NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol...without getting too defensive, that is a very weak play cup keeper.

-I was the first person to vote for tfrizz
-I was one of the very first to make a strong case for Azkar, who was the goon detective
-The only reason I came in very late on the IE vote is because the day phase started at like 11:30 PM. I tried in vain to save her, but Troy and beerman cast the two final votes after I pleaded my case. I tried to save the superstar angel, and I also voiced suspicion that malks wasn't really the hero doctor, which turned out to be dead accurate.

I can see no rational reason how you could make a case against me, but alas, you did. You have been creeping under the radar the entire game, and then make some gigantic case against me after I have outed 3 goons. I was somewhat suspicious of you before, but now I can say I am very suspicious.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Who was going after cupkeeper before?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Kicksave wrote:Who was going after cupkeeper before?
I thought count,sdm and cup had some kind of thing going before. I think that is who it was.

I don't think shaf is a goon. I was with him for voting for kicksave and looking back on day 2, when I just threw a random vote on tfrizz, kick got on me for it. Turns out tfrizz was a goon.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Zarovich wrote:
I thought count,sdm and cup had some kind of thing going before. I think that is who it was.

I don't think shaf is a goon. I was with him for voting for kicksave and looking back on day 2, when I just threw a random vote on tfrizz, kick got on me for it. Turns out tfrizz was a goon.
I didn't get on you for the specific vote, just the way you vote. You're always pretty silent and of courset he history of the last few games of you being a RP.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Kicksave wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

I didn't get on you for the specific vote, just the way you vote. You're always pretty silent and of courset he history of the last few games of you being a RP.
Right. Day 2 is almost a crapshoot like day 1 to me though. I'm not saying it implicates you for sure, just something that caught my eye.

It's getting down to it now though. We are losing our margin for error to get a goon.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

waive cupkeeper
again

he was really quiet after my theory behind why to wave him early in the game and never came up with any other theories.

it was almost like the other goons told him to keep a low profile after he came out with a big theory and then nothing.

and I wouldnt say we had anything going I have tried to wave him 3 or 4 times I think I switch once to be the deciding vote on hockeyguru but thats it
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

cup keeper wrote:I just found this. Is this a possible role for malkamaniac?
A Bulletproof Vest is either a role that cannot be nightkilled, or an item that provides immunity to nightkill. The role is powerful if unrestricted, since it can create an unkillable confirmed townie.
claim malkamaniac

I have no idea who I am voting for now.
After seeing this, combined with his voting for me after knocking out 3 goons, I am voting to waive cup keeper.

He has been flying low on my radar all game, but his vote out of left field on me, combined with his attempt to help out malkamaniac above, honestly is the only real gut feeling I have.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

COUNT

shaf - 1 (cupkeeper)
cupkeeper - 2 (sdm, shaf)

5 to waive.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

beerman, i understand your reasoning on me; however keep in mind that the vote would have been cast on kicksave pretty fast if i hadn't come in and asked everyone to slow down a bit and think about malks...
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

count2infinity wrote:however keep in mind that the vote would have been cast on kicksave pretty fast if i hadn't come in and asked everyone to slow down a bit and think about malks...
you asked everyone to not bandwagon, kicksave and said your vote was for kicksave but just not yet. Where did you ask everyone to slow down and think about malks?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

beerman wrote:
count2infinity wrote:however keep in mind that the vote would have been cast on kicksave pretty fast if i hadn't come in and asked everyone to slow down a bit and think about malks...
you asked everyone to not bandwagon, kicksave and said your vote was for kicksave but just not yet. Where did you ask everyone to slow down and think about malks?
nvm I just found it, was a page after those quotes my bad
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

no big deal...i was just making sure everyone knew where my loyalties were :lol:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

cup keeper wrote:I keep talking myself in and out of this but here goes:

waive shafnutz

The goons know more than anybody else so it is easy for them to manipulate the game by working together. Here's how I think it went down. Malkamaniac and irisheyes both avoided death in consecutive nights by protecting themselves. Malkamaniac took the opportunity to come out first as the superstar doctor. This buys him a day's worth of trust because no one is going to blatantly call him a liar and people will trust where his vote goes for that day. It happened in an earlier game with pavel bure. Anyhow shafnutz came in real late to try and stand up for irisheyes but the ball was already rolling and irisheyes was subsequently waived.

Now logic says that malkamaniac must go because he forced us to waive the superstar doc, but shafnutz comes in with an elaborate story about kicksave. Thankfully enough people saw through malkamaniac's crazy antics to waive him (myself not included :face: ).

Now shafnutz's argument will be that he voted for malks and he can't be a goon, but at the point of voting I think there were three goons left out of the ten players, pretty decent odds considering the starting situation. A goon sacrifice isn't all that bad of a play. They now stand at two out of eight.

This may be an off the wall theory, but I want to get it out there before a quick vote happens before I get on tomorrow morning.
not buying it... i was on the cupkeeper vote a long time ago, i think i might just stay on the cupkeeper vote...

interested to hear the rest of the debate though...
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I'm not necessarily advocating this, but what would the pro/cons be to the vig, assuming we have one, coming out right now? It would give us a player to "trust" and help us narrow only by one person this vote down. I'm assuming they should have at least one bullet if not two since there has only been multiple kills once or twice. Unfortunately they'd probably be killed the night after they come out, but could always give us another shot that night. The big downside is something like that could speed the game up and have too many people get knocked out in a hurry and kill the numbers.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Absolutely not should the vig come out. Stay as hidden as possible.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

beerman wrote:I'm not necessarily advocating this, but what would the pro/cons be to the vig, assuming we have one, coming out right now? It would give us a player to "trust" and help us narrow only by one person this vote down. I'm assuming they should have at least one bullet if not two since there has only been multiple kills once or twice. Unfortunately they'd probably be killed the night after they come out, but could always give us another shot that night. The big downside is something like that could speed the game up and have too many people get knocked out in a hurry and kill the numbers.
I thought if the goons tried to kill the vig they died instead? Maybe I forget the specific rules. It's been a while since the vig lasted this long. Also, aren't they out just gunning for themselves?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

shafnutz05 wrote:
beerman wrote:I'm not necessarily advocating this, but what would the pro/cons be to the vig, assuming we have one, coming out right now? It would give us a player to "trust" and help us narrow only by one person this vote down. I'm assuming they should have at least one bullet if not two since there has only been multiple kills once or twice. Unfortunately they'd probably be killed the night after they come out, but could always give us another shot that night. The big downside is something like that could speed the game up and have too many people get knocked out in a hurry and kill the numbers.
I thought if the goons tried to kill the vig they died instead? Maybe I forget the specific rules. It's been a while since the vig lasted this long. Also, aren't they out just gunning for themselves?
I forgot about that but it's a good point and they should absolutely stay hidden that being the case. I just wanted to bring it up, like I said I didn't really feel it should happen, just wanted some thought.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Malkamaniac wrote:
LOL, I'm not calling out anyone for attention off of me. You want to vote for me do it.

Beerman
kicksave
mac
sdm
shafnutz05
count2infinity

ARE ALL FREAKING GOONS.

waive kicksave
well...who does that leave out? don't we have 2 goons left?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
LOL, I'm not calling out anyone for attention off of me. You want to vote for me do it.

Beerman
kicksave
mac
sdm
shafnutz05
count2infinity

ARE ALL FREAKING GOONS.

waive kicksave
.....How would we know how many goons are left? It is not told to us, just how many RPS there are.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i thought someone earlier said we had 2 goons left? or was that just 2 rps?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

in any case..cupkeeper and zarovich are not on that list for some reason...
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

The vig should stay hidden.

I'm willing to vote cupkeeper.

waive cupkeeper
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

count2infinity wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Beerman
kicksave
mac
sdm
shafnutz05
count2infinity

ARE ALL FREAKING GOONS.

waive kicksave
we've got 3 rp left, so we've either got 2 good rp - 1 goon, 1 good - 2 goon, or 1 good - 1 independent - 1 goon.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

COUNT

shaf - 1 (cupkeeper)
cupkeeper - 3 (sdm, shaf, zaro)

5 to waive.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I think it's just as likely the other goon is on that list to be honest, he could've easily left two names for us to go after those and keep his guy safe.