History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by jaysmiter »

*rather keep someone around
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kicksave wrote:I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.
shall I translate this into "if NAN = baddie than bhaw = baddie"?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

modus ponens? modus tollens?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

well at the same time... sdm is a baddie, people defending him should be held to scrutiny as well.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Kicksave wrote:I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.

although I don't want nan dead today....i almost agree with this.

Baddies would have jumped on the nan train....and I would clear myself

now...if somehow he is bad i know i'll have signed my own death warrant and epic :face:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

and again, I'm not defending nan... I'm throwing out another alternative way to come up with a "random" name in day 2 that at least serves a minimal benefit to the village. I've already put it out there that I'd be fine voting for nan to move the game along, but since we weren't at 13 out of 14 votes, there's a chance to go for another theory THAT HAS BEEN AGREED UPON IN THE PAST BY MANY MANY PLAYERS AS BEING A GOOD STRATEGY FOR THE FIRST FEW DAY VOTES BUT HAS NEVER BEEN USED.

I didn't invent this theory. It's been thrown out there multiple times. I'm just trying to put it to use.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

count2infinity wrote:well at the same time... sdm is a baddie, people defending him should be held to scrutiny as well.
I think scrutiny should be held to maagwa on the eve of All NAN's Day.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Maybe not so much bhaw but voting patterns don't lie. People who got on the nan bandwagon because they thought it was going to happen but jumped off to try and save one of hteir own when voting started rolling the other way.

voting patterns don't lie.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

bhaw wrote:
and again, I'm not defending nan... I'm throwing out another alternative way to come up with a "random" name in day 2 that at least serves a minimal benefit to the village. I've already put it out there that I'd be fine voting for nan to move the game along, but since we weren't at 13 out of 14 votes, there's a chance to go for another theory THAT HAS BEEN AGREED UPON IN THE PAST BY MANY MANY PLAYERS AS BEING A GOOD STRATEGY FOR THE FIRST FEW DAY VOTES BUT HAS NEVER BEEN USED.

I didn't invent this theory. It's been thrown out there multiple times. I'm just trying to put it to use.
I didn't mean just you. Voting patterns.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Maybe both NAN and sdm are bad...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Maybe not so much bhaw but voting patterns don't lie. People who got on the nan bandwagon because they thought it was going to happen but jumped off to try and save one of hteir own when voting started rolling the other way.

Sadly, I agree with you Kicksave.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Kicksave wrote:
bhaw wrote:

Yeah, saw your 2nd post after I posted. Fair enough.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

npv708 wrote:Maybe both NAN and sdm are bad...
mind=blown
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i feel like the quiet player debate always causes a rise from everyone. there are two schools of thought apparently
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

bhaw wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
bhaw wrote: and again, I'm not defending nan... I'm throwing out another alternative way to come up with a "random" name in day 2 that at least serves a minimal benefit to the village. I've already put it out there that I'd be fine voting for nan to move the game along, but since we weren't at 13 out of 14 votes, there's a chance to go for another theory THAT HAS BEEN AGREED UPON IN THE PAST BY MANY MANY PLAYERS AS BEING A GOOD STRATEGY FOR THE FIRST FEW DAY VOTES BUT HAS NEVER BEEN USED.

Yeah, saw your 2nd post after I posted. Fair enough.
Actually, i'd look more at the people who swapped after you moreso than you. At first, at least. :pop:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i feel like the quiet player debate always causes a rise from everyone. there are two schools of thought apparently
the right one = mine
the wrong one = everybody else

right?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Well, as much as I'd like to continue this debate right now...it's lunch time. See you cats in a bit.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Kicksave wrote:
Actually, i'd look more at the people who swapped after you moreso than you. At first, at least. :pop:
And I'll look at you looking at them but more so them than you and definitely more so them than me.

Yeah, I went there :pop:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Corvidae wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i feel like the quiet player debate always causes a rise from everyone. there are two schools of thought apparently

I've always thought it was better to go after the quiet ones earlier because of the same thing bhaw is saying.

You keep the talkers around, people who participate, because it will help you later in the game. You can see patterns. You can go back and view posts.

When it is the beginning of the game, and there isn't much to go on, take out the ones that don't participate because later in the game, you'll have nothing to go on.

Just has always been my thought.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

what if everyone PMed their top 3 suspects and then I could compile them
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:what if everyone PMed their top 3 suspects and then I could compile them
done.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:what if everyone PMed their top 3 suspects and then I could compile them
:scared:

Post an even number if you think bhaw is bad in the subject of a thread in the Penguins Jigsaw forum.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

and then post something in npr that has the number 235325 in it