Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

:shock:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

oooh good catch tfrizz.....I am not observant at all so would have never noticed that. I doubt someone would go from actor to neutral, so I am thinking someone got recruited to the baddies. Who would they have on their radar after yesterday?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm going in to work soon, and getting a vote in before I leave. My suspicion is based on his posting yesterday. I don't have time to explain more. If we haven't reached majority by the time I get home, I will. This one was quick, and I'm not certain, like I was with THG.

fire redwill
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I think now is a good time to go after quiet folks and get them out of the woodwork
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Going back through the thread...there were three people that were trying to sort of redirect the THG vote...senka, Corvidae & Redwill.

Atleast thats how i read it, does anyone else kind of get that impression?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

spoiler said no one died as opposed to nothing happens. Could be read as a recruit.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Oh, and it's possible there was a vampire that was attempted to be killed but instead turns bad a la shafnutz in Nhl wars
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:lol fine

rehire THG

fire Cupkeeper

I'm sticking, gonna get ready for the game
Just some things I am looking at....Malks switched his vote from THG back to cupkeeper as soon as I voted for CK (admittedly, I did not vote for THG). When I switched my vote, I think the count moved to like 7-4 or 8-4 in favor of THG. But the way Malk made it sound when he switched his vote, the bandwagon had firmly moved from THG to CK. The "lol fine" statement seemed kind of odd, because I was only one of 3 people that had voted for CK, and there was zero push to vote for him.

Just seems kind of odd to me...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

shafnutz05 wrote:oooh good catch tfrizz.....I am not observant at all so would have never noticed that. I doubt someone would go from actor to neutral, so I am thinking someone got recruited to the baddies. Who would they have on their radar after yesterday?
I don't know that anyone really did. I made a bad move defending THG, then switching late to get the game moving -- that much I'll admit. Since there's so little to go on, I'd have to think it's one of the most experience players... someone the paparazzi would feel is a threat.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

tfrizz wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:so what does that mean?
There are many ways it can play out... but they all go back to whoever was targeted was protected last night. Night 2 shouldn't have been the angel though, so that is a plus.
Scratch that... I just re-read the write-up...
crayz wrote: ****BREAKING NEWS FLASH****

TMZ Reports from an anonymous source that there is an Actor that is fed up with the way Hollywood is ran these days and equally fed up with the people in it!
TMZ has its investigators on the story and will continue to report the latest news. You can be sure that once the Actor is identified, TMZ will have it first!
Sounds like we had some sort of role switch... someone has gone from an actor either to paparazzi or independent.

I assume this was the vampire role? They can switch sides if attempted to be killed?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:Oh, and it's possible there was a vampire that was attempted to be killed but instead turns bad a la shafnutz in Nhl wars
I am assuming this is a certainty.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:Going back through the thread...there were three people that were trying to sort of redirect the THG vote...senka, Corvidae & Redwill.

Based on my vote, I did.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:lol fine

rehire THG

fire Cupkeeper

I'm sticking, gonna get ready for the game
Just some things I am looking at....Malks switched his vote from THG back to cupkeeper as soon as I voted for CK (admittedly, I did not vote for THG). When I switched my vote, I think the count moved to like 7-4 or 8-4 in favor of THG. But the way Malk made it sound when he switched his vote, the bandwagon had firmly moved from THG to CK. The "lol fine" statement seemed kind of odd, because I was only one of 3 people that had voted for CK, and there was zero push to vote for him.

Just seems kind of odd to me...
yes because day one meant so much. Personally the village is following the "LULZ vote for someone, no you vote for someone route." Take whatever you want at will, but frankly, it's the first day. If you're gonna take intelligence at that, by all means, go for it.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

dagny wrote:I'm going in to work soon, and getting a vote in before I leave. My suspicion is based on his posting yesterday. I don't have time to explain more. If we haven't reached majority by the time I get home, I will. This one was quick, and I'm not certain, like I was with THG.

fire redwill
I'll go with you on this dagny,

fire redwill

NPV started blabbering out votes right when the day started and got the bal rolling on THG....senka did his random kill thing and came out with you, redwill went along with that...but later on senka brings back up his random kill generator thing when the THG bandwagon was up and running...that nondescript emphasis on his on randomly generated kill strikes me as suspicisous...but i'm always suspicious of senka...so i might read too much into some of his posts.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:yes because day one meant so much. Personally the village is following the "LULZ vote for someone, no you vote for someone route." Take whatever you want at will, but frankly, it's the first day. If you're gonna take intelligence at that, by all means, go for it.
No, I understand the first day is a little crazy. It was just the way you switched your vote as soon as I did, when the bandwagon for THG was still going very strong. I justified my CK vote on the basis that THG backed me up in the political thread...hardly a reason to switch from the more solid bandwagon.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Troy Loney wrote:Going back through the thread...there were three people that were trying to sort of redirect the THG vote...senka, Corvidae & Redwill.

I think MWB was attempting this as well and actually the most out of anyone.

also something to think about if they did recruit wouldnt it be a good idea for them to recruit either dagny or kicksave. since they proclaimed they have it figured out and got a baddie on day 1
so they assume the good guys will follow them? I am not totally convinced on this yet, but something to keep in the back of your mind before following them

I am going with my first thought on this one

Fire MWB
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I too noticed how MWB was hesitant to vote for thg based on prior games and just not liking him... That early in the game there Isnt much more to go on
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

sdm5055 wrote:

I think MWB was attempting this as well and actually the most out of anyone.

also something to think about if they did recruit wouldnt it be a good idea for them to recruit either dagny or kicksave. since they proclaimed they have it figured out and got a baddie on day 1
so they assume the good guys will follow them? I am not totally convinced on this yet, but something to keep in the back of your mind before following them

I am going with my first thought on this one

Fire MWB

Can someone please explain the vampire role?

Would that allow for someone to see who the bad guys are?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Dagny was extremely sharp in outing THG, and for that I give her mad props. Like SDM said, she would be the perfect player to recruit. I am assuming there are probably two mafias again (can we agree on this?), so even if she was recruited, it wouldn't hurt to oust someone from the other mob. Can someone quote the redwill comment defending THG? I am too lazy to go back.

That being said, I don't think Dags was recruited, but someone was.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Honestly, it could be anything. When we don't know upfront what roles exist, what those roles do, etc...it legitimately could be anything...

But, let's try to figure out some things we DO know, shall we?

-We're still kind of in the bandwagon phase, though, with a day under our belts and a bad guy down, we can garner some information from that to make a more educated bandwagon vote, I think.

Things I thought were weird, not saying vote worthy, but they stood out to me...
-NPV voted for 3 different people on day 1...one of which wasn't even playing.
-MWB's odd "good" roleplayer or "bad" roleplayer thing on pages 5-6. He seemed really stoked to peg kicksave as a roleplayer one way or another.
-Malkamaniac had a weird vote switch from THG to CK when Shaf tried to get the CK train rolling...this was after he said he was up in the air between THG and NPV.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

dagny wrote:

Based on my vote, I did.
Thats what I am thinking also.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:Can someone please explain the vampire role?

Would that allow for someone to see who the bad guys are?
When I was the vampire, I started out 100% allegiance to the good guys. However, I knew full well that if they attempted to kill me, I had to change my allegiance to help out the goons. Before I was killed, that's why I was trying to oust all of them because I was 100% good
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:yes because day one meant so much. Personally the village is following the "LULZ vote for someone, no you vote for someone route." Take whatever you want at will, but frankly, it's the first day. If you're gonna take intelligence at that, by all means, go for it.
No, I understand the first day is a little crazy. It was just the way you switched your vote as soon as I did, when the bandwagon for THG was still going very strong. I justified my CK vote on the basis that THG backed me up in the political thread...hardly a reason to switch from the more solid bandwagon.

I didn't even look at your vote. I was heading to the bar, made the switch and for once let THG off the hook. From the gist of it, everyone felt bad for him, so I went with cup keeper. Oh well, next time, I will not be as lenient. I follow the I'm voting once and not getting into the switching game. I should of just stayed put.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

mac5155 wrote:I too noticed how MWB was hesitant to vote for thg based on prior games and just not liking him... That early in the game there Isnt much more to go on
I felt bad for THG being ousted on the first day again...but my feelings are, better him than me and i have no reason to defend someone getting bandwagoned with no evidence jsut to bandwagon someone else based on nothing...

And to malks defense about analyzing his first day vote....yes we should analyze how people voted on the first day when you kill a bad guy.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

With Pavel going out first, and presumably another converted this past night... there has to be a smart player behind it. Zarovich and NAN are always scary, and fit the bill.

fire NAN