What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by danisu21 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.

This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.
i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny. that, and my mom calls and leaves me voicemails of her saying "you know, cause i'm a pothole?" and it seriously DOES remind me of britney. (which is probably why it's so annoying)
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by K2 »

danisu21 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.

This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.
i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny. that, and my mom calls and leaves me voicemails of her saying "you know, cause i'm a pothole?" and it seriously DOES remind me of britney. (which is probably why it's so annoying)
Wow...I didn't read a single post in this thread, but this was the one that immediately came to mind. Brutal.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

The Best Buy christmas carol commercial is up there with the "Saved by Zero" commercial earlier this year in suckitude.

That commercial just makes me want to shop at Circuit City instead. Oh wait...
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by danisu21 »

oh, just for fun, i just saw a recent picture of jared fogel (the subway guy). he got fat again. i guess eating subway everyday really ISN'T that great of a diet plan..... :pop:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Steve wrote:The Best Buy christmas carol commercial is up there with the "Saved by Zero" commercial earlier this year in suckitude.

That commercial just makes me want to shop at Circuit City instead. Oh wait...
I came in here specifically to complain about the Best Buy commercials. :lol: So, yeah, I agree. :thumb:

The only holiday commercial that annoys me more at the moment is the Walmart one with the bad song/carol about not wanting to chase sales and instead being home reading stories by the tree. It makes me feel rage.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

danisu21 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny
:thumb: All my friends hate it, which is why when anything bad happens we all scream "OH NOOOOOO!!!"
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the best buy commercial and the stupid gap commercials are killing me. both involve people shouting at me to shop at their stores. i think i might seriously boycott cap exclusively because of these commercials.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Has anyone seen the recent Folgers (or maybe it's Maxwell House) commercials that are so overly corny it's ridiculous?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gap#p/f/1/SzwsEMd9iBo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will ruin your life.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Malkamaniac wrote:

I love that commercial. The girl has such a cool voice. If she had an audio CD, I'd probably buy it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

On the AT&T commercials - AT&T chose the wrong celebrity to star in those. Luke Wilson (Owen, too, for that matter) is so lethargic and boring, he literally puts me to sleep when I watch him. Could he talk any slower? Why does he always look like he was in pain? He acts like that, too. I would not buy a phone from him, no way, no how.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Sarcastic wrote:On the AT&T commercials - AT&T chose the wrong celebrity to star in those. Luke Wilson (Owen, too, for that matter) is so lethargic and boring, he literally puts me to sleep when I watch him. Could he talk any slower? Why does he always look like he was in pain? He acts like that, too. I would not buy a phone from him, no way, no how.
i never knew they were brothers
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

BAD NEWS PEOPLE

I noticed a Toyota ad on the internet today. What makes that bad news? Well, it was for a 0% financing offer.

And we all remember what happened last time toyota had a 0% financing offer

SAVED BY ZEEEEEEEROOOO
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

This is awful. How on Earth is this supposed to convey the spirit of the holidays? All it does is remind me that we are in tough economic times, that Americans too often overspend for their means, and that it can cause marital problems.

[youtube][/youtube]
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Those beer commercials (Miller Lite?) where the person really loves the beer. In aprticular the one where the guy can't say "love" except for when the waitress mentions the beer. RAGE.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

the wicked child wrote:Those beer commercials (Miller Lite?) where the person really loves the beer. In aprticular the one where the guy can't say "love" except for when the waitress mentions the beer. RAGE.
I love those. They're funny.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

tailgate tested tailgate approved...i just wanna punch that guy
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

any car commercial where they show the car on a closed course. i get it. that car can be driven.

basically, all car commercials.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

WOW! THAT'S A LOW PRICE!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

pronovost19 wrote:tailgate tested tailgate approved...i just wanna punch that guy
JIMMY FOOTBALL!!

I'm torn on this one. I can't stand the guy because he's over the top, but at the same time he's so annoying that it's kinda funny.

Then I remember that he was pitching Bud Light, so I went back to not being able to stand him.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Sarcastic wrote:I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.
:face:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

the wicked child wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

it's one of the miller light commercials

I too love it cause my ex enjoyed asking those stupid questions
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

All the Verizon & AT&T commercials... they are nothing but political smear campaigns.