Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sorry about the yellow text thing. Poor attempt at a joke I guess. yes, my vote is still for shaf
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

PensFanInDC wrote:Sorry about the yellow text thing. Poor attempt at a joke I guess. yes, my vote is still for shaf
Naw, it's cool. Just a bit confusing, is all.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

jaysmiter wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Sorry about the yellow text thing. Poor attempt at a joke I guess. yes, my vote is still for shaf
It was one of those things that you have a feeling might be taken the wrong way when you do it but you decide to go through with it anyway.

Bottom line is that there is still no explanation from NAN.

He is in fact active in other threads. Maybe he just assumes that lunch nan is a given.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

:pop:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

PensFanInDC wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
It was one of those things that you have a feeling might be taken the wrong way when you do it but you decide to go through with it anyway.

Bottom line is that there is still no explanation from NAN.

He is in fact active in other threads.
Maybe he just assumes that lunch nan is a given.
Yeah...this is what bothers me the most.

Then again, if he were to come in here and reply, we'd probably say "You only are responding because we called you out!" :scared:

I would buy the "He only plays at work" thing if he wasn't posting in other threads. How hard is it to come in here and just post something, anything? We're off to a good start, but the village isn't going to benefit from people who aren't posting because they're 1) trying to stay low-profile because chances are they're bad OR 2) Not posting because they're not interested in playing. OR 3) Not posting because they have nothing intelligent to bring.

So, even if he turns out a green guy, I'm pretty OK with a vote to fire NAN or ANY of the people with very few posts. They're not helping anything along and are just going to hurt us in the long run.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I can go along with a firing of nan.

fire nan

I'm ready for this to get back up and running now that Christmas is over and I have a few days off next week.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I'm tempted to jump on NAN just because he's been totally quiet, and voting out the quiet guys isn't a terrible strategy at this point... but my even money right now is on NAN just being a regular villager, so I'm resisting going that way. I feel there ought to be a better play at this point. I still haven't convinced myself I know what it is, though.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dan H wrote:I'm tempted to jump on NAN just because he's been totally quiet, and voting out the quiet guys isn't a terrible strategy at this point... but my even money right now is on NAN just being a regular villager, so I'm resisting going that way. I feel there ought to be a better play at this point. I still haven't convinced myself I know what it is, though.
With all the "lynch nan" jokes one might think that his laying low might be to not draw attention to himself and avoid being voted off.

As for voting off quiet players, I mostly agree. Only mostly because after hitting 2 bad guys right off the mark we can take time to evaluate voting habits and dialogue unlike the normal game when we usually dont hit a bad guy until nights 3 or 4 at the earliest.

Shaf is more quiet the unusual and his voting record is the reason I am voting for him.

The only problem with voting quiet is the holiday and some people may not be online as much even if they play at home AND at work.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

I had mentioned 2 names before I felt would be dangerous - they were Zarovich and NAN. Since there's no support behind a Zarovich vote, I'm going to have to

re-hire Zarovich

and

fire NAN
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote: I would buy the "He only plays at work" thing if he wasn't posting in other threads. How hard is it to come in here and just post something, anything? We're off to a good start, but the village isn't going to benefit from people who aren't posting because they're 1) trying to stay low-profile because chances are they're bad OR 2) Not posting because they're not interested in playing. OR 3) Not posting because they have nothing intelligent to bring.
Actually, I think it can be kind of hard to come into this thread and just post something if you're not caught up. I haven't been able to check into this game as much over the last 4 or 5 days so haven't posted much because each time I check I just try to catch up on where I left off last time. That said, it is still suspicious.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Dan H wrote:I'm tempted to jump on NAN
:scared:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Corvidae wrote:
I knew there would come a time
when one of Corv's posts wouldnt rhyme
But fear not for its not a crime
just a fine of $9.99
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
I knew there would come a time
just a fine of $9.99
It wasn't a word, it does not apply
Sometimes I just need :scared: to get by
About that fine... I'll file and appeal
Maybe before court we'll make a deal
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

PensFanInDC wrote: I knew there would come a time
just a fine of $9.99
Corvidae wrote: It wasn't a word, it does not apply
Sometimes I just need :scared: to get by
About that fine... I'll file and appeal
Maybe before court we'll make a deal
I've read your appeal and it makes sense
You're previous :scared: post was met with a good defense
But I do have to say while we're posting here today
Time to watch the game, GO USA!!!
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:
jaysmiter wrote: I would buy the "He only plays at work" thing if he wasn't posting in other threads. How hard is it to come in here and just post something, anything? We're off to a good start, but the village isn't going to benefit from people who aren't posting because they're 1) trying to stay low-profile because chances are they're bad OR 2) Not posting because they're not interested in playing. OR 3) Not posting because they have nothing intelligent to bring.
Actually, I think it can be kind of hard to come into this thread and just post something if you're not caught up. I haven't been able to check into this game as much over the last 4 or 5 days so haven't posted much because each time I check I just try to catch up on where I left off last time. That said, it is still suspicious.
But...you've posted. You found SOMETHING to respond to.

Game. Blouses.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

or be like me and post anything on yur mind. Even call out canaan after hes dead :?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

jaysmiter wrote:
MWB wrote:
But...you've posted. You found SOMETHING to respond to.

Game. Blouses.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

**Jeopardy music**
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

NAN - 5 (Loney, Jay, NPV, cupkeeper, tfrizz)
Slappy - 4 (senka, shaf, bhaw, azkar)
shaf - 4 (pfidc, troy, mac, slappy)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
jays - 1 (sdm)

Again...I think this is right.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jay.

that count has me on it twice...my final vote is for nan
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote:jay.

that count has me on it twice...my final vote is for nan
Whoops. That's better.

NAN - 5 (Loney, Jay, NPV, cupkeeper, tfrizz)
Slappy - 4 (senka, shaf, bhaw, azkar)
shaf - 3 (pfidc, mac, slappy)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
jays - 1 (sdm)
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

NAN has not posted since last Wednesday afternoon in this thread, but has several posts since then in other threads. Unacceptable...he is either not participating or playing way below the radar.

rehire slappy
fire NAN
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

NAN - 6 (Loney, Jay, NPV, cupkeeper, tfrizz, shaf)
Slappy - 3 (senka, bhaw, azkar)
shaf - 3 (pfidc, mac, slappy)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
jays - 1 (sdm)
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

:face:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Senka wrote::face:
I am voting for Slappy next round if it makes you feel any better....this round has been going on forever, and it ends in 15 minutes. I don't think my vote change makes much of a difference.