Troy, IE, and PFIDC are bad - listed in descending levels of badness probability. IE is like a photon. You can't measure both where she going and how fast.
i LOLed
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Kicksave wrote:I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.
shall I translate this into "if NAN = baddie than bhaw = baddie"?
Maybe not so much bhaw but voting patterns don't lie. People who got on the nan bandwagon because they thought it was going to happen but jumped off to try and save one of hteir own when voting started rolling the other way.

voting patterns don't lie.
Also, just curious but if you wanted to finish off nan, wouldn't this go counter to your last point? How can we get a voting pattern from those that don't vote? This is another reason (or clarification) as to why it would make sense to off someone who waits to participate. There is no voting pattern from them.

I find it funny that jay agrees with you but is so against what I'm saying. If vote pattern is important, why should we wait on a bunch of players who won't have ANY voting pattern?
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Everyone is mafia :scared:!!!!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Azkar wrote:Everyone is three 6 mafia :scared:!!!!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Corvidae wrote:
I explained my reasons for switching. bhaw was making really good point imo and I wanted to go with it. I'd rather have someone that is contributing than someone who is not. When you dont contribute you cant tell what they are. When someone posts, you can discern a pattern and gain evidence. But whatevs...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

bhaw wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
shall I translate this into "if NAN = baddie than bhaw = baddie"?
Maybe not so much bhaw but voting patterns don't lie. People who got on the nan bandwagon because they thought it was going to happen but jumped off to try and save one of hteir own when voting started rolling the other way.

voting patterns don't lie.
Also, just curious but if you wanted to finish off nan, wouldn't this go counter to your last point? How can we get a voting pattern from those that don't vote? This is another reason (or clarification) as to why it would make sense to off someone who waits to participate. There is no voting pattern from them.

I find it funny that jay agrees with you but is so against what I'm saying. If vote pattern is important, why should we wait on a bunch of players who won't have ANY voting pattern?
I just looked at the sample size. The majority of people have either voiced their opinion or voted already. sdm will still be quiet and will be there tomorrow.

My theory is this...

Random on days 1 and 2. Then once the numbers are down, then you start putting the presure on the quiet people to get them talking.

Very similar to yours.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Kicksave wrote: Random on days 1 and 2. Then once the numbers are down, then you start putting the presure on the quiet people to get them talking.

Very similar to yours.
Which if we lynch nan means we didn't random on day 1 or 2.... :pop:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:Also, just curious but if you wanted to finish off nan, wouldn't this go counter to your last point? How can we get a voting pattern from those that don't vote? This is another reason (or clarification) as to why it would make sense to off someone who waits to participate. There is no voting pattern from them.

I do agree with your way of thinking, but I would pick cupkeeper or MWB over sdm. Maybe that's just because cupkeeper and MWB often turn out to be cupkeeper and MWB. That certainly doesn't indite them this round, but it puts more of an image in my mind than sdm.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

crayz wrote:
Kicksave wrote: Random on days 1 and 2. Then once the numbers are down, then you start putting the presure on the quiet people to get them talking.

Very similar to yours.
Which if we lynch nan means we didn't random on day 1 or 2.... :pop:
lynching nan is as random as it gets. :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:Also, just curious but if you wanted to finish off nan, wouldn't this go counter to your last point? How can we get a voting pattern from those that don't vote? This is another reason (or clarification) as to why it would make sense to off someone who waits to participate. There is no voting pattern from them.

I do agree with your way of thinking, but I would pick cupkeeper or MWB over sdm. Maybe that's just because cupkeeper and MWB often turn out to be cupkeeper and MWB. That certainly doesn't indite them this round, but it puts more of an image in my mind than sdm.
I think you put their names in red on purpose trying to psychologically get people to vote for them. I'm serious.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

For now I'm going to unlynch sdm until things get a little more straightened out, but I want to say that I think it would be a great idea to go after 1 of cupkeeper, MWB, or Senka. They usually end up being bad in other games and are usually very good at it. I know when I was a boss godfather in Holiday Wars cupkeeper and MWB were extremely talented at figuring out things and helping the Scrooge family win.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

too many cooks in the kitchen
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

nice timing corvi... great minds...great minds...
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

lol this is :face:

it's day 2....we have very little to go on - we have some voting patterns that will be helpful in future days, but today its still off of one questionable post, quiet guy, or random.

let's just pick one and go with it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

crayz wrote:lol this is :face:

it's day 2....we have very little to go on - we have some voting patterns that will be helpful in future days, but today its still off of one questionable post, quiet guy, or random.

let's just pick one and go with it.
lynch crayz :pop:

thats not a vote and do not color it....
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I really think Cupkeeper or MWB should be the decision. They're both good players and could be dangerous as mafia. Extremely dangerous.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

PensFanInDC wrote:I think you put their names in red on purpose trying to psychologically get people to vote for them. I'm serious.

I don't know what you're talking about.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

net PFiDC