*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by wallflower »

bhaw wrote:
wallflower wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

I predict all future games will ban night talking again.
Fingers crossed.
what good is banning night talking if people still talk in chat? at least with night talking, people say what they want where it can be recorded in the thread instead of in chat where only select people see it if they happen to log in at the right time.
Oh, I definitely do not disagree.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

bhaw wrote:
count2infinity wrote:good job mods. that was a fun game!. .. i was really pissed at my second death though.

for those that don't know, the mods never told me i got a package, and then when i died because i opened said package i was confused... apparently the mods thought since i didn't reply that meant i wanted to open it, which killed me, so i received a package, opened the package, and then died, all without me knowing about it.
that was a corvi-error :pop:
I have to take partial blame because I read the writeup before he posted it. I just assumed c2i had opened the package since Corvi included it. I had to somewhat talk c2i down off the clock tower after that one. :lol:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:
bhaw wrote:
count2infinity wrote:good job mods. that was a fun game!. .. i was really pissed at my second death though.

for those that don't know, the mods never told me i got a package, and then when i died because i opened said package i was confused... apparently the mods thought since i didn't reply that meant i wanted to open it, which killed me, so i received a package, opened the package, and then died, all without me knowing about it.
that was a corvi-error :pop:
I have to take partial blame because I read the writeup before he posted it. I just assumed c2i had opened the package since Corvi included it. I had to somewhat talk c2i down off the clock tower after that one. :lol:
Is this why he came back to life the 2nd time?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

bhaw wrote:
wallflower wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

Fingers crossed.
what good is banning night talking if people still talk in chat? at least with night talking, people say what they want where it can be recorded in the thread instead of in chat where only select people see it if they happen to log in at the right time.
I've been in chat during most of the day while these days happen. During no time did actual strategy take place.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

People need to take responsibility. No one should be talking strategy at night/chat. If you want to comment on the write-up or lulz at past events fine...but no reason that anyone talks strategy outside the thread during day hours.

it's sad you have to say "ban on chat and night talking" - just be responsible people!
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What I disliked the most about the Vig role was that I could kill good RP's. I was sold that Dagny was an RP, but assumed she was bad. I wish that if I put in a kill for a good RP it would come back as a no kill.

What I took from this game as the Vig is to not use your kills. Never has I 100% sure and once everyone knew my role there was a lot of in fighting that had me distracted.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I honestly forgot it was night when I outed beerman :(
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

thehockeyguru wrote:What I disliked the most about the Vig role was that I could kill good RP's. I was sold that Dagny was an RP, but assumed she was bad. I wish that if I put in a kill for a good RP it would come back as a no kill.
That's the whole point of the vigilante...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

wallflower wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:What I disliked the most about the Vig role was that I could kill good RP's. I was sold that Dagny was an RP, but assumed she was bad. I wish that if I put in a kill for a good RP it would come back as a no kill.
Then it really isnt a help to the village, it would have to be considered an independent because you are far more likely to kill a villager than a baddie.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:

What I disliked the most about the Vig role was that I could kill good RP's. I was sold that Dagny was an RP, but assumed she was bad. I wish that if I put in a kill for a good RP it would come back as a no kill.

What I took from this game as the Vig is to not use your kills. Never has I 100% sure and once everyone knew my role there was a lot of in fighting that had me distracted.
Why did you kill others at times when there was a consensus for you to do something else?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

relantel wrote:Is this why he came back to life the 2nd time?
Well, not really. His package, when opened, would automatically kill him, and he would be reborn 2 days later. The thing is, he hadn't asked to open it yet... so he shouldn't have "died" yet.

The first time was beerman using the Time machine, thus resetting to Day 1. BTW, we almost went major groundhog day on you and just reposted the first writeup, but I deemed it would be TOO evil. :twisted:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

talking at night shouldn't be prohibited, but villagers are dumb to do so.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

thehockeyguru wrote:
wallflower wrote:
Then it really isnt a help to the village, it would have to be considered an independent because you are far more likely to kill a villager than a baddie.
:face:

You described the vig perfectly. Good guy who does what he thinks is best for the city...right or wrong.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Why did you kill others at times when there was a consensus for you to do something else?
If you give me a scenario I can try and explain.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

thehockeyguru wrote:Then it really isnt a help to the village, it would have to be considered an independent because you are far more likely to kill a villager than a baddie.
The vigilante is a double-edged sword for the village. You are far more likely to get good guys, just by the numbers game.

What you CAN do, however, is use your kills to diffuse situations or answer questions.

I actually thought your npv kill was a good move, even though he was just a regular because it answered that question for the resort. I was stunned by the dagny one though since I am pretty sure Azkar pointed out that she was clear. (unless I misread)
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Azkar wrote:I honestly forgot it was night when I outed beerman :(
You forgot a lot of things, which made you more suspicious than you needed to be.

That ending was nutz. Thank god it wasn't IE, she really had me worried even though I trusted her throughout. I was gonna be so pissed at myself if she was bad.

Nice job Cupkeeper flying under the radar as usual...should've had you sooner.

Nice job mods!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:

Honestly I can't remember now, but there were 3 or 4 people that wanted you to kill so and so, and you went off and killed someone else.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

I still don't understand why people weren't believing Azkar....but they believed what pavel and canaan told Azkar

how the *$#$# does that make sense?

Azkar's role is fake...but what he is telling us is true?!?!?!?!
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

only 8 pages off the record of SW1
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

crayz wrote:

You described the vig perfectly. Good guy who does what he thinks is best for the city...right or wrong.[/quote]

No need to argue semantics, but a true vigilante knows who his/her targets are.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

crayz wrote:I still don't understand why people weren't believing Azkar....but they believed what pavel and canaan told Azkar

how the *$#$# does that make sense?

Azkar's role is fake...but what he is telling us is true?!?!?!?!
It drove me nuts that people believed what Pavel & canaan said. And it's why if I had been in Azkar's shoes I wouldn't have spoken with the dead jellies: they're not going to tell you anything to hurt their jelly buddies.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
crayz wrote:

You described the vig perfectly. Good guy who does what he thinks is best for the city...right or wrong.
No need to argue semantics, but a true vigilante knows who his/her targets are.[/quote]

Well then, does that consider the vig a fail this game?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Honestly I can't remember now, but there were 3 or 4 people that wanted you to kill so and so, and you went off and killed someone else.
Yeah I know what you mean. It seemed every night I had a choice to make because 3 different people were suspicious of 3 different targets.

Usually I had my top 3 and would ask Kicksave for his top 3 and would see who we both had.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

thehockeyguru wrote:
wallflower wrote:
right that's why I would've killed you pretty quickly after I found out who you were, I never get why people say "BUT WE CAN'T KILL A GOOD RP THAT'S JUST DUMB!!!" about the vig, because in 95% of the games they do way more harm than good. And usually if they do more good they're just on a big roll.

I think juice wiped out a bunch of people as the vig one game no?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Well then, does that consider the vig a fail this game?
Come again?