*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by jaysmiter »

wallflower wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:In the sign-up thread...ok...I'm assuming he's just a bit more caught up with class than he thought he'd be. Again...what's the problem keeping him around a little longer. Oh no, he may be smart enough to get us to turn on a villager or two, but guess what...he leads down the wrong path a couple of times, we off him. And, if he's good, I'm sure the bad guys will take him out.
What I'm beginning to find curious is that a lot of the characteristics people are attributing to Pavel could also be said about Juice - and no one is talking about netting him.

I'm not saying one or the other [or even either] are anything [either good or bad] but, like I said, I find it interesting.
Or ANYONE else that has had some solid games here and there.

I mean...seriously...that one game (where I blasted you with the pie chart) you played a bad guy role pretty damned well. I mean, Senka has played good games...so has npv...so has dagny...so has (insert player here)...

And, honestly, for as good of a player as juice is, it was fairly easy to tell when he was a bad guy.

And, c'mon...if Pavel is such a good player, you really think he'd play the "quiet" role as a bad guy...it would be so freaking obvious.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jaysmiter wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Someone wanna summarize the last 10 pages?? :pop:
Yup. You should net either dagny or PFiDC :pop:
something happened the last round an for the life of me I ca t remember exactly what it was.. But it struck me as odd and made me believe that pfidc and crayz were working together and that they were probably bad so I can get on with a pfidc vote

Net pfidc

someone please color I am on my phone
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I'm just saying it doesn't add up. At all. To not be able to come in a few times and give his opinion, when he's been fairly opinionated in past games the short time he's been alive.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

mac5155 wrote:
Net pfidc

mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Kicksave wrote:I'm just saying it doesn't add up. At all. To not be able to come in a few times and give his opinion, when he's been fairly opinionated in past games the short time he's been alive.
I dunno I like to consider myself one of the better players of this game and I bet I only have 5-8 posts of substance (minus my drunk posts) and I know why.. Because I'm busy with class.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I'm not saying pavel is not bad but just theorizing for his lack of posting
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Is this the just of things today, what else am I missing?

1. Pavel has been quiet, but he is dealing with classes. He has been killed very quickly in the past, and is a threat because of his abilities.

2. NPV is almosted netted, and LITT says that NPV is his buddy but he cant answer him. If they are shell buddies, is his shell broken? Why have they both been so quiet since?

3. PFinDC - many seem to have an ax to grind with him, he was defensive. What else is wrong with him?

4. Dagny is being chalked up as being herself. She is out of contact during the day so no one puts a quick vote on her, but they did for NPV who has been silent.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I'm not saying pavel is not bad but just theorizing for his lack of posting
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

After reading back through and all the things that have been thrown out today I think I'd go with either npv or pfidc. Not sure which I'd rather go after, npv while certainly could be a good rp - if he's the vig he could cause more damage than good by letting him use his action (he's much more likely to hit a villager than a jelly) and pfidc while tfrizz's theory could be quite the stretch I think it makes sense and I could get behind it.

Or there's always LiTT for :scared: everyone
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

wallflower wrote:What I'm beginning to find curious is that a lot of the characteristics people are attributing to Pavel could also be said about Juice - and no one is talking about netting him.

I'm not saying one or the other [or even either] are anything [either good or bad] but, like I said, I find it interesting.
See about halfway down page 33. I did a little post about our dear Juice. And it went largely ignored.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mac5155 wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Someone wanna summarize the last 10 pages?? :pop:
Yup. You should net either dagny or PFiDC :pop:
something happened the last round an for the life of me I ca t remember exactly what it was.. But it struck me as odd and made me believe that pfidc and crayz were working together and that they were probably bad so I can get on with a pfidc vote

Net pfidc

Three people were defensive against my theory...

PensFanInDC - understandable, since I pointed the finger directly at him
crayz - came of as very defensive of PFIDC
Malkamaniac - was also defensive, but he was more defensive about the use of Random.org than he was of PFIDC
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I'm down for PFiDC or dagny. My vote is currently on dagny, but I'm not afraid to switch between the two freely to accommodate the needs of the village.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

IrishEyes wrote:
wallflower wrote:What I'm beginning to find curious is that a lot of the characteristics people are attributing to Pavel could also be said about Juice - and no one is talking about netting him.

See about halfway down page 33. I did a little post about our dear Juice. And it went largely ignored.
I saw it...but, just didn't think much of it, honestly. Some people like to stick with their guts til the bitter end...some just realize it's a lost cause at that current time. Typically, I'm the former.

I think he could the village was clearly not going to listen to anything and the bloodlust had pretty much set in. Make the switch and help get it over with so we can discuss pertinent issues.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kicksave wrote:I'm just saying it doesn't add up. At all. To not be able to come in a few times and give his opinion, when he's been fairly opinionated in past games the short time he's been alive.
Then maybe he's mixing things up to stay in the game longer? Like you said, he's always been giving his opinion and gets killed quickly.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

net pfidc

it's the best way to go in my mind, I'm willing to let npv go another day
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

MWB wrote:
Then maybe he's mixing things up to stay in the game longer? Like you said, he's always been giving his opinion and gets killed quickly.
And his opinion was usually right.

BTW, I'd switch to a dagny vote. If anything, we'd get some lulz out of it.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

IrishEyes wrote:

I missed it.

I'm not sold either way on Juice & Pavel right now. They're both good players so, IMO, it makes more sense to keep them around for the time being and take note of what they do. If they start looking like jellies, we can take them out. If they're just regular travelers, then they'll help us. It is still early.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

THG,

RE: PFIDC situation.

tfrizz happened to point out that during the first night's write-up, the mods said something about "the hobo" stumbling across some jelly repellent. Not "a hobo" or "a bum" etc...it seems pretty clear that the bad guys went after Senka the first night, and as the angel, he protected himself. Then during day 1, PFiDC posted his random.org list that just happened to have Senka as the one it selected. tfrizz pointed this out and voted for PFiDC and he got crazed real quick...then juice and I jumped on board. PFiDC further went on to vote for both tfrizz and juice.

Here's the thing...it makes sense to try and go after the person you know as the angel if you are a bad guy. He can protect himself at night, why not try and get the village...and why not try to use the "trusty" random.org method. I'm going to take a guess and say that angel couldn't protect the same person back to back, which is how he died night two (either that or Senka tried protecting someone else, figuring the baddies wouldn't go for him again...which, with him, is highly possible).
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Yeah...after reading what I just typed...

release dagny
net PFiDC (again)

Sorry for the vote switching, but I'm pretty much convinced on this one now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

tfrizz wrote: Three people were defensive against my theory...

PensFanInDC - understandable, since I pointed the finger directly at him
crayz - came of as very defensive of PFIDC
Malkamaniac - was also defensive, but he was more defensive about the use of Random.org than he was of PFIDC
Yea, I could care less that you voted for PFiDC. I care more about the integrity of random.org lol
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:THG,

tfrizz happened to point out that during the first night's write-up, the mods said something about "the hobo" stumbling across some jelly repellent. Not "a hobo" or "a bum" etc...it seems pretty clear that the bad guys went after Senka the first night, and as the angel, he protected himself. Then during day 1, PFiDC posted his random.org list that just happened to have Senka as the one it selected. tfrizz pointed this out and voted for PFiDC and he got crazed real quick...then juice and I jumped on board. PFiDC further went on to vote for both tfrizz and juice.

Here's the thing...it makes sense to try and go after the person you know as the angel if you are a bad guy. He can protect himself at night, why not try and get the village...and why not try to use the "trusty" random.org method. I'm going to take a guess and say that angel couldn't protect the same person back to back, which is how he died night two (either that or Senka tried protecting someone else, figuring the baddies wouldn't go for him again...which, with him, is highly possible).
Wow. This makes PFIDC look really guilty. :shock:

It definitely creates some food for thought...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ok. Any idea why is says in the 1st write up that The Hobo used all the repelent in one night? Did Senka not have any power left?

net PFiDC
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

actually now after reading that again, do we really think the mods would specifically say "the hobo" if that's who the jelly's would have targeted unsuccessfully that night? The jelly's would have had no way of knowing if who they targeted was the hobo or the person the hobo was protecting I'd like to think the mods wouldn't have turned around and let something out like that.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

jaysmiter wrote:Yeah...after reading what I just typed...

release dagny
net PFiDC (again)

Sorry for the vote switching, but I'm pretty much convinced on this one now.
I hate backtracking on my votes, but looking back through I really can't make anything out of Pavel. I know he's busy with school and such, so I'm going back to the original.

release Pavel Bure
net PensFanInDC
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

beerman wrote:

actually now after reading that again, do we really think the mods would specifically say "the hobo" if that's who the jelly's would have targeted unsuccessfully that night? The jelly's would have had no way of knowing if who they targeted was the hobo or the person the hobo was protecting I'd like to think the mods wouldn't have turned around and let something out like that.
Well, c'mon...how many angels protect anyone but themselves that first night?