Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by newarenanow »

Can someone put this writeup in brail since I"m blind and deaf???
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

newarenanow wrote:Can someone put this writeup in brail since I"m blind and deaf???
Hip shake left, hip shake left, right, left left.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Good work team!
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

newarenanow wrote:Can someone put this writeup in brail since I"m blind and deaf???
dot dot dot dot dot tripple dot double dot dot dot diagonal triple dot dot dot
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

count2infinity wrote:
dot dot dot dot dot tripple dot double dot dot dot diagonal triple dot dot dot
Thank you. Good job team!!!!

And what does it mean that you want to meet me at the Holiday Inn on McKnight? :shock:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Good game...just a few notes from me...

1) being a bad guy sucks. Overthinking every post you make is nowhere near fun.

2) canaan knew I was bad from the start somehow but never mentioned my name...hence why he died.

3) senka...you are a freaking psycho. I love it. Its so nerve-wrecking playing against you. Makes it insanely interesting.

4) so...the big question...why did I let mac live? It would be great if mwb's theory would have been right. However...its not. I really thought there was another bad guy out there and was just hoping we'd get two seperate kills. That's all it was...I guessed and I guessed wrong. Plus, I just really wanted to kill senka.

Again...good times. Happy new year! I'll be drunk from like 5pm tonight until Saturday.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

You played a really good game, jays. :thumb:
jaysmiter wrote:1) being a bad guy sucks. Overthinking every post you make is nowhere near fun.
Agreed 100%.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

It was fun catching up and reading everything.

Unfortunately, I wasn't around that much since I was away for the holidays, and I don't really come on here too much outside of when I'm at work.

I just thought it was better for the village if I didn't say a word since I had no idea what was going on and wasn't following the game that closely. Instead of creating any confusion, I just sat back and didn't say a word when I was at work.

Oh well, good job actors.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

When there are two families and a village...its a real fine line you have to walk...you have to stay suspicious enough that the other mob doesn't kill you and you have to stay innocent enough that the village doesn't kill you. Its rough.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Mac did a great job. He decided when to come out and what to say. I'm actually not sure who he killed that last night. We didn't know who TW was but knew we had the godfather left, so decided to kill either senka or TW. Jays, if you had killed mac I'm not sure what would have happened. I would have come out but not sure how a vote would have gone.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote:When there are two families and a village...its a real fine line you have to walk...you have to stay suspicious enough that the other mob doesn't kill you and you have to stay innocent enough that the village doesn't kill you. Its rough.
I think you played it pretty much perfectly, but when it came down to just you or azkar we were pretty sure.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:When there are two families and a village...its a real fine line you have to walk...you have to stay suspicious enough that the other mob doesn't kill you and you have to stay innocent enough that the village doesn't kill you. Its rough.

I feel like you have to do as much as possible to do things that makes the village trust you.

after i died i thought that you and senka were the remaining bad guys.....i thought you were agreeing too much with me.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Please report to Hollywood Braille Wars immediately to have your hands amputated.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

So, my tells on Jaysmiter were legit. I had enough doubt that I went with Senka's original vote of npv the round before I got voted out.

You guys are so gung ho about this game that it's difficult for me to play. I thought I'd have more time than usual with a game that ran over the Holidays; it turned out I had less. It seemed every time I checked the thread, it was night time, or things were happening quickly enough that I didn't have the time to read really carefully and figure out what was going on. Then, one night I just stayed up late to read and put in my input, and by the time I got home after a long drive the next day, I had been bandwagoned. D'oh! That'll teach me for talking as a villager. ;) Seriously, though, I think I might just sit out any game that's not marked "leisurely pace" from now on. I always end up suspicious to the village because I can't spend hours a day on LGP, and since I've been a regular villager every time, that just hurts the village. I think that's why the bad guys never kill me off at night.

What was the Dagny / group tell on THG, anyway? That he subtly played the sympathy card in round 1? That he voted (in round 1) with a joke reason?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Dan H wrote:
What was the Dagny / group tell on THG, anyway? That he subtly played the sympathy card in round 1? That he voted (in round 1) with a joke reason?

IMO it was a ploy by dagny to see who "said they saw the same thing" and KS did. then i knew KS was bad and it was confirmed when MWB investigated him and i shot him
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mac5155 wrote:
Dan H wrote:

IMO it was a ploy by dagny to see who "said they saw the same thing" and KS did. then i knew KS was bad and it was confirmed when MWB investigated him and i shot him
If the tell is what I have been told, I think its unethical.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Its nothing unethical...its a lesson. Hide your online status. All she did was look at who was online and it says what each online person is doing. Thg happened to be in private messages. Simple as that.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

slappybrown wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
Dan H wrote:

If the tell is what I have been told, I think its unethical.
I felt the same way. It think it was pretty cold. If I had known I was at a disadvantage I obviously would have corrected it before the game. But to say that it was a "tell" was completely inaccurate. You live and you learn. I will be alerting new players of this in the future so they are aware.

Either way I was dead, so it didnt influence the game at all. It would suck if it did swing the game one way or another.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

jaysmiter wrote:Its nothing unethical...its a lesson. Hide your online status. All she did was look at who was online and it says what each online person is doing. Thg happened to be in private messages. Simple as that.
Thats fine -- I dont think its right. Perhaps you or others do.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

What sucks is I caught mwb doing it, so I thought he was a bad guy the whole time. So, village, it did work in your advantage.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

jaysmiter wrote:What sucks is I caught mwb doing it, so I thought he was a bad guy the whole time. So, village, it did work in your advantage.
Whats the difference to a baddie? You have to kill the good and other family regardless. It has impact on your analysis of his voting patterns, but either way you want him dead in the end, and in fact, moreso than a regular villager.

But obviously, it helped the village, in that it confirmed THG.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

slappybrown wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:What sucks is I caught mwb doing it, so I thought he was a bad guy the whole time. So, village, it did work in your advantage.
Whats the difference to a baddie? You have to kill the good and other family regardless. It has impact on your analysis of his voting patterns, but either way you want him dead in the end, and in fact, moreso than a regular villager.

Why would I want to take out the other bad guy? I didn't think I was outnumbered on that last vote because I thought there was another bad guy because I saw it. If you have a problem with it, hide your status. I have had mine hidden since the first game.

It also caught redwill too I think. Kicksave saw it, not sure if dagny did as well. We told him asap.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

jaysmiter wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

Why would I want to take out the other bad guy? I didn't think I was outnumbered on that last vote because I thought there was another bad guy because I saw it. If you have a problem with it, hide your status. I have had mine hidden since the first game.

It also caught redwill too I think. Kicksave saw it, not sure if dagny did as well. We told him asap.
Ok I misunderstood your initial point. But I was saying that at some tipping point, you want to kill the bad guys in that they can kill you at night with you having no control over it as opposed to the ability to influence a day vote.

Mine is always hidden so its never impacted me. I just think its shady, thats all. You dont, and thats fine.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:Mine is always hidden so its never impacted me. I just think its shady, thats all. You dont, and thats fine.
I agree with this. :thumb:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

I get why you think its shady...I do...but I think it would be different if it was something only a mod could see..but its info that's available to everyone. So...its just another aspect. Like looking and seeing someone was supposed to be away but posted in other threads.