Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Kicksave »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i cant even confirm that because he didnt send a message but i said that if he had some role that prevented him from communicating to me directly via PM to put it in a title with an even number in NPR
So you circumvented the rules of the game?
there wasnt anything saying he couldnt do that
Not that it's all your fault, but this is the kind of stuff that kills a village. No we're getting all worked up with no real information to show for it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:We should whack LiTT just for being confusing.
Post a thread in the test forum with an encoded message if you intend to do so.

use every third integer to respond
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Where the heck has canaan been?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So after all this we know.... nothing more than we did before.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:Again...this issue has come up in previous games....

If he is a good guy, he will get taken care of by the bad guys, at some point or another.

If he is a bad guy pretending to be good, this information won't disappear and be forgotten. We can use it later to get him. No sense taking the risk now. Last game you guys risked it and lost two good guys while us bad guys toyed with you. Seriously...use your heads.
Oh I agree. However, I'm not getting in the middle of what could potentially be a villager vs villager bickering match. So I'm going to do what I've wanted to do anyway and net thg again. He hasn't been around and he's not contributing.

release npv.
net thg.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Nows the time to net THG and get it over with.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wallflower wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Again...this issue has come up in previous games....

If he is a good guy, he will get taken care of by the bad guys, at some point or another.

If he is a bad guy pretending to be good, this information won't disappear and be forgotten. We can use it later to get him. No sense taking the risk now. Last game you guys risked it and lost two good guys while us bad guys toyed with you. Seriously...use your heads.
Oh I agree. However, I'm not getting in the middle of what could potentially be a villager vs villager bickering match. So I'm going to do what I've wanted to do anyway and net thg again. He hasn't been around and he's not contributing.

release npv.
net thg.
and when he does it's ultra defensive.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

let's do a random.org list....
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

wating thg is useless right now. through all this garbage, im sure we can come up with something better than that.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

waiting = wasting
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Kicksave wrote:let's do a random.org list....
Strange... PFIDC was at the top of the list :lol:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

release npv

I'll be leaving for lunch in a few minutes, I'll catch up when I'm back
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:wating thg is useless right now. through all this garbage, im sure we can come up with something better than that.
But I want revenge. :(
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

tfrizz wrote:
but there is only a 3% chance that its right. :lol: :thumb:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Bear with me here...

Regarding PFIDC...
Juice wrote:I really don't like something about this post, and most of the time I ignore my instincts, it ends up bad. I like also like the direction tfrizz has gone with this, as it would be a really sneaky way for one of the jellies to make a "oops I just random.org'ed him I swear" type of "mistake".
Juice wrote:Wait a minute, how many people did we have on the PFIDC wagon? If PFIDC ends up being a jelly, and it was more than a couple, look to these people that are all the sudden roaring on npv to contain a jelly or 2.
Jaysmiter mentions only 3 votes being on PFIDC, and we get this...
Juice wrote:Alright then, I'm not too attached. It's absolutely a possibility, but I'd rather thin the herd.

release PFIDC
net npv
For trusting your gut... you switched pretty damn fast. You were gung-ho about PFIDC, and then when people (me being one of them) started the bandwagon for npv, you were right there with us. I've learned to trust mine, as well. But before I cast my vote, I'm putting this up for discussion.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

wallflower wrote:
Kicksave wrote:wating thg is useless right now. through all this garbage, im sure we can come up with something better than that.
Revenge is cool on day 1. I dont even know what day it is right now, but it's far enough in the game where we should either

1) whack someone who hasn't spoke at all or hasn't posted anything of substance
2) come up with some sort of theory and see if it works and re-evaluate tomorrow.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
but there is only a 3% chance that its right. :lol: :thumb:

Alright gang, let's end the bickering and get focused on winning. So far there has been no direction village wise.

We've lost two good guys, and right now were no better than we were on day 1.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Kicksave wrote:
wallflower wrote:
Revenge is cool on day 1. I dont even know what day it is right now, but it's far enough in the game where we should either

2) come up with some sort of theory and see if it works and re-evaluate tomorrow.
It's Day 3...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

i want to know wherethefrench is canaan.

He was active early on with nonsense posting but not much substance since. Hey Juice, can you poke him and wake him up.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

redwill wrote:net Pavel Bure

Reasons:

1) Everyone who is not a first-timer knows (or should know) that he is the best at these games. Yet apparently no jelly attempt has been made on his life.

2) Who better to pick out two good RPs so early?

3) Pavel's quoting about why talking at night aids the baddies strikes me as very odd:
Pavel Bure wrote:*On the subject of night talking. The night being silent is usually an advantage for the mob. This is because mob can push to end a day vote early so that any RPs out there can't get their info out for public knowledge. Yes a RP can out themselves by talking at night but considering the usual ratio of mob to town(usually 1 mob for every 4 town) them outting themselves to take out even one baddie is a huge aid to the town. Because I'm what I would consider a purist to the game I hate the idea of allowing night talking. However I'm not the mod and quite frankly being a purist as well mod = god for the games.*
He has to know that night-talking is bad for the village. This quote just spins it IMO.

Now he contradicts that previous quote with this:
Pavel Bure wrote:Posting at night is a big risk cause even if I post something useful the mob can see that and then off me. It's like a catch-22
4) He has to know that offing an active talker such as c2i is not a good strategy on the first day. We all need info (unless we already have it). Whether c2i was good or bad is immaterial. He is usually an active participant, and that's what we need to get a handle on who's who and what's what in the village. Yet Pavel's response to c2i was
Pavel Bure wrote:I don't like this reasoning. Big deal you post a lot. That doesn't tell us anything either way. It just says you like to talk a lot, baddies and goodies do that.
Go for Pavel, folks.
what does everyone think about this?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

IrishEyes wrote:Bear with me here...

Regarding PFIDC...
Juice wrote:I really don't like something about this post, and most of the time I ignore my instincts, it ends up bad. I like also like the direction tfrizz has gone with this, as it would be a really sneaky way for one of the jellies to make a "oops I just random.org'ed him I swear" type of "mistake".
Juice wrote:Wait a minute, how many people did we have on the PFIDC wagon? If PFIDC ends up being a jelly, and it was more than a couple, look to these people that are all the sudden roaring on npv to contain a jelly or 2.
Jaysmiter mentions only 3 votes being on PFIDC, and we get this...
Juice wrote:Alright then, I'm not too attached. It's absolutely a possibility, but I'd rather thin the herd.

release PFIDC
net npv
For trusting your gut... you switched pretty damn fast. You were gung-ho about PFIDC, and then when people (me being one of them) started the bandwagon for npv, you were right there with us. I've learned to trust mine, as well. But before I cast my vote, I'm putting this up for discussion.
You're gut only gets you so far around here IE. I've got a gut, I just know when it's fighting a losing cause :thumb:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I've never seen Pavel stay alive long enough to really know how he plays the game.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Reasons:

1) Everyone who is not a first-timer knows (or should know) that he is the best at these games. Yet apparently no jelly attempt has been made on his life.

3) Pavel's quoting about why talking at night aids the baddies strikes me as very odd:
Pavel Bure wrote:*On the subject of night talking. The night being silent is usually an advantage for the mob. This is because mob can push to end a day vote early so that any RPs out there can't get their info out for public knowledge. Yes a RP can out themselves by talking at night but considering the usual ratio of mob to town(usually 1 mob for every 4 town) them outting themselves to take out even one baddie is a huge aid to the town. Because I'm what I would consider a purist to the game I hate the idea of allowing night talking. However I'm not the mod and quite frankly being a purist as well mod = god for the games.*
He has to know that night-talking is bad for the village. This quote just spins it IMO.

Pavel Bure wrote:Posting at night is a big risk cause even if I post something useful the mob can see that and then off me. It's like a catch-22
4) He has to know that offing an active talker such as c2i is not a good strategy on the first day. We all need info (unless we already have it). Whether c2i was good or bad is immaterial. He is usually an active participant, and that's what we need to get a handle on who's who and what's what in the village. Yet Pavel's response to c2i was
Pavel Bure wrote:I don't like this reasoning. Big deal you post a lot. That doesn't tell us anything either way. It just says you like to talk a lot, baddies and goodies do that.
Go for Pavel, folks.
Honestly... I think I can put PFIDC aside for a day to go for Pavel. He is an early target in every game he plays, and yet he wasn't one of the 3 killed???

release PensFanInDC
net Pavel Bure
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Reasons:

Go for Pavel, folks.
I like it! :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:
wallflower wrote:

I'm pretty sure he falls under 'hasn't posted anything of substance' [which I mentioned in my post where I netted him]. But whatever.