*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by beerman »

Kicksave wrote:tfrizz vs PFiDC screams pissy villager match. I don't want to vote for either one today.
that's why I didn't vote and the fact that it keeps going leads me to believe more and more that's all it is
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:yea, random.org has been a predetermined thing for like the last 6-7 games I've played. I can't believe people are questioning that on day two.
Here's the thing though...you have to think about it...a badguy seer investigates Senka night one...They then fake a random.org to incriminate him in hopes the village will vote for him. Figuring, well, if it doesn't take, we can kill him tonight, no one will question the random.org thing. Plus, if dagny is bad...how good does it make her look to be staunchly defending Senka?

This whole situation is shady, and if it's right...tfrizz is the man.

Also, keep in mind that there could be two (hell, even three) badguy teams, you know?
Or, a bad guy, uses the random.org vote against a real good guy and kills off another good one?

If this is the case, random.org instantly become useless on the first day and we all cry and moan.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Kicksave wrote:tfrizz vs PFiDC screams pissy villager match. I don't want to vote for either one today.
I agree with this.

I'd rather go after someone quiet. Has Hockeynut posted at all?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

tfrizz wrote:
crayz wrote:
beerman wrote:I like tfrizz's theory the more I think about it. At first I thought it seemed like a really big stretch but the more I think about it, that would be a really casual way for the jellies to put something out that they know almost always ends up getting the top person killed.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to vote with it right now but it's very interesting to me.
I understand what he is saying...but it doesn't seem like a smart strategy (PFIDC isn't a dumb player).

Let's say night 1 PFIDC (maybe a bad investigator) investigates Senka. The next day he puts a random list with Senka on top hoping for a kill. Town doesn't go for it, so he has boss kill Senka a night?

Why not just have the boss kill Senka at night anyway? Seems way to sloppy and obvious...but i guess ya never know
Because if he can get the town to kill Senka, that frees up another kill for the jellies.

The real question is why wouldn't they try it? Like Malk said, the Random.org list has become a staple of Day 1 voting... so how difficult would it be to generate your list, and slip Senka with whoever was at the top? It's a very clever, sneaky plan -- the kind of plan a smart player like PFIDC could come up with. The only kind of defense I'm seeing against it is "nobody questioned it before"; well, we haven't had a situation like this before.
It would be smarter to just have the boss kill him then risk being ousted. Even if the town did kill senka, realize senka was good...PFIDC would still look bad. Too many holes for me.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

beerman wrote:
that's why I didn't vote and the fact that it keeps going leads me to believe more and more that's all it is
See...I'm not getting that with this one. PFiDC got waaaaaaaaaaaaay too defensive waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for me. He had one vote on him on kind of an off-the-wall claim and he gets all crazy. I'm thinking tfrizz struck a nerve...I'm with tfrizz 100% on this one. It has the potential to be a smart catch of a smart move by a smart player.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:Senka being good makes me not go after dagny as much - possibly they were seashell partners so dagny knew?

Dagny- I don't have the time at the moment to go back to your defense posts....All I was saying was, a few days ago we were in the chat room (before the game) and people said THG will die first, and you said something like if that is the case I may stop playing these games...stuff shouldn't carry over. But then, Senka goes on the block and you pull a 180 and say you'd rather vote off the noob (who is a noob because of previous games) to keep Senka.

You posted 4 other posts in your reply to me, but those were all after the case. Your first vote (before THG was talking like a guy who wanted to die) was to vote him off and save senka. Therefore, imo, all other posts are irrelevant.

as i said, not quite ready to vote on dagny again...but I found her actions very interesting.
When I was reading through this last night I was thinking the same thing. Crayz's reason for voting for her was that she was using logic that she said she didn't want to use previously. He quoted her vote post which clearly backed up that point. It certainly seemed like she was basing the vote on previous game play because she said, "There's no way I'd go after Senka this early, unless I was sure, or had SOME evidence, that he's a bad guy. Again, great idea guys, go after the active/thinking players first." So she didn't want to vote for Senka because he's been an active player in the past. Then in her night-time defense post she points out that, "I feel bad voting for thg, too, but if it's a choice between a noob and a Senka, for the very first vote, I'm gonna take a noob." So again, she's taking into account previous game play.

It's probably nothing, but the fact that she got so defensive about it when crayz's reasoning wasn't flawed or a case of misquoting seemed odd. Also, this seems to happen each game where there's a back and forth between two players and it often only causes disarray in the village.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:
See...I'm not getting that with this one. PFiDC got waaaaaaaaaaaaay too defensive waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for me. He had one vote on him on kind of an off-the-wall claim and he gets all crazy. I'm thinking tfrizz struck a nerve...I'm with tfrizz 100% on this one. It has the potential to be a smart catch of a smart move by a smart player.
I agree it has the potential to be a great catch on a sly move. But I've though that before in situations like this, it seems every time one of these little villager feuds start up it's because of a vote that has a off the wall feel to it and then the person getting voted for get's defensive and everything goes in circles from there. It has the potential to have a jelly in it and possible even 2 (hey ya never know :lol: ) but these things almost always seem to end up being 2 villagers.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm not voting for Tfrizz of PfiDC. I'd like this situation to last another day and see what happens. Looks to me like it's just baby mama drama.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:Okay, so are we saying that we shouldn't use random.org anymore? If I would have known I wouldnt have used it this time. It's used almost every game and all of a sudden people get suspicious about it.
I think the point is that in this specific game, based on how things turned out, it draws suspicion.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I just random.org'ed it and out of every option I had (vote PFiDC, vote PFiDC, vote PFiDC, don't not vote PFiDC) I got "vote PFiDC"

:pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Personally I'd like to take out another quiet player and go from there. Too much of this screams "hey look at this guy! Here's my kinda logical reasoning on day two. VOTE VOTE VOTE, hey why won't you vote! You must be badzorz. VOTE VOTE VOTE"
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:
But PFiDC is always vocal and plays kind of :scared:. If we're using this reasoning, I'd rather look dagny's way. She's never a :scared: sort of player. Her getting all defensive after only 2-3 votes when the bandwagon was pretty full is way more suspicious to me than PFiDC vs tfrizz.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:
thats a good point. i didnt really suspect pfidc and i had thought tfrizz may have been bad during the last day phase but he did get really defensive after one vote
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

net Pavel Bure

Reasons:

1) Everyone who is not a first-timer knows (or should know) that he is the best at these games. Yet apparently no jelly attempt has been made on his life.

2) Who better to pick out two good RPs so early?

3) Pavel's quoting about why talking at night aids the baddies strikes me as very odd:
Pavel Bure wrote:*On the subject of night talking. The night being silent is usually an advantage for the mob. This is because mob can push to end a day vote early so that any RPs out there can't get their info out for public knowledge. Yes a RP can out themselves by talking at night but considering the usual ratio of mob to town(usually 1 mob for every 4 town) them outting themselves to take out even one baddie is a huge aid to the town. Because I'm what I would consider a purist to the game I hate the idea of allowing night talking. However I'm not the mod and quite frankly being a purist as well mod = god for the games.*
He has to know that night-talking is bad for the village. This quote just spins it IMO.

Now he contradicts that previous quote with this:
Pavel Bure wrote:Posting at night is a big risk cause even if I post something useful the mob can see that and then off me. It's like a catch-22
4) He has to know that offing an active talker such as c2i is not a good strategy on the first day. We all need info (unless we already have it). Whether c2i was good or bad is immaterial. He is usually an active participant, and that's what we need to get a handle on who's who and what's what in the village. Yet Pavel's response to c2i was
Pavel Bure wrote:I don't like this reasoning. Big deal you post a lot. That doesn't tell us anything either way. It just says you like to talk a lot, baddies and goodies do that.
Go for Pavel, folks.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Malkamaniac wrote:Personally I'd like to take out another quiet player and go from there. Too much of this screams "hey look at this guy! Here's my kinda logical reasoning on day two. VOTE VOTE VOTE, hey why won't you vote! You must be badzorz. VOTE VOTE VOTE"
I think for possibly the first time EVAR! I'm with you on this. And going along those lines.

net Hockeynut!

Don't know if he's posted at all, and if he has, it hasn't been much.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

[quote="Kicksave"]

Oh, I agree with the Dagny part. Her night adventures are really, really suspicious. Like I said, I'm for a dagny vote, too.

I see your reasoning, kicksave...but what I don't understand are the people really highly defending PFiDC...remember kids, it's only day 2...bandwagon votes based on not a whole lot happen :thumb:

Except this time, I think there is a solid base to go from.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

IrishEyes wrote:Has Hockeynut posted at all?
Sort the thread by author to see how many times each player has posted. Hockeynut! has posted numerous times.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I agree with a lot of what you're saying redwill. However, I think it's hard to say right now that pavel hasn't been targeted by the jellies. If he hasn't, suspicious though.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

redwill wrote:
Sort the thread by author to see how many times each player has posted. Hockeynut! has posted numerous times.
WHOA I did not know you could do this mind=blown
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

slappybrown wrote:
redwill wrote:
follow up how do i do this aahahaha
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

slappybrown wrote:
redwill wrote:
how do i do this?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
how do i do this?
bottom of the thread...there are 3 (for me grey) pulldown boxes.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Hey, I've posted. :) I checked in when I got up and the recap wasn't up so I assumed nothing was going to happen until after 11am.

I'm doing some research now into some past comments. I know who I wanted to vote for yesterday and didn't, instead jumping on the bandwagon that took out an innocent. I just want to check a couple thing and I'll be voting.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IrishEyes wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Personally I'd like to take out another quiet player and go from there. Too much of this screams "hey look at this guy! Here's my kinda logical reasoning on day two. VOTE VOTE VOTE, hey why won't you vote! You must be badzorz. VOTE VOTE VOTE"
I think for possibly the first time EVAR! I'm with you on this. And going along those lines.

net Hockeynut!

Don't know if he's posted at all, and if he has, it hasn't been much.
It just seems to weird that people are basing a what if on a random.org vote.

Everything from this game and future games is thrown out the window because of a what if thing.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

jaysmiter wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
how do i do this?
bottom of the thread...there are 3 (for me grey) pulldown boxes.
woah neat!