*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:I dont know that it makes much sense to kill someone because they opened a package, unless someone has reason to believe LITT is bad or otherwise will harm the village having opened the package.
I agree. No reason to vote someone off when they're doing the crazy talk thing, the reasoning should be based on other aspects.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

wallflower wrote::face:
Who are you voting for and why is crayz a bad choice? I know that you dont know anymore than the rest of us as you are not a seer, but you've been on point all game.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Are pfidc and c2i the only two that were killed and came back? Since we started the game with so many people and there seems to be only one bad group, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one "recruiting" mechanism of some kind. It seems possible that at least one of these two could be a vampire role.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I'm probably going to be killed by the jellies overnight (barring a miracle) so I'm going with my gut feeling.

I have a hard time voting for IE right now because canaan tried to get her killed in his conversation with Azkar - I just can't believe that the jellies would out one of their own when they're down to just two.

I came away from the crayz tourist/traveler thing with the belief that he is a traveling tourist. He doesn't trust thg - so what? It's not a terrible crime: more often than not the vig is more detrimental to the village than it is helpful. (Need I remind anyone of MikeEnIke? :P )

Based on my research plus his overly defensive reaction and claims of bandwagoning all from me (just me, no one else) merely mentioning him as a suspect and without a single vote on him...

net TW.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

wallflower wrote:I'm probably going to be killed by the jellies overnight (barring a miracle) so I'm going with my gut feeling.

I have a hard time voting for IE right now because canaan tried to get her killed in his conversation with Azkar - I just can't believe that the jellies would out one of their own when they're down to just two.

I came away from the crayz tourist/traveler thing with the belief that he is a traveling tourist. He doesn't trust thg - so what? It's not a terrible crime: more often than not the vig is more detrimental to the village than it is helpful. (Need I remind anyone of MikeEnIke? :P )

Based on my research plus his overly defensive reaction and claims of bandwagoning all from me (just me, no one else) merely mentioning him as a suspect and without a single vote on him...

net TW.
Staying with the hot hand release crayz net TW
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:Are pfidc and c2i the only two that were killed and came back? Since we started the game with so many people and there seems to be only one bad group, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one "recruiting" mechanism of some kind. It seems possible that at least one of these two could be a vampire role.
I would be willing to take a chance on PFinDC. Atleast right now C2I seems to be helping more than hurting us. PFinDC has been silent for sometime.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Release Irish Eyes

Net Twisted Wrister
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

slappybrown wrote:
wallflower wrote:I'm probably going to be killed by the jellies overnight (barring a miracle) so I'm going with my gut feeling.

net TW.
Staying with the hot hand release crayz net TW
This just makes sense
release crayz
net TW

I might take a little nap so won't be on for a while.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

MWB wrote:Are pfidc and c2i the only two that were killed and came back? Since we started the game with so many people and there seems to be only one bad group, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one "recruiting" mechanism of some kind. It seems possible that at least one of these two could be a vampire role.
Normally I would share your concerns about a vampire role but both PFIDC & c2i were NOT killed by the jellies, but by other means. PFIDC came up blue in the writeup and the mods made the point to mention that he didn't know why he wasn't dying. With c2i, well, everyone knows how he died and I suspect that was part of what brought him back.

I haven't seen anything in the writeups to suggest anyone was converted and I would think they would at least make mention that something had happened. (And this is the same reason I found canaan's "recruitment" story silly - there has been no point where there was even an insinuation that the jellies have done anything but kill at night.)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

wallflower wrote:
Normally I would share your concerns about a vampire role but both PFIDC & c2i were NOT killed by the jellies, but by other means. PFIDC came up blue in the writeup and the mods made the point to mention that he didn't know why he wasn't dying. With c2i, well, everyone knows how he died and I suspect that was part of what brought him back.

I haven't seen anything in the writeups to suggest anyone was converted and I would think they would at least make mention that something had happened. (And this is the same reason I found canaan's "recruitment" story silly - there has been no point where there was even an insinuation that the jellies have done anything but kill at night.)
That is a very good point. There has been no mention of a conversion in any write up but yet it has been claimed by azkar.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

release crayz

net TW
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

And, just as a note for the next day/vote: be sure to pay attention to how this vote went and what people said, regardless of the outcome.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

thehockeyguru wrote:That is a very good point. There has been no mention of a conversion in any write up but yet it has been claimed by azkar.
FTR, Azkar didn't claim it, canaan did. Azkar was passing along what he was told.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

net TW.
Since you're the only one we know is absolutely 100% good, I'll get on board with it.

release crayz
net Twisted Wrister
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

I'm still not 100% sold on TW...

When I came out with the tourist thing....TW was the first to say, bs...my PM didn't say tourist or traveler. IE backed him up....so I thought maybe both bad. That is when TWC said, different PM's were sent, one said tourist, one said neither.

that imo, clears all 3 of us.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I don't want to change my vote, despite how hot wallflower has been this game. Some of you flip flop worse than John Kerry.

At this point, I'm sticking with crayz. I'm not convinced by the whole thing earlier in the game. It's possible that in the write-up, the baddies were told they were to eliminate the tourists/passangers/etc.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

wallflower wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:That is a very good point. There has been no mention of a conversion in any write up but yet it has been claimed by azkar.
FTR, Azkar didn't claim it, canaan did. Azkar was passing along what he was told.
How do we know that Canaan did say it and that Azkar isnt just making it up?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i wonder how canaan got converted. they say he was independent then was converted. once again, this is assuming that we can believe what azkar said.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

count2infinity wrote:i wonder how canaan got converted. they say he was independent then was converted. once again, this is assuming that we can believe what azkar said.
i think he was just bad? that's what i always thought at least
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz wrote:
count2infinity wrote:i wonder how canaan got converted. they say he was independent then was converted. once again, this is assuming that we can believe what azkar said.
well azkar said that he was good until he got converted. the only reason i'm putting any merit into azkar's post is because he outed beerman correctly. (well...not correctly as far as strategy is concerned, but he said exactly what beerman was).
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I mentioned this a few posts up - I don't believe that canaan was converted. I think he was just trying to buy some credibility with the resort so people would believe his claims.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I still don't think Azkar should be considered 100% good. Something is fishy there. I think there is some catch where he swtiches between being bad and good.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

WF - How does this list look to you? Anyone you would like to move around?

count2infinity - Died to mention of a conversion
crayz - Cleared by Name Mix up
Irish Eyes - Cleared by Name Mix up
thehockeyguru - RP
Twisted Wrister - Cleared by Name Mix up
wallflower - RP

cup keeper
Azkar
jwienand
Kicksave
Letang Is The Truth
MWB
PensFanInDC
relantel
slappybrown
tfrizz
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

wallflower wrote:

True, I guess there usually is some mention of someone switching sides in the write-up. Not sure I'm ready to abandon the idea altogether, but what you say makes sense. I agree with tgh, that of the two I'm more suspicious of pfidc because of the recent inactivity and his not answering his seashell buddy. The only thing that nags me about c2i is his continuing to bring up the IE as "liaison" thing, which seems odd.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

count2infinity wrote:
crayz wrote:
well azkar said that he was good until he got converted. the only reason i'm putting any merit into azkar's post is because he outed beerman correctly. (well...not correctly as far as strategy is concerned, but he said exactly what beerman was).
If i'm correct, Azkar was quoting what canaan told him. Remember, he speaks to the dead - He asks them a question and they reply with the info..