canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Holiday Wars - After Party

Post by canaan »

MWB wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:when its available, im in to play
Me too, just will have sporadic activity most likely.
whatever MWB
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i just sent an PM to crayz...we might get something up and running by the end of the day. stay tuned...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Are you jockeying for position and the Mods haven't even been finalized?
Last edited by thehockeyguru on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Aside from leaving at 2:30 on thursday & being off friday, I'll be at work next week so i'm definitely in...

plus i just finished with classes so i wont be killed off for being inactive the first day
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I don't have time to read up, yet, as I have to go to work, but may I say: TWC = TOWN MVP!

THE WICKED CHILD WAS WICKED GOOD.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

dagny wrote:I don't have time to read up, yet, as I have to go to work, but may I say: TWC = TOWN MVP!

agreed... i'm glad we didn't bandwagon him in the beginning when someone offered him as a random vote...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:I don't get why the RPS went down like they did. Two of them were killed off, and were on to defend themselves and didn't. That hurt us drastically.

If you're an RP and you're going to die, do us a favor and announce yourself. It slims the herd down, keeps you around an extra day and tips it a little in our favor. Not saying anything and just dying wastes so much.
No doubt this helped us. LITT would've been able to keep himself around and thg would've been able to clear crayz. That would've given you guys two players to at least trust a little bit.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

The only thing I have to add to any of this is people that are in the village and just plain villagers need to start reading and putting things together.

When you vote for someone once it gets to the middle and end stages of the game you have to have solid evidence on who you're voting for. As long as you have solid evidence and are thinking logically about your votes (which requires good reading) then you are making educated guesses at who is bad and who is not. In this way you start to pick out tells of people who are non-town and good RPs.

You find a solid theory, find your evidence, think about it logically, and go to vote. When the player you're voting for dies and you see their role+affiliation you can go back and see what things in your reasoning were right/worked and change the things you were way off on. Doing this helps greatly in the end game because as everyone should realize now voting quickly near the end of the game is a bad bad bad idea because sometimes all it takes is one or two town votes before the mafia can truck the rest of the vote and finish the day or even game.

Basically use a bit of strategy. Don't just vote for people because others are voting. Formulate your own theories and see how they play out when put into practice. Get the results, go over your theories again, alter them on the things you were dead wrong about, rinse wash repeat. Pretty soon you'll start to look for certain things people say that make them stick out as RPs or bad guys plus you'll be able to play the game much more efficiently.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:
We could only kill on odd nights. We ended up finding a lot of roles through investigation so that took up a lot of our kills. The crayz one came down to him or corvi.
During the night before I died I figured this out. I went back to JC's post and saw he said he killed tfrizz and was able to figure out everyones votes along the way. Your mafia killed all vets...canaan, dagny, nan, and someone else I believe...

Once I saw that we had finished the grinch family and knew that you were bad, i started looking at votes and who was pushing an npv was pretty obvious at that point...but I couldn't post. npv really changed his game style in the last day or two pushing votes.

still have no idea why corvi would go after bhaw /sigh
Bringing this in from the other thread. We had to kill canaan first since juice was the godfather. Then the next two kills were nan and malka because cup keeper investigated them and we knew they had roles. Once it got towards the end we had good numbers to control the votes so could be more aggressive.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I'm Bringing this in from the other thread. We had to kill canaan first since juice was the godfather. Then the next two kills were nan and malka because cup keeper investigated them and we knew they had roles. Once it got towards the end we had good numbers to control the votes so could be more aggressive.
I'm fairly new at this game, but anyone who is involved in a day light killing of a Village RP has to be under the microscope.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:I don't have time to read up, yet, as I have to go to work, but may I say: TWC = TOWN MVP!

TWC was pretty helpful to us also. He pushed for sdm to get voted and sdm came out and was quickly voted off. He then voted for IE, which we needed to finish off the grinch side. Unfortunately for him and the village he was getting the guys from just one family and by that time it was too late.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I'm Bringing this in from the other thread. We had to kill canaan first since juice was the godfather. Then the next two kills were nan and malka because cup keeper investigated them and we knew they had roles. Once it got towards the end we had good numbers to control the votes so could be more aggressive.
I'm fairly new at this game, but anyone who is involved in a day light killing of a Village RP has to be under the microscope.
Depends on when it is though. If it's early in the game and it takes 10 votes or so to kill someone off, things are still pretty unclear.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:The only thing I have to add to any of this is people that are in the village and just plain villagers need to start reading and putting things together.

When you vote for someone once it gets to the middle and end stages of the game you have to have solid evidence on who you're voting for. As long as you have solid evidence and are thinking logically about your votes (which requires good reading) then you are making educated guesses at who is bad and who is not. In this way you start to pick out tells of people who are non-town and good RPs.

You find a solid theory, find your evidence, think about it logically, and go to vote. When the player you're voting for dies and you see their role+affiliation you can go back and see what things in your reasoning were right/worked and change the things you were way off on. Doing this helps greatly in the end game because as everyone should realize now voting quickly near the end of the game is a bad bad bad idea because sometimes all it takes is one or two town votes before the mafia can truck the rest of the vote and finish the day or even game.

Basically use a bit of strategy. Don't just vote for people because others are voting. Formulate your own theories and see how they play out when put into practice. Get the results, go over your theories again, alter them on the things you were dead wrong about, rinse wash repeat. Pretty soon you'll start to look for certain things people say that make them stick out as RPs or bad guys plus you'll be able to play the game much more efficiently.
and ask questions.....i mean i came out with my tidbit about killing juice and being a killer and all anyone did was just say, he's a liar kill him...while your right...i was offering a lot of information to try and implicate the other group and get attention on them and indicate that other people besides the village wanted me dead...i don't know, i think i'm ranting a bit, but i just can't believe how easy it was for the other bad guys to win this game...

i mean we screwed up big time...jose and IE were too much on my side during the votes, and sdm just did his thing...he did it well because he lasted the longest, but it always draws suspicion....i mean, teh whole reason that i was found out was foolish...i mean nan got killed by the other bad guys in an unknowing attempt to fram the other bad guy...they just got so lucky that

1. the village fell for that elementary tactic of the bad guys killing someone to direct attention on to someone else
2. nan was right, only that they had no idea there was another group of bad guys
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:.i mean nan got killed by the other bad guys in an unknowing attempt to fram the other bad guy...they just got so lucky that

1. the village fell for that elementary tactic of the bad guys killing someone to direct attention on to someone else
2. nan was right, only that they had no idea there was another group of bad guys
Nan was the second guy we investigated and we knew he was the vig... that's why he was killed.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Can someone clear this up for me, as "Bad Guys" did you know there was another Bad Guy family before the game started?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:The only thing I have to add to any of this is people that are in the village and just plain villagers need to start reading and putting things together.

and ask questions.....i mean i came out with my tidbit about killing juice and being a killer and all anyone did was just say, he's a liar kill him...while your right...i was offering a lot of information to try and implicate the other group and get attention on them and indicate that other people besides the village wanted me dead...i don't know, i think i'm ranting a bit, but i just can't believe how easy it was for the other bad guys to win this game...

i mean we screwed up big time...jose and IE were too much on my side during the votes, and sdm just did his thing...he did it well because he lasted the longest, but it always draws suspicion....i mean, teh whole reason that i was found out was foolish...i mean nan got killed by the other bad guys in an unknowing attempt to fram the other bad guy...they just got so lucky that

The village didnt get you because of NAN, we got you because Malks fingered you before dying and he was the investigator. NAN had no more info than anyone else.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:Can someone clear this up for me, as "Bad Guys" did you know there was another Bad Guy family before the game started?
No, we didn't know until Troy was killed. I assume they knew as soon as juice was killed.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

we got you because Malks fingered you before dying
I cant say I approve of this.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

The vig going down was a bit rough cause he had I believe enough bullets to kill 10% of the game.(3/30 players) and I think kicksave gave him the option to use all 3 bullets at once if he so chose. So something like that happening would have been chaos and hilarious at the same time.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:.i mean nan got killed by the other bad guys in an unknowing attempt to fram the other bad guy...they just got so lucky that

Nan was the second guy we investigated and we knew he was the vig... that's why he was killed.
Good job on that....but he died sunday night...i log on, a little after the writeup sunday at like 8 and there are already two votes on me...so i had to come out and defend myself so i didnt get bandwagoned before i got to work on monday...and then litt turns out to be an rp, and my fate was sealed that night.

I'm just saying that i probably would have been immediately killed that next day if i didn't sort of wig out sunday night...and because nan mentioned my name once....
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Troy Loney wrote:and ask questions.....i mean i came out with my tidbit about killing juice and being a killer and all anyone did was just say, he's a liar kill him...while your right...i was offering a lot of information to try and implicate the other group and get attention on them and indicate that other people besides the village wanted me dead...i don't know, i think i'm ranting a bit, but i just can't believe how easy it was for the other bad guys to win this game...

It's certainly an elementary tactic, and just happened to work out because there were 2 mafias. The first thing I thought when NAN was killed was someone is trying to set up you and/or THG but as things moved on I noticed how different your style was from last game. I knew your reasoning was partially true - you were active in those other threads - but I didn't buy into completely. I don't know if its fortunate or unfortunate that I couldn't build any support to vote you out on day 3 though, because you killed Juice the following night.

I figured I was gone after that double-flip-flop vote I pulled... kind of funny that was I investigated by one family, and killed by the other during the same night phase though :thumb:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

thehockeyguru wrote:Can someone clear this up for me, as "Bad Guys" did you know there was another Bad Guy family before the game started?
I believe both mafias were operating under the assumption that they were the only one, until Juice was killed and Troy's family got clued in.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The village didnt get you because of NAN, we got you because Malks fingered you before dying and he was the investigator. NAN had no more info than anyone else.
Ok...but i was on the block every round following nan calling me out...and malks probably investigated me because i was so vocal and defensive..
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:
Ok...but i was on the block every round following nan calling me out...and malks probably investigated me because i was so vocal and defensive..
Even if you were investigated you would've come back as a plain villager. Them's the perks of being the godfather.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

tfrizz wrote:
I believe both mafias were operating under the assumption that they were the only one, until Juice was killed and Troy's family got clued in.

right...we didn't put two and two together until we killed juice