NHL Wars Post-Game Show

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: NHL Wars Post-Game Show

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:i wonder how this game would have went if i would have gone along with the KS vote instead of slowing things down to go back to malka
Interesting thought. If that would have happened, there would have been no way I could keep people off of Malks without gaining suspicion. I would have somehow had to find a way to eliminate the independent vig and a bunch of other superstars. That would have been tough.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Every time I go back and read Malkamaniac's four pages of hysterics I laugh out loud
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kicksave wrote: I like the Christmas theme but I also like the idea of NHL Wars: Season 2.
There was a dispute about the new CBA and as such there is a lockout for at least one season. :wink:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel Bure wrote:I know I said it already but this really was an excellent game. Well balanced and everything.
Credit to NAN there as well, we were deliberating whether to add recruiting, and he said if we included the vampire, make it no recruits. It worked out perfectly in the end.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

shafnutz05 wrote:Every time I go back and read Malkamaniac's four pages of hysterics I laugh out loud
His outburst didn't suprise me, it was people were actually believing him that had me laughing.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Kicksave wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Every time I go back and read Malkamaniac's four pages of hysterics I laugh out loud
His outburst didn't suprise me, it was people were actually believing him that had me laughing.
this is the first time i've played on here...i was open ears to everything. or at least i tried to be.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

slappybrown wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I know I said it already but this really was an excellent game. Well balanced and everything.
Credit to NAN there as well, we were deliberating whether to add recruiting, and he said if we included the vampire, make it no recruits. It worked out perfectly in the end.
Yeah when a game is done you can usually tell if it was good. If it was a blood bath one way or the other then the game is usually unbalanced. A well balanced game is key to these things being enjoyable.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Kicksave wrote:
I like the Christmas theme but I also like the idea of NHL Wars: Season 2.
Either one works for me
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Azkar wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
I like the Christmas theme but I also like the idea of NHL Wars: Season 2.
Either one works for me
Well its up to you and KS. Either would be fun if you ask me.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

slappybrown wrote:Calder Image: tfrizz. Not THG :D

Eat your heart out, Mr Crosby! :pop:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:
MWB wrote:So what night was shaft turned? Was he killed and then had to decide if he wanted to turn into a goon? Was there no kill that night, or just a kill from the independent?
If you read the barbershop writeup (night Troy died, I think night 7), you should have a good idea that someone was turned.
I couldn't believe that no one even commented on it. I spent most of this game :face:'ing the village [team?].
That was a particularly embarrassing moment.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Why?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Why?
Because you couldn't have been any more blatant and people still wouldn't vote for you. It was ridiculous. :lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wallflower wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Why?
Because you couldn't have been any more blatant and people still wouldn't vote for you. It was ridiculous. :lol:

Yea, we had a good laugh over that. I think I even got someone to switch a vote off of me.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Malka's imposion was :face: for everyone. I was ready to concede, especially after shaf had everything pegged. Then when shaf was the vampire, my head exploded and thats when I knew we had the win baring any unforseen circumstances.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I also want to point out shaf coming out saying he was the "NHL Scout". That was hilarious.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Kicksave wrote:I also want to point out shaf coming out saying he was the "NHL Scout". That was hilarious.
i was dead by that point but i was thinking to myself... "really? another person comes out and says their role and people believed them?"
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

count2infinity wrote:
Kicksave wrote:I also want to point out shaf coming out saying he was the "NHL Scout". That was hilarious.
i was dead by that point but i was thinking to myself... "really? another person comes out and says their role and people believed them?"
This game provided many a laugh. I enjoyed it very much.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I'm so glad shafnutz played well this game. I really think he was just a little too nervous last game having a role. I really don't want to see anyone become the butt of the jokes and get snap-lynched every game.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Juice wrote:I'm so glad shafnutz played well this game. I really think he was just a little too nervous last game having a role. I really don't want to see anyone become the butt of the jokes and get snap-lynched every game.
*cough* THG *cough cough*
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Juice wrote:I'm so glad shafnutz played well this game. I really think he was just a little too nervous last game having a role. I really don't want to see anyone become the butt of the jokes and get snap-lynched every game.
haha thanks man...yeah it was a relief to me too. I definitely learned my lesson, and the vampire was a nice chance to see it from both sides.

I came up with that "NHL Scout" thing on the fly. I knew mac would never believe something as stupid as the "neutral observer", so I tried to think of someone that would observe hockey players, but have an edge in terms of talent. lol that was so funny
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

shafnutz05 wrote:
haha thanks man...yeah it was a relief to me too. I definitely learned my lesson, and the vampire was a nice chance to see it from both sides.

I came up with that "NHL Scout" thing on the fly. I knew mac would never believe something as stupid as the "neutral observer", so I tried to think of someone that would observe hockey players, but have an edge in terms of talent. lol that was so funny
:thumb: to manipulating roles to fit the theme of the game.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:

After last game when I made up "watsons assistant", I couldnt answer the questions that your and Malks lies raised. LIke the PMing each other thing. If I got away with it, I couldnt very well come down on your guys this game for doing the same. I think people will be wary of these kind of games now, because its two games now where someone made these claims and it wasnt their true RP role.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

shafnutz05 wrote:

I thought about coming out as the superstar sniper or something like that to sway mac and sdm, but I thought it would seem desperate and seal my fate. Turns out mac fell for your story...

I'm glad Juice was killed by goons first night when I killed dags. I'm sure one or both would have come after me early and I would have been screwed lol
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Zarovich wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

I thought about coming out as the superstar sniper or something like that to sway mac and sdm, but I thought it would seem desperate and seal my fate. Turns out mac fell for your story...

I'm glad Juice was killed by goons first night when I killed dags. I'm sure one or both would have come after me early and I would have been screwed lol
i've learned to always go after you....you are always a bad guy it seems :pop: