NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
bhaw wrote:rehire malkamaniac

fire shafnutz

I'm looking at this one of two ways. Either Malk IS the angel, in which case, no point in killing him. If he's a baddy, we can keep him around and simply not put much worth into what he says until we figure out for sure.

Shafnutz was my other vote, and the fact that he is one of the few still pushing to kill the potential angel doesn't help his position with me :)

I'd suggest others follow suit and just leave Malk's opinions aside until we figure it out. Why waste a night?
This is exactly what Malka did when we were mafia together in NHL Wars. He's getting people to turn away from him crying angel. This will be the third game in a row in which he's claimed a role to divert a vote.
I wasn't in the NHL one, so I don't know. But that tells me there was a crappy angel that allowed it to continue to happen. It also tells me that people believed him and follow him. I'm not asking people to believe him. I'm saying discard his posts until we know for sure. Don't trust him, but at the same time, don't kill him until we have a better idea. Consider him a bad guy that we are keeping in jail until further notice.
In NHL Warz he made up a role like I didnt with "watsons assistant" in Nintendo Wars. Hes not making one up this time, just claiming a classic RP.

I guess where I am also concerned is he is a baddie what if he has some other killing or other powers. In thinking further, I dont buy him as a villager.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

bhaw wrote:I wasn't in the NHL one, so I don't know. But that tells me there was a crappy angel that allowed it to continue to happen. It also tells me that people believed him and follow him. I'm not asking people to believe him. I'm saying discard his posts until we know for sure. Don't trust him, but at the same time, don't kill him until we have a better idea. Consider him a bad guy that we are keeping in jail until further notice.
I understand your logic, and this is something that I have advocated before (to no avail). It's a risk, so I dunno. What if he is actually some new Godfather and he gets another night to kill someone?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

ok...i'm heading to bed, last day of teaching tomorrow before christmas break...if anymore votes go down could some keep a talley so the mods don't have to go back through and count (it's annoying :lol:)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Zarovich wrote: NO, we killed IE who was the real Angel. She was unable to post due to comp issues and was dead before we could hear from her. After her death, we knew he was bad.
lol... ok... so WORST case scenario is we believe Malk, we kill the real angel, then we kill Malk. Instead, the proposed solution is that we kill the potential angel anyways and learn nothing else.

In the words of Bender, "Does not compute."

Like I said, discard his posts for now until we confirm one way or the other. The angel has little consequences to coming out early. They come out, protect themselves, the world keeps turning. Even if we end up outing the seer (or whatever the equivalent is), the bad guys still have to choose which one to take out. I've been in that scenario (on the bad side), and it's not that easy to figure out who is protected.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

whoa whoa whoa bhaw.....really? again? I am willing to withdraw my vote for Malkamaniac. In the last game, Malks claimed IE was a baddie with no evidence. I begged the rest of the town to give IE time, and to not listen to him, but no one listened. I am willing to withdraw my vote for now until someone investigates him.

Bhaw, you are even more suspicious to me now. I am willing to "kill the potential angel"? Everyone and their brother has seen these types of antics before from Malks. Not saying he is guilty, but you are making it sound like I am extremely suspicious for not trusting Malks. That isn't exactly a stretch, considering his track record.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

shafnutz05 wrote:
bhaw wrote:I wasn't in the NHL one, so I don't know. But that tells me there was a crappy angel that allowed it to continue to happen. It also tells me that people believed him and follow him. I'm not asking people to believe him. I'm saying discard his posts until we know for sure. Don't trust him, but at the same time, don't kill him until we have a better idea. Consider him a bad guy that we are keeping in jail until further notice.
I understand your logic, and this is something that I have advocated before (to no avail). It's a risk, so I dunno. What if he is actually some new Godfather and he gets another night to kill someone?
I guess that's an option, but I'm assuming someone dies every night (which may or may not be the case). I'm sticking with my thinking for now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Well in all honesty it looks to be the best option for you guys to just kill me. I'm the angel, and no matter what I say it won't be believed. If you don't feel right about anyone else at this moment, then do it. But always remember who's calling for my head.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Senka wrote:i didnt notice to 2 bad groups

what brought that to our attn
Since it happened last game I watched for it this game to see if there were two labels.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:It is my belief that he was recruited/turned, however, I'm not confident enough to try to vote him off yet, I just needed to get it out there in case I die. If you have solid evidence, or any evidence toward other players, don't bother with Kicksave, since I can't be sure.
Since there appear to be two bad groups I'd be surprised if there is recruiting.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
I'm looking at this one of two ways. Either Malk IS the angel, in which case, no point in killing him. If he's a baddy, we can keep him around and simply not put much worth into what he says until we figure out for sure.
I agree with this, for now anyway.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote: I understand your logic, and this is something that I have advocated before (to no avail). It's a risk, so I dunno. What if he is actually some new Godfather and he gets another night to kill someone?
That would only be the case if he is the only bad guy left in his family. Otherwise, whoever else is in his family would take over killing duties if malka is killed off.... at least if this is run like previous games.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I seriously would pay attention to the ones calling me the wolf. Great deflection tactic and can claim that I played the game terrible after I die and come out squeaky clean.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

When I was a rookie I cried wolf a lot to try and save my rear and it worked a few times. Ive never been a baddie (you can look it up if you want). I did it just to save my butt and it did nothing to help the village. Now that I have a few games under my belt I know that if he is indeed lying about his role just to save his butt, then he isnt worth it to keep around anyway (just like I deserved to be whacked in previous games).

Malk, if you are the angel, previous gameplay is why you are going to die.

If you are a baddie, then we are 3 for 3.

fire malk
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:When I was a rookie I cried wolf a lot to try and save my rear and it worked a few times. Ive never been a baddie (you can look it up if you want). I did it just to save my butt and it did nothing to help the village. Now that I have a few games under my belt I know that if he is indeed lying about his role just to save his butt, then he isnt worth it to keep around anyway (just like I deserved to be whacked in previous games).

fire malk
Your 2 for 3, and no way can you can compare me to how selfish your games have been.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Malkamaniac wrote:I seriously would pay attention to the ones calling me the wolf. Great deflection tactic and can claim that I played the game terrible after I die and come out squeaky clean.
If I was a baddie and knew you were green, having outed yourself as the angel, I would just vote for another green person and whack you tonight.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:I seriously would pay attention to the ones calling me the wolf. Great deflection tactic and can claim that I played the game terrible after I die and come out squeaky clean.
You came out when you were less than halfway to getting voted off. You have acted in a very similar way to how you acted when you were bad and claimed to have a role in a previous game. Anyone who has called you out has plenty of reason to do so in a very logical way.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Malkamaniac wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:When I was a rookie I cried wolf a lot to try and save my rear and it worked a few times. Ive never been a baddie (you can look it up if you want). I did it just to save my butt and it did nothing to help the village. Now that I have a few games under my belt I know that if he is indeed lying about his role just to save his butt, then he isnt worth it to keep around anyway (just like I deserved to be whacked in previous games).

fire malk
Your 2 for 3, and no way can you can compare me to how selfish your games have been.
PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

:pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Another disturbing thing about malka claiming the angel role is that he's stated when he can protect himself. Why would you do that?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

canaan wrote:I can get behind a redwill vote.

my notes so far:

After the godfather was killed, it was an impatient move by the paparazzi to recruit this early, imo...which shows me that whoever is running that ship now is either 1.) new to the game, or 2.) this is the first time that they have been a baddy--It makes more sense that the latter is correct (i dont even know if this game has any first timers).

I have an incredibly strong theory as to how the next couple of kills will come out, but if i say something, they may switch that tactic...so mum from me on that standpoint.
Just saying.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kicksave wrote:
canaan wrote:I can get behind a redwill vote.z

my notes so far:

After the godfather was killed, it was an impatient move by the paparazzi to recruit this early, imo...which shows me that whoever is running that ship now is either 1.) new to the game, or 2.) this is the first time that they have been a baddy--It makes more sense that the latter is correct (i dont even know if this game has any first timers).

I have an incredibly strong theory as to how the next couple of kills will come out, but if i say something, they may switch that tactic...so mum from me on that standpoint.
Just saying.
Touche. But there are plenty in the game that could be first time baddies (myself included). I can stand here and say Im green till I'm...well....green in the face but I have nothing concrete that I can offer as evidence either way.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:Another disturbing thing about malka claiming the angel role is that he's stated when he can protect himself. Why would you do that?
Because if I'm really the angel I'm dead either way correct?

I'm heading to bed, make the choice, and we'll go from there. A village win is all I want.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MWB wrote:Another disturbing thing about malka claiming the angel role is that he's stated when he can protect himself. Why would you do that?

I'm heading to bed, make the choice, and we'll go from there. A village win is all I want.
no if you didnt say you protected yourself last night phase. the baddies then would not know you were protected last night and would have to assume you are protected this night and not want to waste another night on you

unless the missed kill was you
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:

No because the bad guys wouldnt know when to try to kill you. In other words, maybe you can protect yourself every night like in the pre-Pavel games. Maybe you did or didnt protect yourself last night, meaning maybe you could tonite. But now they know when you are vulnerable.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

unless the missed kill was you
ding ding ding.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I think im read up. Malka claims angel -- which in a way could still mean hes an angel (for the bad side) but if hes not, coming up with the 'body guard' title introduction/ploy was very nice... (kudos where they need dealt)

hire malka