Holiday Wars - After Party

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Holiday Wars - After Party

Post by crayz »

so...when is next game start? :pop:

I have some ideas and wouldn't mind being a co-mod if someone else wants to take the lead w/ it
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

wallflower wrote:Malka's post just reminded me...

I cannot believe how little people pay attention to the details of the write-ups. JC was suspicious for many reasons but noticing that there were two different godfathers wasn't one of them. Not noticing little, but important, pieces of information from the write-ups has hurt the village two games in a row. It was really hard to watch. :face:

How on earth wasn't that completely evident after i died...one, the writeup specifically said grinch family godfather...two i told everyone that there were competing killers, the goal was to try and stay alive, and point that out after i died to try and redirect people...

That is a village fail....really couldnt get beyond the first mafia, and stood no chance against the npv clan.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Yeah... I get the feeling that THG is going to be your "no later than Day 2" vote every game from now to the end of time. He was kept around to give him a chance to redeem himself, and contributed nothing.
hahahha. Which is a complete joke. A bandwagon vote Day 1, Day 2 Jose votes for me and I try and question him and become suspicious of him and on Day 3 he leads a vote against a Good Role player and every hops onboard. Yeah I can see why I should be whacked early each game. I contribute nothing. :roll:
Don't take it the wrong way. If you go back and look at the day you were voted out... the first two votes were me against Troy, and npv against Troy. I only switched once it was clear you were toast, and tried to speed up the game a bit. You just need to find that in-between style, less active than you were in NHL Wars but more active than this one.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by JarkkoVision »

Intersting...

It'll be nice to start the next game knowing what is going on.

:scared:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

crayz wrote:so...when is next game start? :pop:

I have some ideas and wouldn't mind being a co-mod if someone else wants to take the lead w/ it
This one was 30 players and finished in a week... maybe someone can do a small-ish one and try to wrap it up on Thursday?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

tfrizz wrote:

This one was 30 players and finished in a week... maybe someone can do a small-ish one and try to wrap it up on Thursday?
maybe keep it at 20-25...first 20-25 that sign up get in, the rest tough luck.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

tfrizz wrote:

It can go over Christmas, just treat it like a weekend ? If people play good, if not, it sits...

Anyone else interested i mod?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz wrote:
tfrizz wrote:

It can go over Christmas, just treat it like a weekend ? If people play good, if not, it sits...

i wouldn't mind seeing it once through mod eyes...i've played 2 games so far and would be willing to do this, but we'd have to treat christmas like a weekend, as i'll be traveling all over the place.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Just do an extended weekend over Christmas and New Year (if necessary). Maybe cut it off at like 5pm on Christmas/New Year's Eve, and pick up on Monday morning?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I cannot believe how little people pay attention to the details of the write-ups. JC was suspicious for many reasons but noticing that there were two different godfathers wasn't one of them. Not noticing little, but important, pieces of information from the write-ups has hurt the village two games in a row. It was really hard to watch. :face:
Umm...about that...we noticed it almost immediately after Troy's death...it was talked about through private messages. I really didn't believe that noticing it made JC suspicious. I was just trying to give people a reason why he might be suspicious, and it kinda worked.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

tfrizz wrote:Just do an extended weekend over Christmas and New Year (if necessary). Maybe cut it off at like 5pm on Christmas/New Year's Eve, and pick up on Monday morning?
There seems to be a large group of people who now enjoy playing. To not exclude anyone it might be best of breaking it down into 2 games of 15-20. We would need to get two different sets of Mods though.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Just do an extended weekend over Christmas and New Year (if necessary). Maybe cut it off at like 5pm on Christmas/New Year's Eve, and pick up on Monday morning?
There seems to be a large group of people who now enjoy playing. To not exclude anyone it might be best of breaking it down into 2 games of 15-20. We would need to get two different sets of Mods though.
eek...not sure i like this idea.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What are some other options? Just one big game again? I kind of enjoyed the new twist even though I wasn't involved.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote:
What are some other options? Just one big game again? I kind of enjoyed the new twist even though I wasn't involved.
i would say one big game and have a time out starting 10 P.M. on the 23rd. Start it back up on the 28th at 8 a.m.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

thehockeyguru wrote:
we could have a draft. the A squad and the B squad and then have an allstar game
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

i would say one big game and have a time out starting 10 P.M. on the 23rd. Start it back up on the 28th at 8 a.m.
I dont mind a time out but I think the village should still be allowed to talk., just no votes during the timeout.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
we could have a draft. the A squad and the B squad and then have an allstar game
this is gold...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Sounds good here
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Who is interested in Mod'ing this game? What is the theme?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

crayz wrote:
tfrizz wrote:

I'll co-mod if you still need somebody
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz said he had something in mind, and i volunteered to assist and mod with him.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:

I wasn't really paying attention after i died...how long did it take everyone to realize that there were two mafias?
JC pointed it out pretty quickly and I quoted him and wondered if it was suspicious that he noted it so quickly. I think TWC said that he also noticed it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

when its available, im in to play
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:when its available, im in to play
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:when its available, im in to play
Me too, just will have sporadic activity most likely.