LGP Political Discussion Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: LGP Politcal Discussion Thread

Post by Geezer »

PensFanInDC wrote:Image
Well as a Napolitano desciple you'd probably recommend focusing on American vets and the like as the largest terror threat. I guess we should quit wasting money opposing the sharia -inspired manmade disasters and spend that money on lightning defense.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Geezer wrote: Well as a Napolitano desciple you'd probably recommend focusing on American vets and the like as the largest terror threat. I guess we should quit wasting money opposing the sharia -inspired manmade disasters and spend that money on lightning defense.
Yep, that was his point. :roll:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231/ap_ ... _subpoenas

Hopefully Napolitano doesn't come after us too!!!
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

slappybrown wrote:
Geezer wrote: Well as a Napolitano desciple you'd probably recommend focusing on American vets and the like as the largest terror threat. I guess we should quit wasting money opposing the sharia -inspired manmade disasters and spend that money on lightning defense.
Yep, that was his point. :roll:
I got his pointalong with those of the terrorism-is-greatly-exaggerated crowd.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

shafnutz05 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231/ap_ ... _subpoenas

They consider administration critics as bigger enemies than than jihadists. The WH is reducing the Muslim threat and Iranians nuclear capability by tush kissing and prattling about how bad America was (until he took office ).
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Geezer wrote: I got his pointalong with those of the terrorism-is-greatly-exaggerated crowd.
<< member of the terrorism-is-greatly-exaggerated crowd.

Actually, I'm a member of the terrorism-has-been-used-as-an-excuse-to-subvert-our-liberties-and-engage-us-in-endless-wars-that-will-eventually-bankrupt-us-slash-enslave-us-to-a-police-state-all-over-something-that-our-imperialist-foreign-policy-bears-a-great-deal-of-responsibility-for... crowd. ;)

(that took a while to type! :) )
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Geezer wrote:Well as a Napolitano desciple you'd probably recommend focusing on American vets and the like as the largest terror threat. I guess we should quit wasting money opposing the sharia -inspired manmade disasters and spend that money on lightning defense.
Are you kidding me? I think most people here know how I feel about sharia law and terrorist attacks. I thought the statistics were pretty enlightening and it was meant to show that while we do have to worry about these attacks, that full body scanners and strip searching a soccer mom with 2 kids looking for bombs isn't going to work.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

As a, er, proud member of the United Pants-Wetters of America, I have to strongly reject and condemn this graphic for its use of statistics to imply that I and my fellow UPWA members should stop wetting our pants over Muslim bogeymen. That is all.
Last edited by HomerPenguin on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

You are 20 times more likely to be killed in a terrorist attack than you are to win the powerball jackpot. So take that, you damned commies.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

On a side note, I am aware of the odds. And yes, I don't think we should be walking around paranoid on a daily basis. But the threat IS out there, whether we like it or not. If you don't think al-Qaeda and their brethren are planning their next massive attack, you are quite naive.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

shafnutz05 wrote:On a side note, I am aware of the odds. And yes, I don't think we should be walking around paranoid on a daily basis. But the threat IS out there, whether we like it or not. If you don't think al-Qaeda and their brethren are planning their next massive attack, you are quite naive.
yeah but they seem to have been running the B-team out there lately...If you're plans are snuffed out by a dutch filmmaker, you're definitely off your game
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

This may be so, but as someone who was there at the WTC at the time of the attacks on 9/11, the odds were way to close for my comfort.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

RJW76 wrote:yeah but they seem to have been running the B-team out there lately...If you're plans are snuffed out by a dutch filmmaker, you're definitely off your game
Trade the crotch bomber for a scoring winger
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Wow...................

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index ... _hask.html
:shock:
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

This administration is very reminicent of the Nixonian crew. Coverups and managing the news seem to be a much larger priority than performing the enormous task off addressing jihadist terrorism and national defense with a maniacs with nukes runnung Iran.

They've done their best to cover up culpability in the Ft Hood terror attack. They won't even admit it's a terrorist attack by a jihadi and choose to define it as a crime related to mental health.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I will say this....people that followed Obama leading up to the election last year knew that he was bred in a very ruthless political system (Chicago/Illinois). Can you believe one of his main platform planks was transparency? This has been the most NON-transparent administration I have ever seen...Bush's administration was wide open compared to it. And Rahm Emanuel (or Rasputin, as I prefer to think of him as), is sitting behind the scenes manning the controls.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bh »

I don't get it. What difference does it make? Why would they try and cover that up?
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bh »

Geezer wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231/ap_ ... _subpoenas

They consider administration critics as bigger enemies than than jihadists. The WH is reducing the Muslim threat and Iranians nuclear capability by tush kissing and prattling about how bad America was (until he took office ).
I highly doubt this claim. People that try and kill American citizens are obvious enemies. What critics have been prosecuted? Do you have any proof or examples to back this claim up? The terrorist threat is small, look at the odds. :) A nuclear Iran is scary, but I still doubt that they'd use a bomb on us. America has done a lot of good things and a lot of bad things and continues to do both. Do you think that everything that we (USA) do is ordained by a higher power and therefore never wrong?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

bh wrote:

I don't get it. What difference does it make? Why would they try and cover that up?
You think that's bad? Look at what else they're covering up!
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

HomerPenguin wrote:
bh wrote:

You think that's bad? Look at what else they're covering up!
Does that have anything to do with this?

[youtube][/youtube]
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

HomerPenguin wrote:You think that's bad? Look at what else they're covering up!
I am constantly astounded how many people believe in this reptilian stuff.....it is actually beyond belief. I am pretty sure Hillary Clinton is reptilian...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

An unfortunate consequence of our president's horribly naive worldview when it comes to threat. Acting in his role as the Great Liberator, he released multiple prisoners (several from Yemen), who are now back overseas joining the al-Qaeda fight. At least one of the released prisoners has been linked to the failed Christmas Day bombing. Shucks......I guess just being nice to them and telling them how much we love them isn't the best way to prevent terrorist attacks.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

BTW, I should clarify that one of them was released under Bush, in the interest of fairness.