NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by the wicked child »

So... what's the count? :pop:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Senka, I think you are looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into this...

Clearly there is someone out there that has a power to reset what has happened. Either that or the mods screwed up =P

I don't think it's as crazy as you think.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

jaysmiter wrote:Senka, I think you are looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into this...

Clearly there is someone out there that has a power to reset what has happened. Either that or the mods screwed up =P

I don't think it's as crazy as you think.
Says the baddie who just recruited a new player :scared:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

One possibility is a Reviver role. But why use it on C2I and so early? Possibility: C2I is the Reviver; nub is a Reviver, lulz, etc.

Another possibility: some kind of time shifter/travel role. The writeup specifically mentions that it is now Day 1 again. So not only is C2I back from the dead, the mods made a point of saying it was day 1 again. But if this is someone's ability, why use it so early? And clearly, it has to happen early -- we couldnt have a rewind 10 nights in. Also fits in with the Lost-ish theme the mods have going on. Possibilties: C2I is some kind of time travel role; someone is a nub and is using a powerful role in ways they dont understand.

I dont think there is a Governor role, unless the mods changed it up a bit. under that role, C2I would have been pardoned off the bat after being lynched.

another possibility is that there is some automatic thing with C2I that just happened. That seems awful convenient though with 34 people and we pick the one with this crazy auto-time flashback-back from the dead thing.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Forgot one more thing -- the "jelly repellant." I suppose that could fit in with any of the above. Someone uses it to keep all the baddies at bay for one night as part of the revival/time shift. I think more likely is that the jelly repellant was independant of the time shifting and revival things. So there could be up to 3 separate actions that we know of at this point, and any number of other possible actions that were blocked, failed, or unused.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Corvidae wrote:Hang on... cloud conference...
This post by corv leads me to believe that one of the RPs made the decision at night to use some sort of power. Corv made this post after twc had posted that we had a write-up coming and the mods needed to sort out what was to happen.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i don't have any special powers...so the only possibility is someone else using a role of some sort (which was a dumb move if you ask me as i'm not an RP, but i appreciate it).
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

If we do have some Lost time travel kind of stuff going on, the below game has one way it could be executed, and seems like some of it might be applicable:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... f25c6a7222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Major Rule Changes:

Q: How is time travel incorporated into the game?

A: Many night choices will occur on nights that are not the current one. For example, some roles could be used on night 2 to enact a change on night 5, or on night 1. Performing actions in the future will just have a delayed effect. Performing actions in the past may cause time to be rewritten. If/when this happens, I will post an updated timeline, though I'll leave the old timeline in its original post to keep for your records.

Q: Wait, so if I die, I might come back to life? How does that work?

Sure, if a doctor goes back in time to protect you on the night you were killed. If this happens, you'll be caught up to the game, and history will be re-written because of your presence in each intermediate day. Because of this (IMPORTANT), all dead players must keep up with the game, and submit votes and night-choices to me (privately, through PM) as if they were still alive. These will be their actions if they are brought back to life.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

if it was a good RP that did this it's interesting that the mods spelled out the good RP's at the beginning but didn't mention this role.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

sdm5055 wrote:if it was a good RP that did this it's interesting that the mods spelled out the good RP's at the beginning but didn't mention this role.
They spelled out 3, but didnt say that was all of the good roles or all of the roles at all. I think it specifically said youd have to discover the rest of the roles, whether good or bad, yourself.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

slappybrown wrote:If we do have some Lost time travel kind of stuff going on, the below game has one way it could be executed, and seems like some of it might be applicable:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... f25c6a7222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Major Rule Changes:

Q: How is time travel incorporated into the game?

A: Many night choices will occur on nights that are not the current one. For example, some roles could be used on night 2 to enact a change on night 5, or on night 1. Performing actions in the future will just have a delayed effect. Performing actions in the past may cause time to be rewritten. If/when this happens, I will post an updated timeline, though I'll leave the old timeline in its original post to keep for your records.

Q: Wait, so if I die, I might come back to life? How does that work?

Sure, if a doctor goes back in time to protect you on the night you were killed. If this happens, you'll be caught up to the game, and history will be re-written because of your presence in each intermediate day. Because of this (IMPORTANT), all dead players must keep up with the game, and submit votes and night-choices to me (privately, through PM) as if they were still alive. These will be their actions if they are brought back to life.
:scared: but if this was the case wouldnt the mods have had to tell us this could happen so the dead would know to keep up? or would they tell each dead player?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

slappybrown wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:if it was a good RP that did this it's interesting that the mods spelled out the good RP's at the beginning but didn't mention this role.
They spelled out 3, but didnt say that was all of the good roles or all of the roles at all. I think it specifically said youd have to discover the rest of the roles, whether good or bad, yourself.
yeah your right when I first read it, I took it as bad roles you had to discover but after looking at it again you are correct
disregard my post
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

LOLWUT?!

I am sitting in the lobby of the Columbia Sheraton laughing hysterically at that writeup. Wow. This is a new twist.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

NET MARTY MCFLY
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I like the idea of "time travel" in the game...just another addition to a great game.

so...uh...well, we're at day 1 again...and I don't vote on day 1...so, continue about your business.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Senka wrote:Ok so this is my understanding. someone elaborate...

They tried killing a hobo & failed? Something crazy happened elsewhere and they brought C2I back (recruited him as bad guy) or the HoBo has some magical power that when hes stung, stuff hits the celing? idk. or nothing happened. im lost to be honest. the writeup wasnt clear (and i think for good reason)
I've read this at least three times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say, Senka. :? :lol:
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

So OK back to day 1. Do we just want to get rid of a non-active?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Announcement: 12 Time Limit is extended until 1:00PM tomorrow (instead of 8:00AM).
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Corvidae... can I ask a favor to have you strike out dead people in the OP so we don't have to search through crazy pages to see who is still in the game?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

jwienand wrote:Corvidae... can I ask a favor to have you strike out dead people in the OP so we don't have to search through crazy pages to see who is still in the game?
No problem. :thumb:
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Corvidae wrote:
jwienand wrote:Corvidae... can I ask a favor to have you strike out dead people in the OP so we don't have to search through crazy pages to see who is still in the game?
No problem. :thumb:
I always get good ideas when I've been drinking!!!
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Alright correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen penscup post anything.

net penscup
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Penscup posted earlier today.

Could c2i be a vampire? In this role if you're killed off you have the option of resurrecting as a bad guy.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Vampire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

jwienand wrote:Alright correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen penscup post anything.

net penscup
penscup voted to net malks after Senka threw his name out. Also asked Senka why he pulled the vote off.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

eh whatever, day 1 let the bandwagon begin. We took a shot with c2i and luckily now that doesn't matter.