Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL Wars Post-Game Show

Post by Pavel Bure »

Zarovich wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
Juice wrote:I'm so glad shafnutz played well this game. I really think he was just a little too nervous last game having a role. I really don't want to see anyone become the butt of the jokes and get snap-lynched every game.
haha thanks man...yeah it was a relief to me too. I definitely learned my lesson, and the vampire was a nice chance to see it from both sides.

I came up with that "NHL Scout" thing on the fly. I knew mac would never believe something as stupid as the "neutral observer", so I tried to think of someone that would observe hockey players, but have an edge in terms of talent. lol that was so funny
I thought about coming out as the superstar sniper or something like that to sway mac and sdm, but I thought it would seem desperate and seal my fate. Turns out mac fell for your story...

I'm glad Juice was killed by goons first night when I killed dags. I'm sure one or both would have come after me early and I would have been screwed lol
I originally thought you might be the cop cause I had picked out tfrizz and then you came in and put a random lynch vote on him day 2 I believe.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Juice wrote:I'm so glad shafnutz played well this game. I really think he was just a little too nervous last game having a role. I really don't want to see anyone become the butt of the jokes and get snap-lynched every game.
I can see why. This was the first time I ever played the game... and I wound up with a goon role. Luckily my fellow goons were good about it, and I just tried to watch the first few days and catch on to the flow of things.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Zarovich wrote:I'm glad Juice was killed by goons first night when I killed dags. I'm sure one or both would have come after me early and I would have been screwed lol
It's funny, I had a feeling you were a role player who could kill when dags was taken out immediately. If only because her threat to come after you in the next game. :lol:

I was really impressed with how long you lasted as the serial killer. :thumb:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Zarovich wrote:I'm glad Juice was killed by goons first night when I killed dags. I'm sure one or both would have come after me early and I would have been screwed lol
I originally thought you might be the cop cause I had picked out tfrizz and then you came in and put a random lynch vote on him day 2 I believe.
Funny thing is... after that random vote I tried to talk the rest of the goons into killing him the next night. They agreed he was a dangerous player, but we didn't end up doing it.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

wallflower wrote:
It's funny, I had a feeling you were a role player who could kill when dags was taken out immediately. If only because her threat to come after you in the next game. :lol:

I was really impressed with how long you lasted as the serial killer. :thumb:
I was hoping that if anyone mentioned that, I could say how obvious it was that I would be linked to that. It probably would have saved me a few days but not long. Dags would have been hounding me from the start I think lol.

I didn't target Juice because if I did come up, I wanted him around to verify the immunity thing, even though I had no 4 day immunity :thumb:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

tfrizz wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Funny thing is... after that random vote I tried to talk the rest of the goons into killing him the next night. They agreed he was a dangerous player, but we didn't end up doing it.
Ya, it was a total random vote too. Later on when you got real defensive, I had you pegged for a goon. I tried to use that and shafs for post about kicksave to implicate him later, but nobody would go along with it.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Zarovich wrote:
tfrizz wrote:[Funny thing is... after that random vote I tried to talk the rest of the goons into killing him the next night. They agreed he was a dangerous player, but we didn't end up doing it.
Ya, it was a total random vote too. Later on when you got real defensive, I had you pegged for a goon. I tried to use that and shafs for post about kicksave to implicate him later, but nobody would go along with it.
Yeah. I tried to stay calm, but I'd call it a rookie mistake. It's hard to learn to act normal when you get a role the first time you play lol
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

tfrizz wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
tfrizz wrote:[Funny thing is... after that random vote I tried to talk the rest of the goons into killing him the next night. They agreed he was a dangerous player, but we didn't end up doing it.
Yeah. I tried to stay calm, but I'd call it a rookie mistake. It's hard to learn to act normal when you get a role the first time you play lol
This is my 5th time having a role. I bombed the first one. It was the game where the seer pegged us all and we had no chance.

I've done much better every time I think.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kind of lost in this post-game happy-fest is the unconscionable (non-)play of JS(c). The JOAT role is powerful for the town if played even adequately well.

I presume he will not be playing again.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

redwill wrote:Kind of lost in this post-game happy-fest is the unconscionable (non-)play of JS(c). The JOAT role is powerful for the town if played even adequately well.

I thought JS said he would be busy the first few days of the game or not be around much.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

redwill wrote:Kind of lost in this post-game happy-fest is the unconscionable (non-)play of JS(c). The JOAT role is powerful for the town if played even adequately well.

IMO he didn't live long enough to adequately begin to use his abilities. Using them early on is too much a crap shoot for one-shot abilities. I'd say he needed another day or 2 to really start using them without having to worry about his choices.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Good point. Had he played before?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

JS was my pride and joy kill
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Pavel Bure wrote:

IMO he didn't live long enough to adequately begin to use his abilities. Using them early on is too much a crap shoot for one-shot abilities. I'd say he needed another day or 2 to really start using them without having to worry about his choices.
He never even posted. He apparently signed up for the game and then either completely forgot about it or just blew it off. I'd be shocked to learn that he even once went into the game thread. Tragic.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kicksave wrote:

Sort of like shooting a dead squirrel?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Zarovich wrote:

I thought JS said he would be busy the first few days of the game or not be around much.
That was jaysmiter.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

redwill wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

He never even posted. He apparently signed up for the game and then either completely forgot about it or just blew it off. I'd be shocked to learn that he even once went into the game thread. Tragic.
Ah yeah that is true, didn't think of that. In that instance I probably would've used executive decision as the mod and handed it off to a random plain townie.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
haha thanks man...yeah it was a relief to me too. I definitely learned my lesson, and the vampire was a nice chance to see it from both sides.

I came up with that "NHL Scout" thing on the fly. I knew mac would never believe something as stupid as the "neutral observer", so I tried to think of someone that would observe hockey players, but have an edge in terms of talent. lol that was so funny
After last game when I made up "watsons assistant", I couldnt answer the questions that your and Malks lies raised. LIke the PMing each other thing. If I got away with it, I couldnt very well come down on your guys this game for doing the same. I think people will be wary of these kind of games now, because its two games now where someone made these claims and it wasnt their true RP role.

People are learning now to not trust people when they say that. If they are claiming this, they shouldn't do it in the way me and Shaf have done it.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Pavel Bure wrote:
redwill wrote:He never even posted. He apparently signed up for the game and then either completely forgot about it or just blew it off. I'd be shocked to learn that he even once went into the game thread. Tragic.
Ah yeah that is true, didn't think of that. In that instance I probably would've used executive decision as the mod and handed it off to a random plain townie.
Yeah! I could've done some damage with that role. (If I do say so myself.)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel Bure wrote:
We were close to doing that. He was trying to figure out what was going on, and seemed to catch on the last two nights, but then BANG KS got him. Thats why the writeups at the start were taking so long.

That said, I didnt use my first action as JOAT until like the 4th night, so who knows if he would have really had an impact. I think KS got him night 5.
Last edited by slappybrown on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

slappybrown wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
We were close to doing that. He was trying to figure out what was going on, and seemed to catch on the last two nights, but then BANG KS got him. Thats why the writeups at the start were taking so long.

That said, I didnt use my first action until like the 4th night, so who knows if he would have really had an impact. I think KS got him night 5.
I didn't even know he actually showed up. I skipped one of the days because the obvious mob was making me angry. :lol:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:

Kind, except after you kill the squirrel you find out that squirrel was going to try and kill you.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

there are killer squirrels out there???
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:JS was my pride and joy kill
Kind, except after you kill the squirrel you find out that squirrel was going to try and kill you.
Or that the squirrel never even knew you existed, as in JS(c)'s case.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

slappybrown wrote:
MWB wrote:So what night was shaft turned? Was he killed and then had to decide if he wanted to turn into a goon? Was there no kill that night, or just a kill from the independent?
If you read the barbershop writeup (night Troy died, I think night 7), you should have a good idea that someone was turned.
It caught my attention. I wondered if I was reading it right. I didn't know for sure what happened, but it seemed to me that something else happened, though I wasn't sure if it was just me reading too much into the write up.