*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by tfrizz »

PensFanInDC wrote:You have got to be kidding me. So, I'm the first person to use the random.org on day 1 and get flamed for it. That's wicked uncool.

I usually don't like the "youre voting for me so Im voting for you" excuse, but you're pushing hard for me (a good guy) and your evidence is weaker than Godards wrist shot. When someone pushes this hard and has no evidence (yet claims to have something concrete) it's very suspicious to me.

net tfrizz
Do what you must, but I've posted my reasoning. You're either a jelly, and made Senka show up at the top of your list... or its a huge coincidence, because there was only a 3% chance it would happen.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

beerman wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:Net Dagny

I thought she was bad before the whole crayz epidemic, and then she came out and jumped to huge defense at night so she had no chance of being voted off ( i understand your time difference we all do)

that was just to much, you said you wanted to get it out incase you didnt make it to the day. what would it matter?

your bad trying to stir the pot at night
Maybe im just ignorant at this game but I'm not sure that I agree. She was all about saving Senka and even wants him to come back from the dead.
That could've just been said to throw everyone off though, not that I disagree with you just throwing it out there.

LiTT, do you have any more reason/still think your seashell buddy is a jelly?
I see what you are saying. I'm willing to let Dags alone for now. I wasn't too keen on her reasons to keep Senka around (which I was wrong about but it was a random choice). Now that we have progressed there is a little, if not much, to go on. I don't think I see her as bad just yet but I can't really trust anyone now that my seashell partner is gone.

I am also interested to hear what LITT has to say about npv, although it would take a lot for me to change my vote. I'm not a fan of vote switching unless something really hardcore comes up.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

PensFanInDC wrote:I am also interested to hear what LITT has to say about npv, although it would take a lot for me to change my vote. I'm not a fan of vote switching unless something really hardcore comes up.
he hasnt replied to any of my messages even tho he is opening them. i am interested to net him to see the result but i am beginning to wonder if his role prevents him from saying anything
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

tfrizz wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:You have got to be kidding me. So, I'm the first person to use the random.org on day 1 and get flamed for it. That's wicked uncool.

I usually don't like the "youre voting for me so Im voting for you" excuse, but you're pushing hard for me (a good guy) and your evidence is weaker than Godards wrist shot. When someone pushes this hard and has no evidence (yet claims to have something concrete) it's very suspicious to me.

net tfrizz
Do what you must, but I've posted my reasoning. You're either a jelly, and made Senka show up at the top of your list... or its a huge coincidence, because there was only a 3% chance it would happen.
It was a 3% chance that ANYONE would be at the top of the list. There was a 3% chance that he would have been at the bottom.

Your reasoning that there was only a 3% chance is terrible. It's RANDOM. I dont recall anyone ever being flamed for using random.org on day 1. As a matter of fact it's common and has netted some baddies in the past. Everyone knows that the odds of getting a baddie on day 1 are very low (lets use 3%). If we decided to vote for NAN just to net nan then it was 3%. If we wanted to vote for THG because he's becoming the new NAN then it was 3%. It was day 1. The odds sucked either way and I took the initiative and used random.org. There was even a poster that said after I posted the random results that I "beat him to it".

Let me ask you this: If NAN was #1 on the list instead, would you still use this reasoning to vote for me?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Senka being good makes me not go after dagny as much - possibly they were seashell partners so dagny knew?

Dagny- I don't have the time at the moment to go back to your defense posts....All I was saying was, a few days ago we were in the chat room (before the game) and people said THG will die first, and you said something like if that is the case I may stop playing these games...stuff shouldn't carry over. But then, Senka goes on the block and you pull a 180 and say you'd rather vote off the noob (who is a noob because of previous games) to keep Senka.

You posted 4 other posts in your reply to me, but those were all after the case. Your first vote (before THG was talking like a guy who wanted to die) was to vote him off and save senka. Therefore, imo, all other posts are irrelevant.

as i said, not quite ready to vote on dagny again...but I found her actions very interesting.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

PensFanInDC wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:maybe i missed something but how does that implicate pfidc?
He was the first one to vote for Senka. A random list of the 33 people that were left means everyone had only a 3% chance of showing up at the top of that list; but if he's a jelly, why wouldn't he do a Random.org list and move Senka to the top... playing it off like it was just a random vote?

Basically.... the odds of PensFanInDC's list having Senka as the vote is 3% if he's a good, or 100% if he's bad.
You have got to be kidding me. So, I'm the first person to use the random.org on day 1 and get flamed for it. That's wicked uncool.

I really don't like something about this post, and most of the time I ignore my instincts, it ends up bad. I like also like the direction tfrizz has gone with this, as it would be a really sneaky way for one of the jellies to make a "oops I just random.org'ed him I swear" type of "mistake".

net PFIDC
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

net sdm5055

Not ready to condemn PFiDC, although he is the #2 suspect on my list. SDM just seems strangely adamant about voting off Dags, who was defending Senka from the start.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I've decided that I don't like people who talk about the game in the chat, either. When I got killed in Hollywood Wars, it was because I outed myself with stuff I said in the chat to dagny. Now, that worked out well for the village that time, but it can be just as good for the baddies as well.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I like tfrizz's theory the more I think about it. At first I thought it seemed like a really big stretch but the more I think about it, that would be a really casual way for the jellies to put something out that they know almost always ends up getting the top person killed.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to vote with it right now but it's very interesting to me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lol @ the first day random voting problems. This is seriously the first game where people have started questioning it?

2 and a half hour commute does not make for a happy Malkamaniac
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

shafnutz05 wrote:net sdm5055

Not ready to condemn PFiDC, although he is the #2 suspect on my list. SDM just seems strangely adamant about voting off Dags, who was defending Senka from the start.
That is pretty suspicious...

NET sdm5055
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

PensFanInDC wrote:Let me ask you this: If NAN was #1 on the list instead, would you still use this reasoning to vote for me?
You mean... NAN, the other good RP killed by the jellies?

You can't honestly tell me it wouldn't be a good play by the jellies to do that. What better way to get rid of the angel, when he gets sniffed out on Night 1, than to play it off as a random vote on Day 1? Since that failed, they tried killing him on Night 2a, and successfully did so on Night 2b.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Okay, so are we saying that we shouldn't use random.org anymore? If I would have known I wouldnt have used it this time. It's used almost every game and all of a sudden people get suspicious about it.

Alright, that's cool. We'll see what happens if I get voted off, but I hope I don't. Juice, you sir just moved to #2 on my list. You and tfrizz are both bad.

:twisted: :D
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

net PFiDC

Gonna go with Juice and tfrizz on this one. I do, however, like the idea of a Dagny vote...so I am open to that, as well.

Juice is usually pretty perceptive on these things
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

yea, random.org has been a predetermined thing for like the last 6-7 games I've played. I can't believe people are questioning that on day two.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

PensFanInDC wrote:Okay, so are we saying that we shouldn't use random.org anymore? If I would have known I wouldnt have used it this time. It's used almost every game and all of a sudden people get suspicious about it.

Alright, that's cool. We'll see what happens if I get voted off, but I hope I don't. Juice, you sir just moved to #2 on my list. You and tfrizz are both bad.

:twisted: :D
They're bad because they think you're bad?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

beerman wrote:I like tfrizz's theory the more I think about it. At first I thought it seemed like a really big stretch but the more I think about it, that would be a really casual way for the jellies to put something out that they know almost always ends up getting the top person killed.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to vote with it right now but it's very interesting to me.
I understand what he is saying...but it doesn't seem like a smart strategy (PFIDC isn't a dumb player).

Let's say night 1 PFIDC (maybe a bad investigator) investigates Senka. The next day he puts a random list with Senka on top hoping for a kill. Town doesn't go for it, so he has boss kill Senka a night?

Why not just have the boss kill Senka at night anyway? Seems way to sloppy and obvious...but i guess ya never know
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

tfrizz wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Let me ask you this: If NAN was #1 on the list instead, would you still use this reasoning to vote for me?
You mean... NAN, the other good RP killed by the jellies?

You can't honestly tell me it wouldn't be a good play by the jellies to do that. What better way to get rid of the angel, when he gets sniffed out on Night 1, than to play it off as a random vote on Day 1? Since that failed, they tried killing him on Night 2a, and successfully did so on Night 2b.
I used NAN as my example because of the "lynch NAN" joke. Dont turn it around and make it something it's not.

I just find it odd that all of sudden we are bashing random voting on day 1.

Like I said, if people want to be sheep and follow you, that's fine, not good for the village, but fine.

It's also interesting that the 3 people on the top of my list have all liked the "lets get the guy who used random.org" theory.

Remember that if I'm voted off

tfrizz
Juice
Beerman
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

WTFF. tfrizz, you're logic is flawed. Sorry, but you chose PFIDC because of "the" vs. "a" hobo. You have got to be kidding me.

Net tfrizz
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

tfrizz vs PFiDC screams pissy villager match. I don't want to vote for either one today.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:yea, random.org has been a predetermined thing for like the last 6-7 games I've played. I can't believe people are questioning that on day two.
Here's the thing though...you have to think about it...a badguy seer investigates Senka night one...They then fake a random.org to incriminate him in hopes the village will vote for him. Figuring, well, if it doesn't take, we can kill him tonight, no one will question the random.org thing. Plus, if dagny is bad...how good does it make her look to be staunchly defending Senka?

This whole situation is shady, and if it's right...tfrizz is the man.

Also, keep in mind that there could be two (hell, even three) badguy teams, you know?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

PensFanInDC wrote:Juice, you sir just moved to #2 on my list.
Blah blah blah I'm usually #1 on everyone's list.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

net tfrizz i was suspicious of him earlier and his pfidc vote doesnt really have any reasoning. it will be bad to lose his vote collecting abilities tho
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

crayz wrote:
beerman wrote:I like tfrizz's theory the more I think about it. At first I thought it seemed like a really big stretch but the more I think about it, that would be a really casual way for the jellies to put something out that they know almost always ends up getting the top person killed.

I understand what he is saying...but it doesn't seem like a smart strategy (PFIDC isn't a dumb player).

Let's say night 1 PFIDC (maybe a bad investigator) investigates Senka. The next day he puts a random list with Senka on top hoping for a kill. Town doesn't go for it, so he has boss kill Senka a night?

Why not just have the boss kill Senka at night anyway? Seems way to sloppy and obvious...but i guess ya never know
Because if he can get the town to kill Senka, that frees up another kill for the jellies.

The real question is why wouldn't they try it? Like Malk said, the Random.org list has become a staple of Day 1 voting... so how difficult would it be to generate your list, and slip Senka with whoever was at the top? It's a very clever, sneaky plan -- the kind of plan a smart player like PFIDC could come up with. The only kind of defense I'm seeing against it is "nobody questioned it before"; well, we haven't had a situation like this before.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Twisted Wrister wrote:WTFF. tfrizz, you're logic is flawed. Sorry, but you chose PFIDC because of "the" vs. "a" hobo. You have got to be kidding me.

Net tfrizz
I dunno, the mods seem to have their crap in order. Doesn't seem too off the wall to me. Plus, if an RP is called "The Inebriated Hobo" why would they use "hobo" there? It just doesn't all add up to a simple slip of the keyboard.