Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by tfrizz »

redwill wrote:
tfrizz wrote:You were never defensive in other games... so clearly you've got something to lose here.
I wasn't defensive about thg's attacks.

dagny's a different matter. :lol:
Fair enough - you posted this while I was replying. THG is viewed more as a nuisance than a threat, and isn't likely to get support behind him... so I guess its understandable.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Well what would you like to hear?

Seriously, odd behavior? I'd really like to understand how one day of random *** voting is odd behavior. What I find awesome, is that at this moment in time most people are pushing for votes because of theory on day one.

At this point in the game there is no theory, just random votes and no concrete evidence. So please, I'd love to hear the theory outside of just calling it "odd"
Tfrizz...

THAT is defensive. What redwill is doing...not really that defensive.

Malks, dude...you need to calm down
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

jaysmiter wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Well what would you like to hear?

Seriously, odd behavior? I'd really like to understand how one day of random *** voting is odd behavior. What I find awesome, is that at this moment in time most people are pushing for votes because of theory on day one.

At this point in the game there is no theory, just random votes and no concrete evidence. So please, I'd love to hear the theory outside of just calling it "odd"
Tfrizz...

THAT is defensive. What redwill is doing...not really that defensive.

Malks, dude...you need to calm down
Yeah, that's definitely an overboard reaction.

What I was trying to get at is redwill is more actively defending himself this time... but his reasoning does make sense.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I can get behind a redwill vote.

my notes so far:

After the godfather was killed, it was an impatient move by the paparazzi to recruit this early, imo...which shows me that whoever is running that ship now is either 1.) new to the game, or 2.) this is the first time that they have been a baddy--It makes more sense that the latter is correct (i dont even know if this game has any first timers).

I have an incredibly strong theory as to how the next couple of kills will come out, but if i say something, they may switch that tactic...so mum from me on that standpoint.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I normally don't like to vote the first couple of days, but I think things change with the outing of a bad guy on day one.

Plus, I've gotta bunch of stuff to do today, so I'm going to throw a vote out there. If it takes, cool...if not, oh well.

Just going off of a combination of a bit of research, some suspicious behavior, and an super defensive attitude without any kind of real pressure on him...

fire malkamaniac
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

But we don't know if the paparazzi used a recruiting tool, or tried to kill the vampire. If they tried to kill the vampire, that is just sheer chance. Aside from that, I agree with you 100%
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

tfrizz wrote: Here is what I'm seeing:

1) You're much more defensive than I've seen you in other games when votes go your way;
2) You're trying to deflect attention off yourself and onto dagny; and,
3) You just came out saying you're a "regular person", which sounds exactly like what a paparazzi would say to try to get out of a vote.
1) I have to be. This thing is rolling fast. Last game I was killed on day 2 because I never made it onto the board to defend myself.
2) I have actually said that I find it hard to be suspicious of her at this point.
3) Or it could be the truth. I have always been a regular person in these games and have played with integrity. That nearly got me killed in NHL Wars when I said I wouldn't vote for jwienand 'cause I thought he was a regular person.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Ok then, do what you will. Take whatever I say, and say it's overboard? He wanted more info from me so I gave it two him? Day two is serious it seems.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:I normally don't like to vote the first couple of days, but I think things change with the outing of a bad guy on day one.

Plus, I've gotta bunch of stuff to do today, so I'm going to throw a vote out there. If it takes, cool...if not, oh well.

Just going off of a combination of a bit of research, some suspicious behavior, and an super defensive attitude without any kind of real pressure on him...

fire malkamaniac
lulz what research?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

someone want to do a count for immunity next game?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Ok then, do what you will. Take whatever I say, and say it's overboard? He wanted more info from me so I gave it two him? Day two is serious it seems.
I didnt vote for you but your logic seems flawed to me.

you keep saying just go for random with no strategy. this makes sense on day 2 normally, but day 1 we got a bad guy and there was a recruit this makes day 1 a little more important to look at

and whats the difference if we take someone out with a strategy or with random votes?

so if everyone voted for you and just said because thats what random.org told me to do you would be ok with it?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

To help the mods, and get us up to speed...

redwill - 6 (dagny, slappybrown, Azkar, Zarovich, tfrizz, shafnutz05)
cup keeper - 1 (PensFanInDC)
MWB - 1 (sdm5055)
Malkamaniav - 1 (jaysmiter)
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

tfrizz wrote:To help the mods, and get us up to speed...

redwill - 6 (dagny, slappybrown, Azkar, Zarovich, tfrizz, shafnutz05)
cup keeper - 1 (PensFanInDC)
MWB - 1 (sdm5055)
Malkamaniav - 1 (jaysmiter)
thanks, i'll request the mods next game give you full immunity :thumb:

13 votes to fire someone
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah I don't understand the irrational request that "DAY 2 MUST BE RANDOM ITS THE WAY IT ALWAYZ IS!!!" We nailed the friggin Godfather...this is a special circumstance, and one that we should use in our favor
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

sdm5055 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Ok then, do what you will. Take whatever I say, and say it's overboard? He wanted more info from me so I gave it two him? Day two is serious it seems.
I didnt vote for you but your logic seems flawed to me.

you keep saying just go for random with no strategy. this makes sense on day 2 normally, but day 1 we got a bad guy and there was a recruit this makes day 1 a little more important to look at

and whats the difference if we take someone out with a strategy or with random votes?

so if everyone voted for you and just said because thats what random.org told me to do you would be ok with it?
I kind of agree here. With a baddie gone, this game is a little different than the usual LULZ BANDWAGON TIME. Day 1 votes have more value this early compared to usual.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:Yeah I don't understand the irrational request that "DAY 2 MUST BE RANDOM ITS THE WAY IT ALWAYZ IS!!!" We nailed the friggin Godfather...this is a special circumstance, and one that we should use in our favor
haha yea just posted the same thought. I think Malks is on my list, but I am sticking redwll
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

well do what you will then.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Yeah, I'd say your defense was a tad overboard for not having a single vote on you at the time...and really only myself and Loney even looking your way.

Sarcasm, vulgarity, tone...yeah...a bit overboard for this sacred "day 2" you keep referring to.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Somebody has to die...

But anyway...i'm conflicted between three lines of thinking about this.

First: The obvious line of thinking is that anyone defending THG, or doing anything to try adn redirect the voting are trying to save their buddy..

Second: The bad guys, with THG as the godfather, and someone who's going to be on the block right away, use that automatic suspicion to their advantage and just start the ball rolling as a long term move to clear the remaining members for most of the game.

Third: They just scattered themselves all over the place to basically disconnect themselves as much as possible from the vote and let the village lambast each other all game as to how they did or did not kill THG.

I'm starting to consider the second line of reasoning...killing one of your own early who's basically going to be automatically killed is just the right thing to do.....
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote:

Second: The bad guys, with THG as the godfather, and someone who's going to be on the block right away, use that automatic suspicion to their advantage and just start the ball rolling as a long term move to clear the remaining members for most of the game.

I'm starting to consider the second line of reasoning...killing one of your own early who's basically going to be automatically killed is just the right thing to do.....
I brought that up earlier...like I said, it was pretty much determined in the pregame thread that THG was dying first... It would be a smart move for the rest of the bad guys to vote for him, start the vote, whatever the vote to help get rid of him. It was inevitable, so why not appear to be on the good team?

I like the cut of your jib, Loney.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Like I said. No worries here lol belive what you will. I know what I am and that's all green.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:Like I said. No worries here lol belive what you will. I know what I am and that's all green.
Like the Incredible Hulk green! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

slappybrown wrote:I kind of agree here. With a baddie gone, this game is a little different than the usual LULZ BANDWAGON TIME. Day 1 votes have more value this early compared to usual.
Yep. Now that everyone else points it out (I suck) I will re-evealuate my vote

hire cupkeeper
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Like I said. No worries here lol belive what you will. I know what I am and that's all green.
Like the Incredible Hulk green! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Just a regular star trying to make his money.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I brought that up earlier...like I said, it was pretty much determined in the pregame thread that THG was dying first... It would be a smart move for the rest of the bad guys to vote for him, start the vote, whatever the vote to help get rid of him. It was inevitable, so why not appear to be on the good team?

I like the cut of your jib, Loney.
Yeah...i think i'd rather we go after the people who started the THG vote...

1. The bad guys are the only ones that know he's bad...so if anyone even implicated that they actually suspect THG are flat out lying, or have just fooled themselves into thinking that they can detect random behavior...such as being able to know how random roles are generated for an online game.

2. Being predictable like that is foolish, and it helps that bad guys...if they know how the group is going to behave they are just going to destroy us.