Sign-Up Thread for future games. (If you wanna mod)

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Sign-Up Thread for future games. (If you wanna mod)

Post by Corvidae »

I suggest, for the health of these games, that each of them have a specific antagonist.

Mafia and Bad Guys seems so generic. The Werewolf and Slug games had clear adversaries that we all hated. We're building something for Jellyfish, but the hate just isn't there yet. If I mod another I'd use Werewolves/Slugs/Jellies to keep and build the hate.

If someone wants to use a new enemy, may I humble suggest Zombie Apocalypse I? :scared:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

I said a little bit ago...i'm hoping we at some point go back and do an original werewolf or slugwars game. Original rules, just more experienced players.

I think that would be a hoot.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I was planning on doing a Mafia style but Zombie theme would work. I think though, for the first game, i will reveal all roles, as i plan on using many different ones that we have not used before.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I would love to see another Slug Wars at some point... SW I is still my favorite game. :thumb:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

the wicked child wrote:I would love to see another Slug Wars at some point... SW I is still my favorite game. :thumb:
SWI was a monster and I couldn't possibly be more proud. It was the right game at the right time.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I think more than anything, I'd like to bring back the modkill fervor of WW1.

I think if you are going to play the game, you need to not only be able to participate but actually participate. We're all beyond the point now of "oooh, there's a talkative bad guy, an under the radar bad guy and a silent bad guy." If you aren't going to be around to post, or don't want to post much...don't play.

I mean, just look at this game. There are 22 people still up, yet only half are playing. It's frustrating, you know?

I do understand the strategy of not posting a ton...but, at least act like you want to participate. Since this game all started from an in-person game, could you imagine how awkward it would be if 22 people were sitting in a room playing this and 9 of those people just sat there and didn't participate?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I haven't played any of these games. I signed up once, was not on LGP for a day or so, and fell so far behind that I just didnt play (I suck, I know). Anyway, it dawned on me that with all the Conan-Leno stuff going on, you could do a Late Night Talk Show Wars game. It seems that they are all taking shots at each other. I think that you could come up with enough characters for a game. For example...

Letterman
Leno
Conan
Ferguson
Kimmel
Fallon
Kilborn
Carson Daily

I am sure that there is more that I am missing. Maybe even add in guys like Paul Schaffer and Kevin Eubanks.

Like I said, I really haven't gotten into these games, but I thought that with the current events going on, it would be a good idea for you guys. Just wanted to share. Sorry for going OT on the post, but I didn't think this deserved its own thread.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

When I modded SWIII, I had definite times for write-ups. Each day and each night was 24 hours and write-ups always came within a few minutes of midnight. This changed as the game went along since the 24/24 were obviously too long.

However, I think definite write-up times is a good idea. It helps the mod(s) immensely and it allows players to schedule when they need to be on.

Perhaps this idea can be tweaked a bit to make it more palatable to players. Like a definite 12/12 schedule in the beginning and then, as the field thins out, go for a definite day length and a night phase that ends when RPs are received. Or maybe that's too complicated. Just an idea.

Anyway, one day I'd like to do a Tolkien Wars. Baddies are Orcs or Balrogs and the Big Baddie is Morgoth or Sauron. Each player chooses a Tolkien character. Items include Rings of Power, palantiri, etc..

I just went on a long road trip and listened to the unabridged The Silmarillion along the way. So I'm big into Tolkien at the moment. I presume, however, that many players wouldn't know Tolkien from a hole in the ground (a Hobbit-hole?)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:I just went on a long road trip and listened to the unabridged The Silmarillion along the way. So I'm big into Tolkien at the moment. I presume, however, that many players wouldn't know Tolkien from a hole in the ground (a Hobbit-hole?)
i think the films serve as a pretty decent primer into the world of tolkien. i would venture to say that your presumption is probably wrong.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:
redwill wrote:I just went on a long road trip and listened to the unabridged The Silmarillion along the way. So I'm big into Tolkien at the moment. I presume, however, that many players wouldn't know Tolkien from a hole in the ground (a Hobbit-hole?)
i think the films serve as a pretty decent primer into the world of tolkien. i would venture to say that your presumption is probably wrong.
Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

LOTR/Tolkien Wars... I am so in if that happens. :thumb:

I don't really care for predetermined writeup times (hence why we have 3 mods who are on at varied times - someone is always here when it's time)... but each mod can set up their game as they see fit... that is part of the fun of running your own game.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Elias: Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal.
Randal Graves: Shyeah, the kind of chicks into swords and elves and ****, and I wouldn't **** them with the Torch of Gondor.
Elias: Oh, you're so gross!
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I think this game is screaming for a zombie or horror movie villains theme.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

the next game I mod is going to have a Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks theme
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I would be in for a LotR/fantasy themed universe, for sure.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I think I'm the only person in the world that disliked LotRs. Soooooo slooooow. Such uninteresting character.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Corvidae wrote:I think I'm the only person in the world that disliked LotRs. Soooooo slooooow. Such uninteresting character.
Randal Graves: All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."
Hobbit Lover: Oh, Star Wars geek.
Randal Graves: Oh, I'm the geek? Look at you two whipping out your preciouses.
Elias: You'll have to excuse him, he's not "down" with the trilogy.
Randal Graves: Oh, what the **** happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you **** morons.
Hobbit Lover: You know what, maybe we should start calling your friend Padme, because he loves Manakin Skywalker so much, right?
[in robot voice]
Hobbit Lover: Danger danger, my name is Anakin. My **** acting is ruining saga.
Elias: [chucking] Yea-Yeah, you're crazy, Jar-Jar.
Randal Graves: Oh, I'm crazy? Those ****' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a **** volcano.

Randal Graves: [describing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy] Here's the first movie.
[walks a few steps, staring blankly]
Randal Graves: And here's the second movie.
[walks a few steps again, pretends to trip]
Hobbit Lover: He is way off, loser.
Randal Graves: You ready for the third movie?
[walks yet again, stops, pretends to throw the ring into the volcano. Shrugs his shoulders and turns around]
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I haven't played any of these games. I signed up once, was not on LGP for a day or so, and fell so far behind that I just didnt play (I suck, I know). Anyway, it dawned on me that with all the Conan-Leno stuff going on, you could do a Late Night Talk Show Wars game. It seems that they are all taking shots at each other. I think that you could come up with enough characters for a game. For example...

Letterman
Leno
Conan
Ferguson
Kimmel
Fallon
Kilborn
Carson Daily

I am sure that there is more that I am missing. Maybe even add in guys like Paul Schaffer and Kevin Eubanks.

Like I said, I really haven't gotten into these games, but I thought that with the current events going on, it would be a good idea for you guys. Just wanted to share. Sorry for going OT on the post, but I didn't think this deserved its own thread.
To the late night host themes, add in host names from the past. Johnny Carson, Jack Paar, Steve Allen, Bob Costas, Merv Griffin, Dick Cavett, Arsenio Hall, Tom Snyder, Bill Maher, etc. Wiki has a good list of former late night hosts - even Pat Sajak had his own show for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... V_programs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Magic Johnson ;)
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

ZOMGBIE APOCALYPSE?! BURN NAN! DECAPITATE THG! Image
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'll either help mod a game or mod my own...

I think I have some pretty fun ideas for the game.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i want to mod a "classic" simple game with a no-nonsense approach.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

canaan wrote:i want to mod a "classic" simple game with a no-nonsense approach.
Sour NANerpus.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

NANwars

You're a regular NAN or you're the NAN godfather.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Corvidae wrote:
canaan wrote:i want to mod a "classic" simple game with a no-nonsense approach.
Sour NANerpus.
:lol: nicely done.

it wouldn't be bad to have a straight forward game--we havent had one in a while