NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Holiday Wars - After Party

Post by count2infinity »

npv708 wrote:Hey C2I,

Thanks for the protection.

Signed,
Mafia Godfather NPV...
i was :face:ing right after i sent that PM, because i PMed the mods and then went back and looked. I should have done it in reverse as i looked at the voting patterns and from there it was all sort of obvious:face:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Congratulations Scrooges!! :thumb: :thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Overall, I enjoy being the baddie that much more. You have influence over the game as it goes on. Being a bad guy then going right to a good guy was a throw off for myself, as I find playing the evil role that much easier.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Malkamaniac wrote:
cup keeper investigated you. We knew your powers and didn't want you around because of that. You were a threat to us...so you slept with the fishes.
Ah ok, from a good rp stand point did I give anything away regarding my status? First time doing it and I wanted to be a harder player to read.
As slappy pointed out, the quote about you not wanting to argue with him was a tell, but I already knew you were the cop because I investigated you.

I investigated you because of the chaos you can cause and I needed to know if you had a role and if we needed to get you out of the way early.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Oh and thanks to corvidae for being a great help on those last few votes.

We couldn't have done it without you man. :thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

cup keeper wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
cup keeper investigated you. We knew your powers and didn't want you around because of that. You were a threat to us...so you slept with the fishes.
Ah ok, from a good rp stand point did I give anything away regarding my status? First time doing it and I wanted to be a harder player to read.
As slappy pointed out, the quote about you not wanting to argue with him was a tell, but I already knew you were the cop because I investigated you.

I investigated you because of the chaos you can cause and I needed to know if you had a role and if we needed to get you out of the way early.

I've only caused controlled chaos once :(!
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'll admit (as you could probably see from my posts) that when Juice was killed, i immediately thought that they had found out i was the doctor and i needed to save myself as much as possible. the two family thing threw me for a loop.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Crayz?! Really THG lol u wanna even the playing field investigate someone good haha wow
THe guy was on me game 1 from the start and game two rolls around and its the same thing. I had to make sure he was good.
:face:

This is the problem. You cannot play selfishly like this. Just because he wants to vote you off, doesnt mean you should investigate him. You didnt have to "make sure he was good" -- that was a useless play. You have to use your powers based on real clues, not revenge. Ths is going to get you whacked everytime.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:
slappybrown wrote::face: at THG. two straight games of epic fail
If there was a better chance that I'd make it through the first few days I wouldn't have used my powers blindly. What I find amazing is how you can eliminate a Good Role player on the 3rd day, when I did everything possible to not be suspicious.
Why didnt you say anthng? Or tell us crayz was good as you were going down? You wasted your powers by using them incorrcty and then by not revealing what you did know, and you killed wallflower.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

This is the problem. You cannot play selfishly like this. Just because he wants to vote you off, doesnt mean you should investigate him. You didnt have to "make sure he was good" -- that was a useless play. You have to use your powers based on real clues, not revenge. Ths is going to get you whacked everytime.
So wait and get voted off by the village during day 3 and not use any of my powers?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

mac5155 wrote:Crayz?! Really THG lol u wanna even the playing field investigate someone good haha wow
ouch
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:
So wait and get voted off by the village during day 3 and not use any of my powers?
If thats your argument why didnt you reveal yoursef durig voting and clear crayz????
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

slappybrown wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
THe guy was on me game 1 from the start and game two rolls around and its the same thing. I had to make sure he was good.
:face:

Yeah... I get the feeling that THG is going to be your "no later than Day 2" vote every game from now to the end of time. He was kept around to give him a chance to redeem himself, and contributed nothing.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
If there was a better chance that I'd make it through the first few days I wouldn't have used my powers blindly. What I find amazing is how you can eliminate a Good Role player on the 3rd day, when I did everything possible to not be suspicious.
Why didnt you say anthng? Or tell us crayz was good as you were going down? You wasted your powers by using them incorrcty and then by not revealing what you did know, and you killed wallflower.
:thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

When I found out about Troy and Jose being bad, I thought we had the game in the bag. I had no idea two groups were running. I was ready to come out and be like

"IM THE DOCTOR BOIZ, END THESE FOOLS"

Then I died and was like wtf, and looked back further to seeing juice having a different godfather name. I was floored that there was two groups. I thought it was cool, but I think overall, the worst thing about that many baddies is that follower syndrome can kick and and dominate the village like it did.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

btw Jose almost ruined the game for both mafia's. If he didn't mention the whole scrooge/grinch thing, we may have never even thought of 2 mafias. We still lost, but we were getting there.

imo, Corvi = epic fail! Still can't believe you went for that quick vote on bhaw :( :(

Wicked Child - you were stellar. much props to you
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Malka's post just reminded me...

I cannot believe how little people pay attention to the details of the write-ups. JC was suspicious for many reasons but noticing that there were two different godfathers wasn't one of them. Not noticing little, but important, pieces of information from the write-ups has hurt the village two games in a row. It was really hard to watch. :face:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

crayz wrote:btw Jose almost ruined the game for both mafia's. If he didn't mention the whole scrooge/grinch thing, we may have never even thought of 2 mafias. We still lost, but we were getting there.
I noticed it right away...but I was dead. :evil:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

slappybrown wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

i wouldn't go that far. He is learning and JOAT is still a new role, only been here once. His first time being an RP...He can use the tools however he wants. The only real spot I see he failed in, is while he was being unwrapped he should have said everything...his role and the actions he did at night. Otherwise, he played with his gut and sometimes that is all you can do. He had just as good of a chance at being picked up by one of two godfathers
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

New Years Wars??
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Yeah... I get the feeling that THG is going to be your "no later than Day 2" vote every game from now to the end of time. He was kept around to give him a chance to redeem himself, and contributed nothing.
hahahha. Which is a complete joke. A bandwagon vote Day 1, Day 2 Jose votes for me and I try and question him and become suspicious of him and on Day 3 he leads a vote against a Good Role player and every hops onboard. Yeah I can see why I should be whacked early each game. I contribute nothing. :roll:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

wallflower wrote:Malka's post just reminded me...

I cannot believe how little people pay attention to the details of the write-ups. JC was suspicious for many reasons but noticing that there were two different godfathers wasn't one of them. Not noticing little, but important, pieces of information from the write-ups has hurt the village two games in a row. It was really hard to watch. :face:

I wasn't really paying attention after i died...how long did it take everyone to realize that there were two mafias?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

wallflower wrote:
crayz wrote:btw Jose almost ruined the game for both mafia's. If he didn't mention the whole scrooge/grinch thing, we may have never even thought of 2 mafias. We still lost, but we were getting there.
I noticed it right away...but I was dead. :evil:
I would like to believe I would have...but not sure. In previous games in the write-ups where it shows dead people, it usually says :"Wall flower, unwrapped (Village Doctor)"

This one didn't do that so it wasn't as clear.....if those were there, it would have been cake
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I don't get why the RPS went down like they did. Two of them were killed off, and were on to defend themselves and didn't. That hurt us drastically.

If you're an RP and you're going to die, do us a favor and announce yourself. It slims the herd down, keeps you around an extra day and tips it a little in our favor. Not saying anything and just dying wastes so much.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

i wouldn't go that far. He is learning and JOAT is still a new role, only been here once. His first time being an RP...He can use the tools however he wants. The only real spot I see he failed in, is while he was being unwrapped he should have said everything...his role and the actions he did at night. Otherwise, he played with his gut and sometimes that is all you can do. He had just as good of a chance at being picked up by one of two godfathers
Pavel spoke with me about this, and I agreed that I should have said what I knew. I was thinking that I would put you in a bad spot for saying you were good, and that the goons would have an easy target. But I was wrong should have said I knew you were good.