Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by Troy Loney »

sdm5055 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:anyone else here today?

I'm at work till 2:30 today
I will be here till 2:30 as well, got here at 4:30 a.m.
4:30...that sucks...you must have a ton of work to finish today.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Alright.................very nice Slappy. I knew my aggressiveness against Malkamaniac would be used against me at some point. You have to understand the history we have with him (and I know you do). Two games ago, he came out as some BS RP and caused us to execute the friendly angel, even as I was screaming that he was full of crap. When he came out again this game, he came out with the same type of post that he does when he is bad. As in:

"Well, I didn't want to have to do this, but you guys just outed the village angel...nice work guys!!"

Not to mention the fact he came out after like 4 votes........why not at least try to convince us we are wrong first? After it gets to 8 or 9, then pull the trigger. You can throw the Malk vote in my face all you want, but I was going off recent history and the way he acted. And it amazes me that half the hypocrites voting with you were just as gung-ho about it. If I was a baddie, I can assure there is no way in HELL I would be that adamant about executing something I knew to be good. That's just stupid. I am sticking with my vote for you, despite your attempts to deflect attention.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

And also, about me being "mysteriously gone"? I took the day off of work yesterday, left early to go to the inlaws in New York, and wanted to make sure I wished everyone a Merry Christmas. If that is not "what I normally do", that is because this is my first Christmas on LGP.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Slappy - 5 (senka, shaf, bhaw, jays,azkar)
shaf - 4 (pfidc, troy, mac, slappy)
Zaro - 2 (tfrizz, npv)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
jays - 1 (sdm)

looks like this is up to date, I only work till ~10 today. I'll check in a few times through the day while I'm home.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I am at work. Hungover. Awful.

Jay, the thing that I posted from the tfrizz post, if its inaccurate then I should have checked it. I thought what tfrizz said was accurate. If its wrong, I apologize. But jeez, you, like senka, have no votes.

Shaf, no one said you "mysteriously" disappeared; that word never appears in the post where I posted the evidence against you. So I dont know who you are quoting.

And you acting differently is that from 1:30 when the malks killing writeup is posted, until 3:51 when you make your post to leave, you made a total of 3 posts -- once to vote for me, once with "raging clue" (which youve yet to post, and which Im beginning to think doesnt exist), and once to leave. Its convenient that given, as you admit, you pushed aggressively for malks, that you post three times, with only one substantive vote, in almost 2.5 hours? Thats whats outside your normal posting -- you usually post way more than that. Its indicative of thinking crap, I pushed hard and got the angel killed, better law low.

This isnt deflecting attention; im not just throwing names out there with no backup. I went back through, compiled the evidence, and it shows you are the best bet. And if tfrizz's post is correct about the voting patterns, you didnt vote for THG either.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Uhm bump..
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Alright I am heading out folks to catch a nap and then fam time. Will be checking on my phone intermittently, but good luck village if I get whacked. Merry xmas one and all
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

slappybrown wrote:I am at work. Hungover. Awful.

Jay, the thing that I posted from the tfrizz post, if its inaccurate then I should have checked it. I thought what tfrizz said was accurate. If its wrong, I apologize. But jeez, you, like senka, have no votes.

Shaf, no one said you "mysteriously" disappeared; that word never appears in the post where I posted the evidence against you. So I dont know who you are quoting.

And you acting differently is that from 1:30 when the malks killing writeup is posted, until 3:51 when you make your post to leave, you made a total of 3 posts -- once to vote for me, once with "raging clue" (which youve yet to post, and which Im beginning to think doesnt exist), and once to leave. Its convenient that given, as you admit, you pushed aggressively for malks, that you post three times, with only one substantive vote, in almost 2.5 hours? Thats whats outside your normal posting -- you usually post way more than that. Its indicative of thinking crap, I pushed hard and got the angel killed, better law low.

This isnt deflecting attention; im not just throwing names out there with no backup. I went back through, compiled the evidence, and it shows you are the best bet. And if tfrizz's post is correct about the voting patterns, you didnt vote for THG either.
Pretty bad when my own posts confused me :oops:

The 2 people I felt defended redwill were redwill himself and jaysmiter. I still can't figure out why I was suspicious of Senka.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

lol...

Drinking and werewolfing do not make good bedfellows...

I was housed last night...and this hangover I've got goin on right now is a nice reminder of that 50 dollar bar tab...yikes. I just wish I would have never trained myself to be such a good drunk typist...

Anyway, with that said, I have no idea why I got so defensive...I know I had no votes on me, I was just trying to explain my actions during the redwill vote. I am honestly surprised that he turned up red, I really didn't think he could make that mistake and that it was just coincidence. I was wrong on that. Not much more I can say to address that.

And, in my drunken catchup, I misunderstood shaf. I thought he said he wasn't going to be around until after christmas and thought it would be pretty shady to attack him or ANYONE because they were away for the holidays without any chance to defend themselves.

I don't know...I think we're going about this the wrong way and we ALWAYS do. We need to use these first rounds on the quiet ones, according to juice and pavel and whoever else is fairly good at this game. So...I'm willing to rehire slappy to go after someone who hasn't exactly posted...

Dan H - 5 posts
Cup Keeper - 1 post (to vote Malka out after knowing he was the angel) "works retail"
Twisted Wrister - 0 posts
NAN - 4 posts

To be this far in and these people having that few of posts...pretty unacceptable.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I'm gonna guess were pretty much at a standstill until Monday.. Lol
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Dan H - 5 posts
Cup Keeper - 1 post (to vote Malka out after knowing he was the angel) "works retail"
Twisted Wrister - 0 posts
NAN - 4 posts
what is nan's deal?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

he's over in the college football thread talking about pitt so he is around a bit atleast.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Correction...

Dan H - 6 posts not 5. (my mistake)

Dan H's posts (in summary): voted for THG (:thumb:), had an interesting under the radar kind of post that called out Senka (:scared:), then the 3 strange posts about not wanting to vote for Malk and then voting for him after the count (wut), then a last post just saying he didn't think kicksave was bad.

Cup Keeper's post (in...yeah):
This whole martyr gimmick is kinda a red flag for me. I bought his crying in NHL Wars I'm not falling for it again.

fire malkamaniac

BTW working retail during the holidays sucks big time.
NAN's posts (in summary): vote for redwill (:thumb:) and saying he needs to "catch up", another post saying he needs to "catch up" , a joke post, and an "Am I still alive?" post...And it's not like he hasn't been posting. He's got almost an entire search page worth of unrelated NHR posts alone since the game started.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

NAN's posts (in summary): vote for redwill (:thumb:) and saying he needs to "catch up", another post saying he needs to "catch up" , a joke post, and an "Am I still alive?" post...And it's not like he hasn't been posting. He's got almost an entire search page worth of unrelated NHR posts alone since the game started
To me he's either trying to lay low, or he's not really interested in the game...either way, its enough for me

fire nan
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote:
NAN's posts (in summary): vote for redwill (:thumb:) and saying he needs to "catch up", another post saying he needs to "catch up" , a joke post, and an "Am I still alive?" post...And it's not like he hasn't been posting. He's got almost an entire search page worth of unrelated NHR posts alone since the game started
To me he's either trying to lay low, or he's not really interested in the game...either way, its enough for me

fire nan
Yeah...definitely need people to be active and participating...and I have no problem voting for any of those 4...

fire nan

I'm just waiting for the inevitable posts from all 4 with their excuse as to why they haven't posted immediately after being called out about not posting.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I'm around and mostly paying attention, although I've had a lot less time to think about things than I expected. I'm not really into either of the leading bandwagons right now, and I'm not sure for whom I ought to vote. Last round, I was in a similar situation, then went back and reread the first 20 pages, talked myself into believing Malkamaniac probably wasn't the angel, voted for him, and discovered someone else had cast the deciding vote for him while I had my nose buried in my research. I don't want to make another mistaken vote this time. Smiter slightly mischaracterized my posts, but I think my expounding upon them at this point would just distract everybody.

It's still kind of early in the game. The voting records from the first two rounds already make some sort of sense if you look at the known members of the two baddie factions, and I think even with the efforts of the bad guys to hide their voting tracks, we'll snag a few more that way once another couple of rounds are in the books. I'm just not able to pull a strong case for anyone else from the data right now.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Dan H wrote:I'm around and mostly paying attention, although I've had a lot less time to think about things than I expected. I'm not really into either of the leading bandwagons right now, and I'm not sure for whom I ought to vote. Last round, I was in a similar situation, then went back and reread the first 20 pages, talked myself into believing Malkamaniac probably wasn't the angel, voted for him, and discovered someone else had cast the deciding vote for him while I had my nose buried in my research. I don't want to make another mistaken vote this time. Smiter slightly mischaracterized my posts, but I think my expounding upon them at this point would just distract everybody.

It's still kind of early in the game. The voting records from the first two rounds already make some sort of sense if you look at the known members of the two baddie factions, and I think even with the efforts of the bad guys to hide their voting tracks, we'll snag a few more that way once another couple of rounds are in the books. I'm just not able to pull a strong case for anyone else from the data right now.
I can get behind your rationale. You're like opposite Senka: when you get an idea you think about it and decide whether or not it's worthy of posting, when Senka gets an idea he posts it. Every time.

:P :scared: :P :pop: :scared:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Noticing NAN's posting patterns there is a good call. I will consider him once my leading suspects are gone or have proven to me that they aren't bad :)

He's usually way into these games. And acting clueless isn't very NAN like.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

jaysmiter wrote:when Senka gets an idea he posts it. Every time.
:pop: :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Not working today and will rarely be on a computer...

This NAN stuff is quite interesting. Im not ready to change my vote from Shaf but Ill check back in a while and see where this has gone.

explain yourself nan
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Zarovich wrote:Alright, here is why nobody died on Night 2.

I am the Lawyer for the actors. The evil RP's can only kill every other night while I'm alive. They cannot kill tonight. The new killer can. I do not know which side the new killer is on, but I'm hoping they are on the good side.
This doesn't seem to make sense to me. There are two groups of bad guys, right (stalkers and paparazzi)? So how would that even work? In the last game with two bad groups they alternated killing nights. There was a kill night 1, no kill night 2, a kill night 3, and two kills night 4 (presumably one by a vig or independent). If you're dead does that mean that both sides can kill every night?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

PensFanInDC wrote:Not working today and will rarely be on a computer...

This NAN stuff is quite interesting. Im not ready to change my vote from Shaf but Ill check back in a while and see where this has gone.

explain yourself nan
So...wait...is that a vote? Don't put that in yellow if it's not a vote.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

MWB wrote:
Zarovich wrote:Alright, here is why nobody died on Night 2.

I am the Lawyer for the actors. The evil RP's can only kill every other night while I'm alive. They cannot kill tonight. The new killer can. I do not know which side the new killer is on, but I'm hoping they are on the good side.
This doesn't seem to make sense to me. There are two groups of bad guys, right (stalkers and paparazzi)? So how would that even work? In the last game with two bad groups they alternated killing nights. There was a kill night 1, no kill night 2, a kill night 3, and two kills night 4 (presumably one by a vig or independent). If you're dead does that mean that both sides can kill every night?
It makes no sense to me, either, especially with the killing record. But, Zaro came out with this without a whole lot of pressure on him, and right now I agree with the idea that we should let it shake out and see what happens. It's not as if we're going to forget about him.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Troy Loney wrote:what is nan's deal?
NAN at work, is when he plays
I imagine he has off these days
Troy Loney wrote:he's over in the college football thread talking about pitt so he is around a bit atleast.
But then again, if this is true
I'm not sure what else to do
He better come in and explain
Or face the rope and feel the pain
npv708 wrote:did corvi honestly vote for me because I was at the penguins game?
My vote may sound a bit insane,
But please allow me to explain
You went to the game (I'm jealous)
But felt the need to come and tell us
Sure you could have just been happy
But I still will not vote for slappy
Announcing that you'll be away
Is what HG did the first day

You also kept your vote for Z
Which seemed a little strange to me
bhaw's reasons sounded good
To not yet kill him, no one should
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I think I want to keep Corvidae in the game even if it's proven he's evil, just to keep reading these Seussian masterpieces a little longer. :)