Post by newarenanow »

lynch cupkeeper
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by crayz »

bhaw wrote:
count2infinity wrote:mwb and sdm are ALWAYS quiet the first few day phases...

always...
exactly... they don't help the village.
I wouldn't put MWB in that category necessarily, not a crazy huge poster but he does post some good stuff often. There are quieter ones for sure.

I agree with this...my random.org had azkar who fits the bill.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

how funny would it be if we voted cupkeeper out and this is the first time in 10 games that he's good. not really funny...more ironic.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i agree with bhaw....especially with nan's subtle defenses, i think a baddie would try harder to defend the vote.

I think it makes sense to get the quieter people out as soon as possible for the reasons he stated above, it's best to get people off the list that haven't given off any information.

unlynch nan

lynch sdm
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:azkar has 2 posts: one :scared: emote and one lynch thg vote with nothing else
senka has 2 posts with no substance or votes
sdm has 0 posts
mwb has 0 posts
slappy - nix that... has posts
relantel has 2 posts: one vote for cupkeeper and one vote saying he's doing it to lynch someone other than thg
I agree with jay that's it's way too early for post counts.

I would prefer a CK or MWB vote to NAN, as they often stay under the radar as bad guys. However, NAN is NAN.

There's a significant drop off after that.
but isn't it weird that someone like senka is as quiet as he is? I'm not saying 0 posts makes anyone bad right now. I'm saying that if they aren't talking now, we have nothing to go on for them when we need to make harder decisions. At least now with NAN we have some stuff to go off of when the votes get harder. It's easier, when weighing two people, to judge based on what they have been posting. When you have one person who has been talking and one person who has said nothing, it's harder to compare a thread of posts to no talking at all.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:but isn't it weird that someone like senka is as quiet as he is? I'm not saying 0 posts makes anyone bad right now. I'm saying that if they aren't talking now, we have nothing to go on for them when we need to make harder decisions. At least now with NAN we have some stuff to go off of when the votes get harder. It's easier, when weighing two people, to judge based on what they have been posting. When you have one person who has been talking and one person who has said nothing, it's harder to compare a thread of posts to no talking at all.
Senka actually did post in here, twice I believe.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

bhaw is an EXCELLENT player. I think I want to follow him on this but I hate switching my vote especially if there isn't a clear alternative.

Do you want to make a declaration as to who we off instead bhaw?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

lynch sdm

As much fun as everyone seems to have in lynching nan, I don't want to go that route. He's defended himself to the point where I think he is ok.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Crayz, is this payback for not trusting you last game? :cry:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:i agree with bhaw....especially with nan's subtle defenses, i think a baddie would try harder to defend the vote.

I think it makes sense to get the quieter people out as soon as possible for the reasons he stated above, it's best to get people off the list that haven't given off any information.

unlynch nan

lynch sdm
I'll switch to sdm. He's always quiet to start the game.

I wouldn't go after Senka just yet. He usually will jump in soon and post away. He's another one that will be more help than bad later. But if he is still quiet in a few days, then definitely go after him.

Again, if I'm around and you guys still have questions about me, then go ahead and get rid of me in a few days.

unlynch cupkeeper

lynch sdm
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

lynch sdm
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:but isn't it weird that someone like senka is as quiet as he is? I'm not saying 0 posts makes anyone bad right now. I'm saying that if they aren't talking now, we have nothing to go on for them when we need to make harder decisions. At least now with NAN we have some stuff to go off of when the votes get harder. It's easier, when weighing two people, to judge based on what they have been posting. When you have one person who has been talking and one person who has said nothing, it's harder to compare a thread of posts to no talking at all.
Senka actually did post in here, twice I believe.
just as I said in the post count. Both have been unsubstantial and he didn't vote. He just wished the night talkers dies via random monster (ironically at night :lol: ). He may not have been on yet, but Senka is usually more active.

If the majority want NAN out, that's fine... I'll help move the game along, but let's at least consider other options or some other way to find someone other than the predetermined NAN and thg votes.

sdm, to me, is the one who is always quiet and makes the most sense to move out now so we don't have to say on day 6 "Where's sdm?" and finally get something out of him. MWB will talk, but he's a pretty sneaky bad guy when he's bad.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

lynch sdm for all my reasoning so far.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

So much for like old times. :D

I'm always good with getting rid of the quiet people first.

unlynch NAN for now. :twisted:
lynch sdm
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Also, I think it should be noted that if sdm is a role player either way, he should pop up here soon as he's had to keep tabs on day/night cycles.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm going to stick with cupkeeper, as he always seems to be a baddie. i would change to sdm though if we need someone for the bomb possibilities...i'm just a townie so i'd rather it be me than an RP.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I can't believe you guys are going off of post count on day 2. Unreal.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The reasoning for the sdm vote is better than the nan vote, which sucks cause now Im out of the "lynch nan" club......for now

unlynch nan
lynch sdm
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm down with OPP, ya you know me.

I'm also down with switching my NAN vote...

unlynch NAN
lynch sdm

I mean, what does sdm stand for anyways? sadistic dog murderer? satan's dumbest minion? slugiest dude mentor?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jaysmiter wrote:I can't believe you guys are going off of post count on day 2. Unreal.
it's not post count... it's the fact that sdm always waits until late in the game to participate.

you are going off of one post by nan that tells us nothing either way... that's just as unreal. I'm not saying I have a feeling sdm is a bad guy. I'm saying that if he's a regular villager, it's a minimal loss since we won't know anything about him until later in the week anything when he pops up.

You seem to be claiming that your idea is better, so you either know something or really want to push for NAN for your own reasons and possibly set me up for the following kill.

I'm not pushing sdm... I'm pushing the idea of getting rid of a quiet person who won't give us indications either way of what side they are on.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

If you guys think that someone coming out and talking at night saying "Oh darn guys...the seer is dead!" isn't better than "well, sdm hasn't posted yet on day 2"...this is going to be a short game.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Just fyi, I checked sdm's profile and he hasn't posted anywhere on lgp since 8am yesterday so it's not like he's posting away elsewhere and avoiding this thread.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I almost think we should stick wtih nan now because if he ends up bad, we can look at who staunchly defended him.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jaysmiter wrote:If you guys think that someone coming out and talking at night saying "Oh darn guys...the seer is dead!" isn't better than "well, sdm hasn't posted yet on day 2"...this is going to be a short game.
if that's what you gather from my dozen or so posts, you either aren't listening or you are intentionally spinning what I'm saying.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

SDM doesn't wait until the end, but whatever. That's beside the point.

I would rather someone who is quiet than someone who talks at night.