*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Ok, so develops have occurred. I guess its safe to say that everyone has a seashell buddy then. net penscup

I want to see where this goes with dags.
so when i was asking if everyone could be in contact with someone to check to make sure that i wasn't a mason and there may have been a mistake, you did you jump on it and say i was making something up... do you not have a seashell buddy?
I do.

My apologies c2i... I was only paying half-attention to what I was reading.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

tfrizz wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Ok, so develops have occurred. I guess its safe to say that everyone has a seashell buddy then. net penscup

I want to see where this goes with dags.
so when i was asking if everyone could be in contact with someone to check to make sure that i wasn't a mason and there may have been a mistake, you did you jump on it and say i was making something up... do you not have a seashell buddy?
I do.

no biggie, just trying to figure things out...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:
tfrizz wrote:[quote="count2infinity"so when i was asking if everyone could be in contact with someone to check to make sure that i wasn't a mason and there may have been a mistake, you did you jump on it and say i was making something up... do you not have a seashell buddy?
I do.

no biggie, just trying to figure things out...[/quote]

I'm going to guess the "seashell buddy" idea was implemented to stop people from checking the "Who's Online" list for PMers... since everyone has the ability to PM freely with their seashell buddy.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

If everyone has a Sea-Shell buday, does that mean some people might be in contact with evil RPs?
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Twisted Wrister wrote:If everyone has a Sea-Shell buday, does that mean some people might be in contact with evil RPs?
Interesting... :?:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Twisted Wrister wrote:If everyone has a Sea-Shell buday, does that mean some people might be in contact with evil RPs?
It's either one of two things...

1) everyone has a seashell buddy and some could be hooked up with bad RP's
2) good guys have seashell buddies and the bad RP's are lying about having one

if i had to guess i'd guess the 1st is the most probable.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

count2infinity wrote:

I think you're first scenario is likely correct.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm caught up now, and at the risk of not being alive by morning, want to point out that crayz took a quote of mine out of context, and you all fell for it, hook line and sinker.

If you'd done your own research, instead of just relying on one quoted post, you'd have seen the post he did not quote, which says, I feel bad for voting thg first, but if it's a choice between a noob and and Senka on the first day, I'll take the noob.

Then the other posts where thg's posting, itself, seals the deal for me. He was very rude to a poster who was trying to be nice to him by changing their vote off of him, then I point out that he seems to be ASKING to be voted for, so I mentioned the last voter be careful, cuz he might be a bomb. But, y'know, thorough research there, crayz, real thorough. :pop:

Nice try, though, setting me up when you know I'm not gonna be around to defend myself.

I'll dig all those posts up for y'all, if you need me to.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:
count2infinity wrote:

I think you're first scenario is likely correct.
Agreed. If you do have a seashell buddy and are a good person, be very careful what you disclose. Could be a double agent on the other side. I think that happened in a previous game.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i dont understand how we all fell for it? like four people voted for you.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i dont understand how we all fell for it? like four people voted for you.
Then those would be the ones to fall under the category, all. :P
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

dagny wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i dont understand how we all fell for it? like four people voted for you.
Then those would be the ones to fall under the category, all. :P
:) :thumb:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

dagny wrote:I'm caught up now, and at the risk of not being alive by morning, want to point out that crayz took a quote of mine out of context, and you all fell for it, hook line and sinker.

If you'd done your own research, instead of just relying on one quoted post, you'd have seen the post he did not quote, which says, I feel bad for voting thg first, but if it's a choice between a noob and and Senka on the first day, I'll take the noob.

Then the other posts where thg's posting, itself, seals the deal for me. He was very rude to a poster who was trying to be nice to him by changing their vote off of him, then I point out that he seems to be ASKING to be voted for, so I mentioned the last voter be careful, cuz he might be a bomb. But, y'know, thorough research there, crayz, real thorough. :pop:

Nice try, though, setting me up when you know I'm not gonna be around to defend myself.

I'll dig all those posts up for y'all, if you need me to.
if i'm alive after the night, i'll reply. not gonna say anything pertinent during night phase.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

dagny wrote:
redwill wrote:
Juice wrote:even if count2infinity is a good guy, we're getting rid of someone that couldn't see why what they were saying was bad. How is that a bad thing?
I 100% agree that night-talking is bad. However, many have defended it. For example, I think it was in the game I modded (SWIII) that dagny vehemently defended night-talking.

count2infinity has been an active player in past games. Even if he's bad, he puts info out there.

I'm currently in the position that I won't vote for Senka but don't really want to vote for poor thg. And c2i isn't a good option, IMO. So I'll reluctantly stick with thg for now unless new info comes up.
My opinion is, and has been, we know the consequences. If anyone is stupid enough to give anything away, they deserve what they get.

I'm finally catching up in the old WW game threads. It seems Juice, canaan, and jaysmiter have always been against talking at night. They just don't like it.

I'm also, finally, seeing the benefit of not making the first vote be debated for days on end. It's been quite educational, AND entertaining. :lol:

I've never played with penscup. He seems to be awfully agressive in the games i've read up on. I feel bad voting for thg, too, but if it's a choice between a noob and a Senka, for the very first vote, I'm gonna take a noob.

I could go for a vote for penscup, just cuz I've never played a game with him. *shrug*
dagny wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I dont like all this back and forth voting on me. If you are going to bandwagon someone why not just get it over with?
Well, I was considering changing my vote, but... you heard the man!

(Careful whomever is the last vote. When someone invites a killing, I'm now always wary of possible bombs.)
dagny wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
IrishEyes wrote: It's day 1, dude. Don't read so much into it. You haven't had a chance to play a full game yet, and I didn't want to be one of the people preventing that.

All I am wondering is why you changed your mind. So that too much to ask?
I'm home from work and getting caught up.

Wow. Really?

She's trying to be nice. Everyone that pulled their votes from you is trying to be nice, but you're not big on reciprocation, eh? She says, right there, that she didn't want to prevent you from being able to play the game a little longer.

I have a bit to go to catch up, but you really seem like you WANT to be voted for.
Paints a little different picture than the one crayz painted, eh?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

So I have been debating this. I will open it for discussion. I think my sea shell buddy is bad. I have sent three messages, two have been opened, none have Been returned. They have not Been active except for a vote (I think) but have been on the board. They are a regular poster. Should i out them in case i die tonight?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:So I have been debating this. I will open it for discussion. I think my sea shell buddy is bad. I have sent three messages, two have been opened, none have Been returned. They have not Been active except for a vote (I think) but have been on the board. They are a regular poster. Should i out them in case i die tonight?

idk if you should out them based on maybe dying. its possible you die anyways and your buddy is good. but if yu are suspicious, out them. it will give us food for thought if yu die, but i wouldnt say HES DF BAD if you die..
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:So I have been debating this. I will open it for discussion. I think my sea shell buddy is bad. I have sent three messages, two have been opened, none have Been returned. They have not Been active except for a vote (I think) but have been on the board. They are a regular poster. Should i out them in case i die tonight?

I'd say out your buddy if you want to.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

your call. i'm not a fan of night talk w/ substance.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Maybe your buddy is afraid you're bad?

Maybe they don't know they have a new PM. I have PMs in my outbox, going back a few yrs, that people have NEVER opened. There's one from a few days ago to Gaucho. Regular poster, right? He hasn't opened it. I'm assuming he hasn't noticed that he has a new PM.

All i'm saying is, think of all the possibilities, first. Ultimately, you have to decide, though.

Also, whoever your buddy is, they'll now see your concern about not hearing from them.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Right. They opened the first two messages tho and didn't reply which has me curious
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Right. They opened the first two messages tho and didn't reply which has me curious
other option is they don't trust that you are good and would rather not talk to someone else and risk anything.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Also not saying regular posters don't check PMs I was trying to say they have been active elsewhere but just not here. Sorry for being unclear
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Maybe your buddy is bhaw and you are accidently sending it to the other Brian (bwri). :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:Maybe your buddy is bhaw and you are accidently sending it to the other Brian (bwri). :pop:
it's Brad

:pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Maybe your buddy is bhaw and you are accidently sending it to the other Brian (bwri). :pop:
it's Brad

:pop:
Damnit. I blew it. (that's what she said)