*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by jwienand »

jaysmiter wrote:Man...as I said in the dead thread, I think I gave myself a mild concussion from the amount of face-palming I did.

Whoever's call it was to kill me, :thumb: :thumb: because I had cupkeeper and jwie pegged. Sadly, it took my death to really solidify those two in my eyes.

Jwie, I knew you were bad because not only were you posting at night, you were just trying to goad information out of people. You weren't adding anything to the discussion...just egging people on. Amazingly, it worked. CK, refer to my post earlier on why I knew you were bad...you were a pie chart away from getting the ax. :pop:

The bad guys were absolutely right in keeping Azkar alive. When Azkar said "I can't be killed at night and I'll fade away after some time" it was a free pass to create all kinds of doubt and suspicion down the road. If Azkar was in the final three, this game would be a jelly win.

The funniest part for me was watching the village completely implode with very little influence by the jellies. There was a point where none of the jellies were doing anything and the remaining villagers were just acting all the fool.
The 1 night I posted alot I had to cause of a package I opened.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

jwienand wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Man...as I said in the dead thread, I think I gave myself a mild concussion from the amount of face-palming I did.

Whoever's call it was to kill me, :thumb: :thumb: because I had cupkeeper and jwie pegged. Sadly, it took my death to really solidify those two in my eyes.

Jwie, I knew you were bad because not only were you posting at night, you were just trying to goad information out of people. You weren't adding anything to the discussion...just egging people on. Amazingly, it worked. CK, refer to my post earlier on why I knew you were bad...you were a pie chart away from getting the ax. :pop:

The bad guys were absolutely right in keeping Azkar alive. When Azkar said "I can't be killed at night and I'll fade away after some time" it was a free pass to create all kinds of doubt and suspicion down the road. If Azkar was in the final three, this game would be a jelly win.

The funniest part for me was watching the village completely implode with very little influence by the jellies. There was a point where none of the jellies were doing anything and the remaining villagers were just acting all the fool.
The 1 night I posted alot I had to cause of a package I opened.
Either way...the times you did post at night it worked for you. For whatever reason, people had no problems just freely giving up information then.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

No doubt, the amount of night talking this game was amazing.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:No doubt, the amount of night talking this game was amazing.
It also makes sense as to why the nights took so long. The longer you guys waited, the more information you could glean. You guys did well, no doubt.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

That was why I pushed for the shaf vote, even though I didn't think he was a jelly.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote:
It also makes sense as to why the nights took so long. The longer you guys waited, the more information you could glean. You guys did well, no doubt.
Yeah, I think both cup keeper and jw waited awhile to send in kills when they were the head jelly.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

MWB wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
Yeah, I think both cup keeper and jw waited awhile to send in kills when they were the head jelly.
I was never head jelly, but I was the bad seer so a few times I took my good ol' time.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

we had one night phase that was delayed because beerman didn't know he hadn't sent his choice on the devices and was gone all night. Also thg didn't know he could net on night 3 even though he skipped night 2 (and thus had a net) which held us up. Looking abck the description of the vig may have been a bit misleading... it was really the standard vigilante role.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

CK made one big mistake IMO at the end of the game.

It seemed like the final bad jelly was slow on sending in PM's....which makes someone like CK a good target as he isn't on that much. The final night though it was instant, and CK had just been online.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Really did Canaan bringing up my name make people wonder??? I was so pissed when he did cause there was zero speculation on me before that. Canaan you SOB!!! :D
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

crayz wrote:CK made one big mistake IMO at the end of the game.

It seemed like the final bad jelly was slow on sending in PM's....which makes someone like CK a good target as he isn't on that much. The final night though it was instant, and CK had just been online.
All 3 of the final nights were instant btw. He had his kill in within minutes of the writeups.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jwienand wrote:Really did Canaan bringing up my name make people wonder??? I was so pissed when he did cause there was zero speculation on me before that. Canaan you SOB!!! :D
I had been watching you because you had a lot of posts but hadn't really said much (if that makes sense). But I wasn't convinced of your jelly-ness until the TW vote.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

CK had a huge mistake (at least to me) when he said 'Just switch to Azkar instead of letting the coin flip happen" or something to that effect. I was baffled that no one called him on that.

He did, however, follow it up with a nice move exploiting kicksave's fascination with the seashell buddies "theory".
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I was on but lost it at the end. :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:

CK had a huge mistake (at least to me) when he said 'Just switch to Azkar instead of letting the coin flip happen" or something to that effect. I was baffled that no one called him on that.

He did, however, follow it up with a nice move exploiting kicksave's fascination with the seashell buddies "theory".
I thought ck had a couple slip ups, in particular showing up immediately after being called out several times, but he was lucky that the resort was so knee jerk and :scared: that he never got a lot of attention thrown his way.

Barely posting the whole game but then showing up and contributing a lot toward the end is a total baddie move. It's what got me in SW1 (though that wasn't my original game plan - do not get sick if you are the Alpha Slug :lol: ).
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

wallflower wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

I thought ck had a couple slip ups, in particular showing up immediately after being called out several times, but he was lucky that the resort was so knee jerk and :scared: that he never got a lot of attention thrown his way.

Barely posting the whole game but then showing up and contributing a lot toward the end is a total baddie move. It's what got me in SW1 (though that wasn't my original game plan - do not get sick if you are the Alpha Slug :lol: ).
Well, yeah. Unfortunately no one was around to pie chart him.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:Well, yeah. Unfortunately no one was around to pie chart him.
I said that to twc earlier today. :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

wallflower wrote:t was so knee jerk and :scared: that he never got a lot of attention thrown his way.

I think he does that every game though.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

beerman wrote:so canaan, the night I sent you the package pavel came out the next day and said he recieved one. Why did you guys do that? Just to try and figure out where they were coming from or what? As soon as I read his post I told wf the two of you were both bad, and luckily she was able to keep some heat on you guys for a couple days while I wasn't able to vote and then do nothing but discuss ginger v maryann.

I'm pretty sure Pavel was just trying to find out info on packages and who might have one. Also, to endear himself to me, since I was the one who brought up the use of items.

I never received anything. I only came up with the discussion cuz of my research. Pavel used that to his advantage. I was sure he was good, until canaan and mac were auto killed. Then I knew Pavel lied about the package, but I was already dead, thanks to the stellar vig.

And, if anyone ever looked at the game OP, it says that packages are being delivered and nobody knows what's in them. I didn't see that til after I was dead, too.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

dagny wrote:
beerman wrote:so canaan, the night I sent you the package pavel came out the next day and said he recieved one. Why did you guys do that? Just to try and figure out where they were coming from or what? As soon as I read his post I told wf the two of you were both bad, and luckily she was able to keep some heat on you guys for a couple days while I wasn't able to vote and then do nothing but discuss ginger v maryann.

I'm pretty sure Pavel was just trying to find out info on packages and who might have one. Also, to endear himself to me, since I was the one who brought up the use of items.

I never received anything. I only came up with the discussion cuz of my research. Pavel used that to his advantage. I was sure he was good, until canaan and mac were auto killed. Then I knew Pavel lied about the package, but I was already dead, thanks to the stellar vig.

And, if anyone ever looked at the game OP, it says that packages are being delivered and nobody knows what's in them. I didn't see that til after I was dead, too.
:lol: Yeah, was more a ploy to try and look good. If I hadn't been working the next day I was going to say that I didn't die for mentioning them because I was the one making them.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

canaan wrote:talking at night shouldn't be prohibited, but villagers are dumb to do so.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:What was the actual "rule" they were supposed to follow... that all of their posts had to be about a specific thing? That was one of the best aspects of the game.
Yes We laid out some silly thing that all of their posts had to follow that day. They were also not allowed to tell the village why they were doing it (which is why canaan got axed by an extremly PO'd bhaw :pop: )

LITT's post where he laid out the 5 year plan was my favorite of the game... beerman did an honorable job as well. canaan did a good job other than the whole package dealio... which is unfortunate.
FWIW, I thought the way canaan circumvented the don't tell rule was very clever, and no different than LITT's getting npv to answer his question by posting a number in npr.

Most people didn't even notice canaan's messages, to the point that they were almost overlooked.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:What was the actual "rule" they were supposed to follow... that all of their posts had to be about a specific thing? That was one of the best aspects of the game.
Yes We laid out some silly thing that all of their posts had to follow that day. They were also not allowed to tell the village why they were doing it (which is why canaan got axed by an extremly PO'd bhaw :pop: )

LITT's post where he laid out the 5 year plan was my favorite of the game... beerman did an honorable job as well. canaan did a good job other than the whole package dealio... which is unfortunate.
FWIW, I thought the way canaan circumvented the don't tell rule was very clever, and no different than LITT's getting npv to answer his question by posting a number in npr.

Most people didn't even notice canaan's messages, to the point that they were almost overlooked.
It might have been clever but still very against the rules. Everyone else (well, aside from mac :lol: ) followed the rules.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

dagny wrote:FWIW, I thought the way canaan circumvented the don't tell rule was very clever, and no different than LITT's getting npv to answer his question by posting a number in npr.

It was very clever. However, we never specified that you couldn't ask someone to post a thread in NPR, whereas canaan was sent a PM with all caps stating he could NOT inform the village why he was acting that way.

I was on the fence in regards to what we should do because I hated having to mod-kill anyone. However, bhaw had the cajones to step in and do what needed done there.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:
dagny wrote:FWIW, I thought the way canaan circumvented the don't tell rule was very clever, and no different than LITT's getting npv to answer his question by posting a number in npr.

It was very clever. However, we never specified that you couldn't ask someone to post a thread in NPR, whereas canaan was sent a PM with all caps stating he could NOT inform the village why he was acting that way.

I was on the fence in regards to what we should do because I hated having to mod-kill anyone. However, bhaw had the cajones to step in and do what needed done there.
yeah, there were people definitely playing in grey areas for this game. we only axed the people who explicitly broke rules that were spelled out for them. it annoyed the hell out of me that people were going against the rules, but i was getting even more pissed when people started trying to catch anyone who tiptoed a rule. we were getting pms from a bunch of people saying "so and so said this, I think you should kill them." The point of the game is to play it out, not get the mods to kill off people for every minor thing... I felt like collie campbell for a bit... reviewing questionable posts and having to make subjective decisions.