NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by beerman »

jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:THG,

RE: PFIDC situation.

tfrizz happened to point out that during the first night's write-up, the mods said something about "the hobo" stumbling across some jelly repellent. Not "a hobo" or "a bum" etc...it seems pretty clear that the bad guys went after Senka the first night, and as the angel, he protected himself. Then during day 1, PFiDC posted his random.org list that just happened to have Senka as the one it selected. tfrizz pointed this out and voted for PFiDC and he got crazed real quick...then juice and I jumped on board. PFiDC further went on to vote for both tfrizz and juice.

Here's the thing...it makes sense to try and go after the person you know as the angel if you are a bad guy. He can protect himself at night, why not try and get the village...and why not try to use the "trusty" random.org method. I'm going to take a guess and say that angel couldn't protect the same person back to back, which is how he died night two (either that or Senka tried protecting someone else, figuring the baddies wouldn't go for him again...which, with him, is highly possible).
actually now after reading that again, do we really think the mods would specifically say "the hobo" if that's who the jelly's would have targeted unsuccessfully that night? The jelly's would have had no way of knowing if who they targeted was the hobo or the person the hobo was protecting I'd like to think the mods wouldn't have turned around and let something out like that.
Well, c'mon...how many angels protect anyone but themselves that first night?
agreed but it is Senka :lol:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I mean, as tfrizz said, this could all just be a major coincidence. In that case, oh well...we f'd up and we get a villager. At least it's something to try and go on.

I'm also fully aware at how much suspicion will be shot my way if this isn't something. I'm willing to take that risk.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

beerman wrote:

tfrizz happened to point out that during the first night's write-up, the mods said something about "the hobo" stumbling across some jelly repellent. Not "a hobo" or "a bum" etc...it seems pretty clear that the bad guys went after Senka the first night, and as the angel, he protected himself. Then during day 1, PFiDC posted his random.org list that just happened to have Senka as the one it selected. tfrizz pointed this out and voted for PFiDC and he got crazed real quick...then juice and I jumped on board. PFiDC further went on to vote for both tfrizz and juice.

Here's the thing...it makes sense to try and go after the person you know as the angel if you are a bad guy. He can protect himself at night, why not try and get the village...and why not try to use the "trusty" random.org method. I'm going to take a guess and say that angel couldn't protect the same person back to back, which is how he died night two (either that or Senka tried protecting someone else, figuring the baddies wouldn't go for him again...which, with him, is highly possible).
actually now after reading that again, do we really think the mods would specifically say "the hobo" if that's who the jelly's would have targeted unsuccessfully that night? The jelly's would have had no way of knowing if who they targeted was the hobo or the person the hobo was protecting I'd like to think the mods wouldn't have turned around and let something out like that.
It was night 2, which logically would mean Senka was unprotected. That least us to the assumption that either 1) Senka had an object of some sort to go back a day; or, 2) there was a clause in the role where the first night kill will go back a day.

I don't think Senka was killed at random; NAN might be a different story, it's hard to say because he's a popular target.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Ok let's hop back on.
net PFIDC
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

HOWEVER....

IF this does turn out to be true, I know exactly who to go for next. I'm not making the mistake that canaan made last game either...I will gladly say who, with evidence, before the day is over.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Why wont you guys let me reveng kill dags? No fun.

release dags
net pfidc
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

I still think Dagny is bad, but this is more solid evidence than I have for my vote now. this explains what tfrizz was saying but maybe just a little more clear (at least for me)
release Dagny
Net PFIDC
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

jaysmiter wrote:And, honestly, for as good of a player as juice is, it was fairly easy to tell when he was a bad guy.
orly? :pop:
So it would suffice to say that you will defend me to the bitter end this game, because you've already got me pegged as a good guy rite? :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

net PFiDC

wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I'm not switching my vote but I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. (It'll help answer some questions I've been mulling over to myself...)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

These numbers should be right...

Vote Count

Code: Select all

7 – PensFanInDC (mac5155, beerman, jaysmiter, thehockeyguru, tfrizz, Juice, slappybrown)
4 – Pavel Bure (redwill, Letang Is The Truth, Kicksave, Malkamaniac)
4 – npv708 (IrishEyes, shafnutz05, jwienand, MWB)
3 – thehockeyguru (wallflower, Zarovich, canaan)
2 – dagny (sdm5055, Hockeynut!)
1 – tfrizz (Twisted Wrister)
1 – Juice (PensFanInDC)

22 players voted; 7 remaining

Changed Votes

Code: Select all

* IrishEyes released Hockeynut!; netted npv708
* shafnutz05 released sdm5055; netted npv708
* Letang Is The Truth released tfrizz; netted npv708
* jwienand released sdm5055; netted npv708
* Juice released PensFanInDC; netted npv708
* Letang Is The Truth released npv708
* slappybrown released npv708
* crayz released npv708
* Kicksave released npv708
* Hockeynut! released npv708
* PensFanInDC released tfrizz; netted Juice
* Malkamaniac released npv708
* Juice released npv708
* wallflower released npv708; netted thehockeyguru
* beerman released npv708
* tfrizz released PensFanInDC; netted Pavel Bure
* jaysmiter released PensFanInDC; netted dagny
* relantel released PensFanInDC
* jaysmiter released dagny; netted PensFanInDC
* tfrizz released Pavel Bure; netted PensFanInDC
* slappybrown released dagny; netted PensFanInDC
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

tfrizz wrote:These numbers should be right...
Of course Malks votes while I'm posting... add his on to PFIDC's total.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Juice wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:And, honestly, for as good of a player as juice is, it was fairly easy to tell when he was a bad guy.
orly? :pop:
So it would suffice to say that you will defend me to the bitter end this game, because you've already got me pegged as a good guy rite? :pop:
You betcha, buddy! :thumb:

(I wish there was a " heavy sigh" smiley)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

tfrizz wrote:I don't think Senka was killed at random
nor do i. it was either 1.) the baddies knew his role and wanted it squashed or 2.) baddies (single or plural) that are veterans who fears teh senkz00rs.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I'm not changing my vote today, but I have other suspects aside from Dagny. And PFiDC isn't one of them.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

release npv

I'm not comfortable with a PFIDC vote. Of course, if he gets netted and he turns out to be a bad guy, then oh noez, everyone will be after me!

I'm going with this.

net pavel
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Alright just woke up. Time to read.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

IrishEyes wrote:release npv

I'm not comfortable with a PFIDC vote. Of course, if he gets netted and he turns out to be a bad guy, then oh noez, everyone will be after me!

I'm going with this.

net pavel
It's interesting that this is at least the second time you've said something like this.

Just pointing it out.

(and, no, you weren't who I was referring to)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:
nor do i. it was either 1.) the baddies knew his role and wanted it squashed or 2.) baddies (single or plural) that are veterans who fears teh senkz00rs.
Senka was gonna get whacked because he intimated on day one he was an RP when the random.org wagon started on him.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

IrishEyes wrote:I'm not comfortable with a PFIDC vote. Of course, if he gets netted and he turns out to be a bad guy, then oh noez, everyone will be after me!
Now that you mentioned it, yep. :pop:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Oh, and let it be known...

this was Juice's response to the original Senka vote...
Juice wrote::face:

Think this through my friends.
Random.org'in someone is only good when you have nothing else to go on (see: a typical day 1.)
But this is not a typical day 1. Someone in this game has already given more of a reason than a random lynch to get rid of them.
Not only are we going to net someone on a random.org, we are going to net a good player, and we are going to ignore the chance to get rid of someone who has demonstrated the inability to think through one of the proven basic game concepts.
How many times, as a baddie, when a game is over, do people have to say "something was said at night that made us change what we were going to do" before we realize how bad it is to talk at night?

net count2infinity
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

jaysmiter wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:release npv

I'm going with this.

net pavel
It's interesting that this is at least the second time you've said something like this.

Just pointing it out.

(and, no, you weren't who I was referring to)
Because that's how it always works. I abstain from a vote, or don't go with the flow, and it "casts suspicion on" me. In most of the games I've played, whether I was good or bad, this is what has happened. It annoys me, but I understand it's the way of the game. This one was more sarcasm than anything else.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:
Senka was gonna get whacked because he intimated on day one he was an RP when the random.org wagon started on him.
The wagon was started on him by PFIDC, correct? That's why it would be a sneaky way for the baddies to get a goodie RP (that they had seen the night before) killed immediately and then be able to blame it on random.org and "bad luck". We've seen a few times I think now on day 1 when someone hasn't even been able to get a word in, and they have already been random.org'ed to death (see: Twisted Wrister). Clever move if that's what they were trying to do, but the bandwagon didn't roar quite quick enough.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

i'm awake. page 24... crap. please wait for me to catch up.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Juice wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:nor do i. it was either 1.) the baddies knew his role and wanted it squashed or 2.) baddies (single or plural) that are veterans who fears teh senkz00rs.
The wagon was started on him by PFIDC, correct? That's why it would be a sneaky way for the baddies to get a goodie RP (that they had seen the night before) killed immediately and then be able to blame it on random.org and "bad luck". We've seen a few times I think now on day 1 when someone hasn't even been able to get a word in, and they have already been random.org'ed to death (see: Twisted Wrister). Clever move if that's what they were trying to do, but the bandwagon didn't roar quite quick enough.
In addition to this, guess who veered the bandwagon away from Mr. Senka. (Hint: ME).