*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by beerman »

so canaan, the night I sent you the package pavel came out the next day and said he recieved one. Why did you guys do that? Just to try and figure out where they were coming from or what? As soon as I read his post I told wf the two of you were both bad, and luckily she was able to keep some heat on you guys for a couple days while I wasn't able to vote and then do nothing but discuss ginger v maryann.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

beerman wrote:
bhaw wrote:Just for some fun... the first "cloud conference" that had everyone all :scared: was due to this...

mac opened a package that was a time warp to skip the next day phase. At the same time, beerman opened a time machine that took us back to the previous day phase. So we were trying to figure out how that would work :lol:
that should've just created a black hole -- game over
The option was on the table. :pop:

We were debating between trying to do both but figured that it wouldn't have the impact if we basically ended up where we were supposed to be but c2i was alive again. fortunately for us, mac messed up the pm, so we blamed him and went with beerman's package.

the fact that c2i came back right away then beerman gave him a package that killed him immediately and resurrected him 2 days later was very awesome. it was random... beerman had no idea but it worked perfectly.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I hope death welcomes me as a friend. We are going to be meeting awfully quick in the coming games.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I was frustrated and really kind of half-*kittens*ed after Azkar outed beerman.

The funny thing is, the TW vote & netting made everything clear to me and I considered switching to cup keeper instead but I really wanted out of the game and thought people would pay closer attention to that vote (where, IMO, cup keeper, jwie & MWB were all really obvious).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

For the record, our main goal with the seashell buddies, Voices of the Dead & Miss Cleo was to keep everyone involved in the game. shafnutz was the only one who got a bad seashell buddy. sucks to be him. :pop:
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

wallflower wrote:I was frustrated and really kind of half-*kittens*ed after Azkar outed beerman.

The funny thing is, the TW vote & netting made everything clear to me and I considered switching to cup keeper instead but I really wanted out of the game and thought people would pay closer attention to that vote (where, IMO, cup keeper, jwie & MWB were all really obvious).
Yeah... I kinda thought that beerman had been converted after he got that package though :(
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Corvi came up with the seashell buddies idea very early on... we're talking right after Holiday Wars was over. It had nothing to do with the "who's online" thing, but it amused me that people thought it did.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

beerman... you picked a lot of significant packages at the beginning. we had a lot of random stuff in there to prevent things from getting too crazy, but you picked all the crazy stuff in your first few nights. it's a shame you couldn't vote the day you had the missile. that would have been fun.

we had packages that evened it out for the bad side, but beerman didn't pick any of them.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

the wicked child wrote:For the record, our main goal with the seashell buddies, Voices of the Dead & Miss Cleo was to keep everyone involved in the game. shafnutz was the only one who got a bad seashell buddy. sucks to be him. :pop:
Which reminds me. Sorry for netting you, shaf. But I thought it was the best thing for the resort - I didn't think you were a jelly but you were creating a lot of ruckus at night & people would've never let the seashell buddies and defense of Pavel thing go.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

wallflower wrote:I was frustrated and really kind of half-*kittens*ed after Azkar outed beerman.

what really sucked is then when you opened the package and revealed yourself, when Azkar tried to talk to me I just told him I didn't have a seashell buddy just to keep your name clean and then that happened.

But yeah Azkar I'm getting some revenge kill on you in the future :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

bhaw wrote:we had packages that evened it out for the bad side, but beerman didn't pick any of them.
This. We would have had 2 more bad guys (maybe even separate factions) otherwise due to the number of people. However, there were some crazy things for the bad side in there that just got missed.

Corvi will be posting the full list of devices and such in the Luau thread.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

bhaw wrote:beerman... you picked a lot of significant packages at the beginning. we had a lot of random stuff in there to prevent things from getting too crazy, but you picked all the crazy stuff in your first few nights. it's a shame you couldn't vote the day you had the missile. that would have been fun.

we had packages that evened it out for the bad side, but beerman didn't pick any of them.
I think I would've just went through and kept netting and unnetting until somebody died lol

I kept waiting for something really bad to happen, I'm glad it didn't
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

beerman wrote:

what really sucked is then when you opened the package and revealed yourself, when Azkar tried to talk to me I just told him I didn't have a seashell buddy just to keep your name clean and then that happened.
In the end it didn't really matter though because jwie had "seen" me and the jellies knew my role.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

btw... congrats to beerman and litt for their excellent jobs at working with the stuff they had to do on a couple days. the marianne vs ginger thing and litt's 5 year plan were excellent reads :)
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

anyone gonna do a post-game wrap up with behind the scenes stuff?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

crayz wrote:anyone gonna do a post-game wrap up with behind the scenes stuff?
just saw you mention luau thread :face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

I predict all future games will ban night talking again.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

the wicked child wrote:I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

Fingers crossed.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the wicked child wrote:that led to cup keeper changing his kill.
did i get killed this way?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:I should also mention that Azkar & thg were more helpful to the bad guys. They both made bad decisions in regards to their roles (killing tourists/believing dead jellyfish) and both talked strategy at night that led to cup keeper changing his kill.

I think the bigger thing that has to be banned first is talking in chat. That seems to cause issues every game.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

beerman wrote:
the wicked child wrote:that led to cup keeper changing his kill.
did i get killed this way?
yes
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

good job mods. that was a fun game!. .. i was really pissed at my second death though.

for those that don't know, the mods never told me i got a package, and then when i died because i opened said package i was confused... apparently the mods thought since i didn't reply that meant i wanted to open it, which killed me, so i received a package, opened the package, and then died, all without me knowing about it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

wallflower wrote:

Fingers crossed.
what good is banning night talking if people still talk in chat? at least with night talking, people say what they want where it can be recorded in the thread instead of in chat where only select people see it if they happen to log in at the right time.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

count2infinity wrote:good job mods. that was a fun game!. .. i was really pissed at my second death though.

for those that don't know, the mods never told me i got a package, and then when i died because i opened said package i was confused... apparently the mods thought since i didn't reply that meant i wanted to open it, which killed me, so i received a package, opened the package, and then died, all without me knowing about it.
that was a corvi-error :pop:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

also, for future games, I suggest a max of 2 mods. we had too much confusion with who thought was about different things. that's part of why I stepped back. it was causing too many questions amongst each other.