Roloson to Edmonton (NPR)

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Roloson to Edmonton (NPR)

Post by ville5 »

FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

That's a hefty pirce for Roloson.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Especially since he's a UFA this summer.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Agree. Can't imagine what Buffalo wants for Biron. :shock:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Buffalo probably wants a roster player or decent prospect. The wild were content with the picks.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Ugh! Check this out on Eklunds blog

Roloson to Oilers 03/08/2006 @ 01:28 PM

for #1 and possible #3

:roll:
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

FlyerNation wrote:Ugh! Check this out on Eklunds blog

Roloson to Oilers 03/08/2006 @ 01:28 PM

for #1 and possible #3

:roll:
We've uncovered his secret source, it's TSN.

FN, here's my big prediction for tomorrow.

The Trade Deadline will happen sometime tomorrow.

Expect there to be some kind of trade.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I think its funny.... if you read the minnesota boards they say "haha we got a 1st pick for rolo, they got robbed" ... then journey over to edmonton boards and it's "haha we got rolo and didnt give up anything except a 1st and maybe 3rd"...

half empty/half full....
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

Minnesota made out like a bandit on this one. Roloson is a barely adequate NHL goalie made to look good by playing behind Lemaire's defensive system. My prediction? He'll get lit up in Edmonton.
NIN

Post by NIN »

FallenHero96 wrote:I think its funny.... if you read the minnesota boards they say "haha we got a 1st pick for rolo, they got robbed" ... then journey over to edmonton boards and it's "haha we got rolo and didnt give up anything except a 1st and maybe 3rd"...

half empty/half full....
Roloson is a good goalie but at age 36 Edmonton definately got robbed. They could win a round if they get in but they will soon discover that the trap system in Minnesota is much more helpful to a goalies career then Edmontons system
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

Horrible trade by Edmonton.

Draft picks are like gold in the cap era and they traded a #1 pick to get Rolo... wow, Lowe better hope for the Cup.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

Mad City Mike wrote:Minnesota made out like a bandit on this one. Roloson is a barely adequate NHL goalie made to look good by playing behind Lemaire's defensive system. My prediction? He'll get lit up in Edmonton.
Not with Dick Tarnstroms supreme defensive skills, Dickie T. will bail him out :lol:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Very solid deal by Minnesota. Rolo has 6 wins on a team that has 30. He was/is a product of the system imo.

That being said. I'd take a nice 1st round pick and conditional pick for recchi, save the cash. We will see....Bidding war!
jmh70

Post by jmh70 »

If Minn got a first rounder for a backup goalie, that might bode well for what the Pens would get for Recchi.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

Jamie wrote:
Not with Dick Tarnstroms supreme defensive skills, Dickie T. will bail him out :lol:
In other words, he's doomed.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

If Roloson nets a 1st, Esche would have to land more. Brashear, Esche a 1st to Van for Bertuzzi. I feel Bert will be a Flyer somehow someway.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

If Philly wants Bertuzzi, it's gonna have to be more than Trashear and Esche. No guarantee Trashear would resign, and Vancouver will want a player that can put up points to replace the offensive production lost with Bertuzzi. I think Todd Bertuzzi will remain a Canuck for the remainder of the season, then he will be moved in the off season.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Jamie wrote:If Philly wants Bertuzzi, it's gonna have to be more than Trashear and Esche. No guarantee Trashear would resign, and Vancouver will want a player that can put up points to replace the offensive production lost with Bertuzzi. I think Todd Bertuzzi will remain a Canuck for the remainder of the season, then he will be moved in the off season.
Well I'm only going off of the theory that Clarke refuses to move Carter or Richards. I would have thrown RJ in there but he's already burned his bridge in Van. Esche, a 1st, and who gets Bertuzzi? Kapanen, Handzus is hurt and it could be serious. Esche, Brash and Rathje clears up enough salary but doesn't help VAN scoring loss.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

Like I said nobody gets Bertuzzi until the offseason, unless it is a deal that knocks the socks off of Van.