Holiday Wars - After Party

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Holiday Wars - After Party

Post by wallflower »

npv708 wrote:
wallflower wrote:Malka's post just reminded me...

I cannot believe how little people pay attention to the details of the write-ups. JC was suspicious for many reasons but noticing that there were two different godfathers wasn't one of them. Not noticing little, but important, pieces of information from the write-ups has hurt the village two games in a row. It was really hard to watch. :face:
Umm...about that...we noticed it almost immediately after Troy's death...it was talked about through private messages. I really didn't believe that noticing it made JC suspicious. I was just trying to give people a reason why he might be suspicious, and it kinda worked.
I was talking about the regular villagers, obviously. If the mafia families didn't notice that, it would've been pretty pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
I'm just saying that i probably would have been immediately killed that next day if i didn't sort of wig out sunday night...and because nan mentioned my name once....
Yeah, I had actually pm'd the others that you would be a quick kill by the village the next day since LITT had been after you and malka had also mentioned you. I kept waiting for people to push hard for you because of that.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
The village didnt get you because of NAN, we got you because Malks fingered you before dying and he was the investigator. NAN had no more info than anyone else.
Ok...but i was on the block every round following nan calling me out...and malks probably investigated me because i was so vocal and defensive..
Even if you were investigated you would've come back as a plain villager. Them's the perks of being the godfather.

Malk said he investigated me and knew what i was....perk of being the godfather is worthless if the seer knows why his investigation would fail.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Troy Loney wrote:Malk said he investigated me and knew what i was....perk of being the godfather is worthless if the seer knows why his investigation would fail.
It wouldn't fail though... you would just come back as a regular villager; which means that Malk's investigation shouldn't have revealed anything.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:

Malk said he investigated me and knew what i was....perk of being the godfather is worthless if the seer knows why his investigation would fail.
If the godfather role was being applied correctly the investigation doesn't fail. The result of "Plain townie" is returned to the cop. At least that's how the role is supposed to work.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mod fail?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Sent: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 am
To: Troy Loney JoseCuervo

I had both of you inspected back to back, I was calling you both out today. Good game gang.
This is the PM i got from malk right after he died...he had already investigated me at this point...and he called me out after having investigated me i think...

mod fail?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney wrote:

I had both of you inspected back to back, I was calling you both out today. Good game gang.
This is the PM i got from malk right after he died...he had already investigated me at this point...and he called me out after having investigated me i think...

mod fail?
Oh...and he had investigated jc the night he died.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:

mod fail?
Yeah that's big mod fail. :lol: His game though, so he may have tweaked it so you didn't show up as town. What did your role PM say?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

it said i couldnt be investigated.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:it said i couldnt be investigated.
Then yeah mod fail.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

mod fail?
Yeah that's big mod fail. :lol: His game though, so he may have tweaked it so you didn't show up as town. What did your role PM say?
I'm guessing the investigation just came back as fail...

so yeah...that turned into a meaningless perk for the godfather.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Either way your insane role claim was getting you killed regardless.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Yeah, it didn't specifically say that the godfather comes back as regular, just that you can't be investigated. Hard to tell what the ramifications would have been. All malks said the day after he found you was something like, "I'll vote for LITT, but would also vote for Troy."
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel Bure wrote:Either way your insane role claim was getting you killed regardless.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Mods for future games should take note then. A godfather comes back as a plain townie/villager/whatever when investigated. That's the whole perk of their role.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

MWB wrote:Yeah, it didn't specifically say that the godfather comes back as regular, just that you can't be investigated. Hard to tell what the ramifications would have been. All malks said the day after he found you was something like, "I'll vote for LITT, but would also vote for Troy."
Never mind, he said more than that earlier in day 4.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:Either way your insane role claim was getting you killed regardless.
I figured i was dead after the LITT vote, unless i could kill one of the bad guys.

But if malk hadn't indicated he wanted to kill me, especially after being revealed the seer i might not have taken heat, i came out after people started quoted malk and voting for me during the dagny vote.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:Yeah, it didn't specifically say that the godfather comes back as regular, just that you can't be investigated. Hard to tell what the ramifications would have been. All malks said the day after he found you was something like, "I'll vote for LITT, but would also vote for Troy."

If you cant be investigated doesnt that only leave one possibility as to his role in the game?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:

tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

thehockeyguru wrote:

If you cant be investigated doesnt that only leave one possibility as to his role in the game?
Not necessarily. You could've been roleblocked... but a godfather is supposed to come back as a regular townie/villager when investigated.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

lulz
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:

hence not being a perk in this game....not saying it changes anything...but in retrospect i might not have had to come out like that if malk hadn't been implicating me the day before he died.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Working with count2infinity and beerman for modding. FIgure having 3 would be best during the holiday season in case one or two of aren't around, we can keep the game going.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

That kind of sucks.