*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:btw... congrats to beerman and litt for their excellent jobs at working with the stuff they had to do on a couple days. the marianne vs ginger thing and litt's 5 year plan were excellent reads :)
What was the actual "rule" they were supposed to follow... that all of their posts had to be about a specific thing? That was one of the best aspects of the game.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

oh and btw, i still laugh at the fact the jellies let THG alive after they knew his role since day 1. They knew he did more damage then good lol
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

I predict all future games will ban night talking again.
I think the bigger thing that has to be banned first is talking in chat. That seems to cause issues every game.
I completely agree with this, but I don't think it can really happen, can it?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Mods: What would my package have done if I would have opened it?

Kicksave: I was sure you were bad when you lied and said I voted for THG after he came out, which wasn't true. I was gunning for you via Voices of the Dead because I thought you were lying because you were a bad guy. Then today when you went after "good guy" Azkar after earlier being all "OMG, anyone who targets a good player in THG must be evilzz!!!!!!" I was freaking out thinking you were going to win the game for the bad jellies. :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

What I would like an answer to is: why did people think when people (ie. canaan, beerman & LITT) started speaking jibberish that it meant they had been converted? That still baffles me.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

beerman wrote:
right that's why I would've killed you pretty quickly after I found out who you were, I never get why people say "BUT WE CAN'T KILL A GOOD RP THAT'S JUST DUMB!!!" about the vig, because in 95% of the games they do way more harm than good. And usually if they do more good they're just on a big roll.

I think juice wiped out a bunch of people as the vig one game no?
Completely agree. I was catching heat for killing and when I held onto a kill I was still catching heat. It is a lose lose, and people start in fighting because of it.

In my opinion it is a terrible role to have.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

wallflower wrote:
crayz wrote:I still don't understand why people weren't believing Azkar....but they believed what pavel and canaan told Azkar

how the *$#$# does that make sense?

Azkar's role is fake...but what he is telling us is true?!?!?!?!
It drove me nuts that people believed what Pavel & canaan said. And it's why if I had been in Azkar's shoes I wouldn't have spoken with the dead jellies: they're not going to tell you anything to hurt their jelly buddies.

Thats what made me think he was bad at the end. That and he said he lied about dying at night and then got pissy when he started getting votes against him.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I think you are all losing sight of the most important thing -- the lulz, people, the lulz.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:What was the actual "rule" they were supposed to follow... that all of their posts had to be about a specific thing? That was one of the best aspects of the game.
Yes We laid out some silly thing that all of their posts had to follow that day. They were also not allowed to tell the village why they were doing it (which is why canaan got axed by an extremly PO'd bhaw :pop: )

LITT's post where he laid out the 5 year plan was my favorite of the game... beerman did an honorable job as well. canaan did a good job other than the whole package dealio... which is unfortunate.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

crayz wrote:oh and btw, i still laugh at the fact the jellies let THG alive after they knew his role since day 1. They knew he did more damage then good lol
No doubt it was a smart move. This was the 4th time I played this game online and probably know 5% of what I should be doing because of all the early kills. I wanted to help and I ended up digging my own grave. Again smart move by the jellys. :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hockeynut! wrote:Mods: What would my package have done if I would have opened it?
You were allowed to find out who said one of the "Messages from the dead".

You tried to use it before that had started... so you obviously couldn't. :)
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:What was the actual "rule" they were supposed to follow... that all of their posts had to be about a specific thing? That was one of the best aspects of the game.
Yes We laid out some silly thing that all of their posts had to follow that day. They were also not allowed to tell the village why they were doing it (which is why canaan got axed by an extremly PO'd bhaw :pop: )

LITT's post where he laid out the 5 year plan was my favorite of the game... beerman did an honorable job as well. canaan did a good job other than the whole package dealio... which is unfortunate.
having those was a ton of fun, I wish I would've read my pm sooner but I came into work saw it and there was a writeup not long after that so I really only had a short time to act it out.

LiTT did an awesome job with his, I was cracking up everytime I read one of his posts
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

wallflower wrote:What I would like an answer to is: why did people think when people (ie. canaan, beerman & LITT) started speaking jibberish that it meant they had been converted? That still baffles me.
I was wondering this and why people kept believing IE was the "liaison."

Also, IE, you said that you protected THG one night and he didn't know it, or something to that effect. What did you mean by that? I switched my vote from you after you said that and was hoping to write about it the next day, but I was dead before I could say anything.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Well then, does that consider the vig a fail this game?
Come again?

You saying that you didn't know who to kill, as it was a touch choice on most nights, and you said earlier that the Vig, knows what he wants.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I still regret that jwie died before he could use his second package... that was going to be fun. :pop:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

the wicked child wrote:I still regret that jwie died before he could use his second package... that was going to be fun. :pop:
I can't wait to find out what that one actually was/did. :pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:

Awesome... yeah, they did a really good job.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
crayz wrote:oh and btw, i still laugh at the fact the jellies let THG alive after they knew his role since day 1. They knew he did more damage then good lol
No doubt it was a smart move. This was the 4th time I played this game online and probably know 5% of what I should be doing because of all the early kills. I wanted to help and I ended up digging my own grave. Again smart move by the jellys. :thumb:
Part of the move was also to continue to cause doubt about you and kicksave, but then people were just figuring that we were letting you live because of bad kills, so it didn't work out for us completely.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:Also, IE, you said that you protected THG one night and he didn't know it, or something to that effect. What did you mean by that? I switched my vote from you after you said that and was hoping to write about it the next day, but I was dead before I could say anything.
She had a package where if 3 different people (not including IE or thg) didn't post smilies that day, he would commit suicide. Corvi even laid out a "ranking" system for smilies... ie. :D = 1 smilie, whereas :) = .5 smilie

She also was NOT allowed to ask anyone or tell them about it. Fortunately for THG, like 4 people posted :lol: smilies jsut a page or 2 into the day.
Last edited by the wicked child on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Technically, I didn't actually do anything. I opened a package where I had to get so many smileys posted during the day or THG would blow his brains out because he was depressed. Everyone ended up posting smileys on their own that day, and he was saved.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

:(
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

IrishEyes wrote:Technically, I didn't actually do anything. I opened a package where I had to get so many smileys posted during the day or THG would blow his brains out because he was depressed. Everyone ended up posting smileys on their own that day, and he was saved.
man, if we would have just not smiled for a day we woulda won sooner :p
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I can't wait to see what the other packages were. I think the jellies were at a little bit of a disadvantage with the crayz tourist/traveler find, but maybe some of the packages could've helped us out. Also didn't help that so many people were so confident that there weren't any conversions because it didn't say so in the write-up. Every time someone died blue and came back to life people were pretty confident they were still blue.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

MWB wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Part of the move was also to continue to cause doubt about you and kicksave, but then people were just figuring that we were letting you live because of bad kills, so it didn't work out for us completely.
It was obvious that was why he was still alive and, honestly, the vig is usually more helpful to the bad guys than the good. (Though I remember a really epically good vig in the first mafia game - that was jwie, wasn't it?) It would've been okay if people would've just ignored what he was saying but, much like the night talking, we know how that turned out. :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I can't believe it actually got to the last 3. Game was heavily weighted to the town's side.