Erik Cole's reaction...only 3 games for Brooks

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Erik Cole's reaction...only 3 games for Brooks

Post by penny lane »

dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Erik Cole's reaction...only 3 games for Brooks

Post by dboss »

Based on how that article was written, it almost sounds like Erik Cole was close to death. Talk about a bunch of cry babies! :roll:
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

I know what a puss. You would have thought he lost some teeth and had a cut on his lip or something to whine that much.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

Carolina needs to get on with playing hockey. They are angry, and should be. Whether the decision by the league was the right one(I think it is just punishment), it is time to play hockey--not be distracted by something that is out of your hands.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

More Idiocy

Post by Mad City Mike »

Some columnist who was probably at an ACC hoops game or glued to the TV watching NASCAR weighs in:
Pittsburgh is having a terrible season, and Orpik probably was out to find someone on a winning team to share in his frustration....

...The Penguins have nothing to lose. They had fallen hopelessly behind in the game, and Orpik reverted to the kind of basic hockey instincts that have been around all these years.
http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/415765.html

Where to start with this moron? On point one, well, please explain to me why Orpik would try to hurt someone because his team is having a bad season. This is just ludicrous. Yeah, let's see, I think because we suck, I'll injure one of their best players so they suck too. What is this guy, 10 years old? Talk about childish. These are professional athletes. He was trying to hit Cole hard, and that is his job. If you don't like hard hitting, go watch your beloved ACC basketball.

As to his second point, he makes it painfully obvious that he wasn't even watching the game. The Pens had started their comeback and were only behind 6-4 at the time of the hit. Ask Tampa Bay if a team down by 2 in the third period to the Pens is "hopelessly behind." Rather, had this doofus been watching, he would have noted that the hit actually killed the Pens' momentum and cost them any chance of coming back.

Look, the hit was bad, and Orpik deserves a suspension, maybe even a little more than he got. But for some clueless moron to pile on with crap like this just makes me ill. Not once does he even mention that Cole put himself in a vulnerable position. Again, this does not excuse the hit. Brooks has to let up in a case like this. But this columnist is just ignorant when it comes to hockey.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

FlyerNation wrote:I know what a puss. You would have thought he lost some teeth and had a cut on his lip or something to whine that much.
If Hatcher had been called for a penalty, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN, I don't think you would have seen any whining after the fact.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I didn't have an issue with anything in the article until this point:
Eric Cole wrote:Unfortunately the consequences from the league really are not that bad. Three games for him are like a holiday, three games without going out there and getting his lunch handed to him by the other teams in the league. Sounds like a pretty good tradeoff to me.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

netwolf wrote:I didn't have an issue with anything in the article until this point:
Eric Cole wrote:Unfortunately the consequences from the league really are not that bad. Three games for him are like a holiday, three games without going out there and getting his lunch handed to him by the other teams in the league. Sounds like a pretty good tradeoff to me.
Yeah, really. I'm so sure that's what Orpik was thinking the whole time. "Man, it really sucked getting beat back there...I think I'd like a couple days off...maybe I'll board Cole." :roll:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

let it go Flyernation...

Post by penny lane »

FlyerNation wrote:I know what a puss. You would have thought he lost some teeth and had a cut on his lip or something to whine that much.
Sidney understands Derien just initiating him to the finer points of
the NHL. And, on that night SiD showed Derien he'd had to come
with more to make him whimper.
NIN

Post by NIN »

This is just beautiful! Instead of being Cool and the Gang this is Cole and the Canes! Their tears are making Orpik strong. It is about time he got a dirty reputation. Now that he is a marked man and everybody on the ice will be reffering to the Cole hit for now on. This is how Ulf Samuelssons and Darious Kasparitusus are born. Orpik is going to be reborn bad out of all this and soon he will be getting under the skin of every finesse player out there.

At least I hope so. He is pretty freakin' polite out there for a bone crusher. Just get pissed and hit em' all ORP. Hit em' all!