NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by count2infinity »

*from the grave*

bah... i knew it was coming tonight... good luck village!!!

*back to the worm buffet*
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Zarovich wrote:I just don't know. Something tells me Kicksave is a goon. Mac could be one too. Hell, you could be one!

I'm gonna stick with kicksave for now. If there are 2 goons left, we have to get one now.
Alright...I was hoping you would just kind of go along, but I see your point.

It wasn't skill (for the most part) that made me so sure on the goons so far. I have a "neutral observer" role. Essentially, I am friendly towards the superstars, but if the game comes down to the wire, I can ally with the other neutral RP. I got lucky with "seeing" Azkar and tfrizz, but the Irish Eyes deal was just a hunch on my part. As soon as I grew suspicious of kicksave, I took a look at him a couple nights ago. All I will say is that he is NOT a goon, without revealing much more. I really hate to do this at this point in the game, but there is no time left.

That is how I have been so spot on so far. I can say that Kicksave is NOT a goon, I am not a goon....and I don't believe you are either. That leaves sdm and mac as the probable one or two goons remaining, and I am leaning towards mac.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

I am gonna hold off for a few untill I can go back through the thread and look at votes and what not.

no need to rush this vote... its kind of a big deal for the game
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

sdm5055 wrote:I am gonna hold off for a few untill I can go back through the thread and look at votes and what not.

no need to rush this vote... its kind of a big deal for the game
Understandable....I am just worried about the confusion factor. I'll be honest, I was shocked when I checked Kicksave. I was SOLD on him being a goon. I feel pretty safe on you (for now). If I had a 2nd suspect it would be Zarovich, but he seems like he's being reasonable and not trying to stir the pot. I am pretty confident with this one though....getting the same gut instinct I got with Irish Eyes
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shaf, did i miss something.. are you a seer?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:shaf, did i miss something.. are you a seer?
"Neutral observer". The only people I know that are NOT goons are Kicksave and myself. I was torn between you and Zaro, so I am all ears.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:shaf, did i miss something.. are you a seer?
"Neutral observer". The only people I know that are NOT goons are Kicksave and myself. I was torn between you and Zaro, so I am all ears.
well i know what i am, and im a superstar. my votes are cast at night time in fear of missing a vote (which happened this morning) so i was hesitant to vote last night because of what happened witrh IE. i didnt want the thread locked because the only time i am on is after noon usually, and the thread was never locked to begin with over night. i didnt want it locked because i always miss deliberations when they happen before noon. so, am i allowed to point fingers when a bandwagon happens before noon just like everyone is doing to me since it happened when you werent on? it's juist the luck of the draw. if you think a goon player (probably the last one left) would be stupid enough to come out and follow the goon who is sacrificing himself (malkamaniac) then vote for me, but i cant see that being the case. 2 remaining goons and one is loud, the other one is probably laying back. the only player, maybe 2, that fit that role is Zaro and SDM. just my $.02
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am curious to hear kicksave's thoughts as well. Mac if you can make a case for sdm or zaro, then by all means let it out there. I was just going with my gut instinct (and some conjecture), but what do you think?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

and, is "neutral observer" a role?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:well i know what i am, and im a superstar. my votes are cast at night time in fear of missing a vote (which happened this morning) so i was hesitant to vote last night because of what happened witrh IE. i didnt want the thread locked because the only time i am on is after noon usually, and the thread was never locked to begin with over night. i didnt want it locked because i always miss deliberations when they happen before noon. so, am i allowed to point fingers when a bandwagon happens before noon just like everyone is doing to me since it happened when you werent on? it's juist the luck of the draw. if you think a goon player (probably the last one left) would be stupid enough to come out and follow the goon who is sacrificing himself (malkamaniac) then vote for me, but i cant see that being the case. 2 remaining goons and one is loud, the other one is probably laying back. the only player, maybe 2, that fit that role is Zaro and SDM. just my $.02
Sorry, I made that last post after you put this. I can understand that...I was still suspicious about the whole thing, but if I recall, Zarovich made the vote right after you. Looking back, you have been consistently outspoken, which, as you said, a goon might not want to do. I could get behind a zaro vote...what do you think?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:well i know what i am, and im a superstar. my votes are cast at night time in fear of missing a vote (which happened this morning) so i was hesitant to vote last night because of what happened witrh IE. i didnt want the thread locked because the only time i am on is after noon usually, and the thread was never locked to begin with over night. i didnt want it locked because i always miss deliberations when they happen before noon. so, am i allowed to point fingers when a bandwagon happens before noon just like everyone is doing to me since it happened when you werent on? it's juist the luck of the draw. if you think a goon player (probably the last one left) would be stupid enough to come out and follow the goon who is sacrificing himself (malkamaniac) then vote for me, but i cant see that being the case. 2 remaining goons and one is loud, the other one is probably laying back. the only player, maybe 2, that fit that role is Zaro and SDM. just my $.02
Sorry, I made that last post after you put this. I can understand that...I was still suspicious about the whole thing, but if I recall, Zarovich made the vote right after you. Looking back, you have been consistently outspoken, which, as you said, a goon might not want to do. I could get behind a zaro vote...what do you think?
i dont know im torn between him and sdm.. lets see waht either of them say. i was called out and responded... now it's their turns.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I'm at a loss right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)#Roles
Investigative roles (Less common)—"Spy", "Psychic", "Wizard", "Little Girl", "Oracle", etc.
"Psychic", "Psychologist", or "Sorcerer"-type investigators can determine other players' roles, rather than their alignments.[13] Roles which detect other roles are usually implemented in the same way as the Detective's ability to determine alignment. For example: the Psychologist points to a player (at night) for a "Thumbs-up" from the moderator if the "Vigilante" is pointed to.[17] A "Tracker" may see what someone's night action was, or the target of their action. The Devil is the Detective's Mafia counterpart, with the night-time ability to identify empowered Innocents.[18] The "Little Girl" in Werewolf and Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is allowed to secretly peek and watch as the werewolves choose their victim; if discovered doing so by the Werewolves, she dies of fright.[19] Information revealed to investigators is fallible (in more complicated variants). Online versions can give information with a confidence level, and in other variants the Narrator deceives the Detective by showing all players as Innocent, all as Guilty, giving reversed results, or random information (these can be termed as "Naïve",[20] "Paranoid", "Insane", or "Random" respectively). Additionally, some Alignment roles give immunity to successful investigation.[21]
Would slappy throw a new role at us?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:and, is "neutral observer" a role?
Quite frankly, I had no freaking clue what it was. Canaan called it the "scout" when he sent it to me, so I am assuming it's something he made up for NHL Wars (or maybe not, who knows). I am a lot more comfortable with you after your explanation...

waive mac

Can we get behind a Zaro vote? I really want to hear what KS has to say, since he is the only person I know for a fact to be a superstar.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oops

claim mac
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

shaf having a role makes sense. knocking off that many goons takes more than just luck.

waive Zarovich

Him voting for me seals who I'm voting for.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i was just making sure it wasnt a self proclaimed role. so, scout makes sense in NHL lingo, as a "scout" is there to watch certain players, not root for a "side"
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:i was just making sure it wasnt a self proclaimed role. so, scout makes sense in NHL lingo, as a "scout" is there to watch certain players, not root for a "side"
haha like the ones malks was coming up with?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

1 waive kicksave (zarovich)
1 waive zarovich (kicksave)

yes?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:i was just making sure it wasnt a self proclaimed role. so, scout makes sense in NHL lingo, as a "scout" is there to watch certain players, not root for a "side"
haha like the ones malks was coming up with?
yeah haha
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I feel kick is a goon and shaf is making me believe he is one now.

This is up to you mac and sdm. I think you 2 are clear and I know I am.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

we started with 11 RPs correct? so how many does that leave to be out there now good and bad?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Zarovich wrote:I feel kick is a goon and shaf is making me believe he is one now.
ha.......nice try.

Now I know that in the past, goons have taken out one of their fellow goons to make themselves look more legitimate. I have taken out TWO goons (including a key roleplayer early...Azkar), tried to take out a 3rd but was shouted down by the superstars (when I tried to save IE). Why would a goon take out three other goons to make themselves look good? If that is the only defense you have, then I am even more sold.

waive Zarovich
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

sorry zaro, thanks for thinking im green, but i'm not buying...

waive zarovich
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

well looks like we only needed three votes

<crosses fingers>
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner