LGP Political Discussion Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: LGP Politcal Discussion Thread

Post by doublem »

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/sara ... /palin_fox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who didn't see this coming? :thumb: :thumb: :pop:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

doublem wrote:http://www.salon.com/news/politics/sara ... /palin_fox

Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

doublem wrote:http://www.salon.com/news/politics/sara ... /palin_fox

Good fit. I don't know who wants to see Blago on NBC though. but he did come up with a stranger quote with Reid.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01 ... ack-obama/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't watch reality shows but I'd make an exception if they made a reality-type survival show for pols. I'd watch a format where they had even a very slight chance of getting eaten by crocs, sinking in quicksand, etc. Definitely inhumane but highly entertaining.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Bin Laden proclaimed his grand strategy in the 1990’s. He would oust the modern "Crusaders’ by luring the US and its allies into a series of small, debilitating, hugely expensive wars to bleed and slowly bankrupt the US economy, which he called America’s Achilles’ heel.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/margolis/margolis176.html

This would make a great premise for a hilarious movie... unfortunately it's real, it's working, and we (the U.S.) are the butt of the joke.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

[urlhttp://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_op ... for_grabs/[/url]

The man that could save the United States of America (or at least take away the Democrats' supermajority). If the GOP manages to steal a Senate seat in Massachusetts, that will be one of the biggest political upsets in history. It will also make Obama look about 10 times worse than he already does.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by SoupOrSam »

And so it begins. The dictation of socialized and unconstitutional healthcare!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582 ... latestnews

:pop:
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Is this in any way surprising to anybody?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

http://salon.com/technology/google/inde ... _and_china" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After discovering a coordinated cyber-attack, originating in China, targeting the Gmail accounts of Chinese human rights activists, Google has decided to stop self-censoring its search results in China, in full knowledge that the action could mean closing down its Chinese operations altogether. Google's chief legal officer, David Drummond, made the announcement on Google's corporate blog at 3 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
Good for them. :thumb:
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Heres a question, if both parties ever agreed 100% on something that would have major implications for the country, would everybody like it or would everybody hate it?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Kaizer wrote:Heres a question, if both parties ever agreed 100% on something that would have major implications for the country, would everybody like it or would everybody hate it?
Mixed I would say. Depends on what it was, I guess.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Kaizer wrote:Heres a question, if both parties ever agreed 100% on something that would have major implications for the country, would everybody like it or would everybody hate it?
The odds of it being something I would agree with are so slim, it's probably safe to say I'd hate it. ;)
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

"A year later, America is stronger because of the president's leadership," said Ben Rhodes, deputy national security advisor for strategic communications, in a White House blog post.
LULZ
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

shafnutz05 wrote:
"A year later, America is stronger because of the president's leadership," said Ben Rhodes, deputy national security advisor for strategic communications, in a White House blog post.
LULZ
When did Mike Richards get elected?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

makes me sick. I just don't understand how this gov't works...
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

eddysnake wrote:
makes me sick. I just don't understand how this gov't works...
In much the same manner as the mafia...

"Quantitative Easing" my ass - they inflate the bubble and enrich themselves and their friends, and then they pop the bubble and enrich themselves and their friends, and then they offer a "solution" that - surprise, surprise - enriches themselves and their friends.

These people should face jail time, or worse. But instead the American sheep cheer them on. Even as the bastards impoverish them, they'll keep turning to them for answers.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

It is mafia. They're all crooks. I am so sick of the government, and the bankers, and all the rest of them, that I really don't know what to say anymore. Which is why I haven't been posting much in this thread. I don't see a way out at the moment, they have such a grasp on everything and anyone involved in running this country.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama will ask Congress for an additional $33 billion to fight unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq on top of a record $708 billion for the Defense Department next year
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100113/D9D6RFGG1.html

doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

I don't see a way out at the moment, they have such a grasp on everything and anyone involved in running this country.
Acceptance?
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

doublem wrote:
I don't see a way out at the moment, they have such a grasp on everything and anyone involved in running this country.
Acceptance?
So this is what it's like to have the country run by retards.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

cs6687 wrote:
doublem wrote:
Acceptance?
So this is what it's like to have the country run by retards.
Explain to me a situation where anything in this country will change? Who is this leader that will/can get elected to change the system ? If you see a person more power to you. At this point the system is so far gone the only thing to save it is a revolution.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

My guess is as good as yours. I'm just glad I didn't vote for Obama. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I really hope everyone who voted for him is regretting it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

doublem wrote:
Acceptance?
Well, not acceptance, but a realization that I'm too little to do anything. I'd rather focus on something else, than let the anger consume me. I moved to this country as a kid in the early 80's and loved it. I don't recognize this country, the idea even, anymore. What was it some pages back... 1 in 6 kids live in poverty with not enough to eat at some point when growing up? This isn't supposed to go on in America.

I hope that someone emerges and pulls the people one day and I'll be right with him/her.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... ar.Funding

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will ask Congress for an additional $33 billion to fight unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq on top of a record $708 billion for the Defense Department next year, The Associated Press has learned — a request that could be an especially hard sell to some of the administration's Democratic allies.

WTF. WTF?????? How much money are we going to pour into that BS? All the money we wasted that could have been used for healthcare, social security, schooling, infrastructure. F this government.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tluke53 »

I agree completely with the proceeding posts. I said it before and probably got ridiculed, but I don't understand why during the election people thought it was a good thing that Obama wanted to go to Afghanistan. It's still the escalation of a war that benefits very few US citizens. It's not financially prudent.